+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kamika

Feb 10, 2012
Thank you!! Will make sure not to do the exam too early
and thank you pinklady for the doc list!
will probably come back soon with more questions ;-)
m.

apcmwh

Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
NevilleUK said:
Hi apcmwh,

May I ask how long it took for you to get confirmation from Mississauga that they had received your application? I know that it was signed for a while ago, but they haven't acknowledged that.

Has anyone else received any confirmation of receipt by Mississauga who posted theirs off around the same time as mine, 5/1/2012?

I hate all this waiting and not knowing :(
Hi NevilleUK

I feel your pain... We sent our application on 20 Dec and it arrived in Mississauga and was signed for on 22 Dec. Although we haven't received the sponsorship letter, it's quite a relief to get the AOR. At least we know that they haven't misplaced the application... yet!

If the timescales posted are correct, you should be getting your AOR / Sponsorship approval within the next couple of weeks so just hang in there!

Cheers

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apcmwh said:
Hi NevilleUK

I feel your pain... We sent our application on 20 Dec and it arrived in Mississauga and was signed for on 22 Dec. Although we haven't received the sponsorship letter, it's quite a relief to get the AOR. At least we know that they haven't misplaced the application... yet!

If the timescales posted are correct, you should be getting your AOR / Sponsorship approval within the next couple of weeks so just hang in there!

Cheers

Waiting is difficult no matter what stage you are at. I was approved in Dec., medicals received in London for my husband early January, and no change since then.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Hi Guys,

Another quick question. If you get a common-law permenant resident visa and then get married, how does that affect things? I'm assuming they can't stop you getting married but is it more complicated than just changing your name?

Thanks

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
trickydicky16 said:
Hi Guys,

Another quick question. If you get a common-law permenant resident visa and then get married, how does that affect things? I'm assuming they can't stop you getting married but is it more complicated than just changing your name?

Thanks
It shouldn't change anything. Once you become a PR, your sponsor is financially responsible for you for the next three years, even if you break up. That is to say that they don't care what happens to your relationship once sponsorship has been approved; the responsibilities remain the same.

The only time switching from common-law to married matters is if you do it before you officially land as a PR. In that case, they need to be informed of all changes to your relationship status.

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
hi pink lady .. how r u can you please tell me the longest case that how long it took to process ..mine is in family class and in this march it will be one year since i put my case in .. and it will be 4 months after interview .. thank you .

Y

yameen

Ok i got a letter frOm misissauga that they they on my request they will refund the rprf fee within six weeks. Why does it mean??? I never made any requests for refund of fees and my husband case is still processing in london why wud they send me this letter.no contact from london since october.anybody has any clue why missga wud refund my fees which i hve not requested

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yameen said:
Ok i got a letter frOm misissauga that they they on my request they will refund the rprf fee within six weeks. Why does it mean??? I never made any requests for refund of fees and my husband case is still processing in london why wud they send me this letter.no contact from london since october.anybody has any clue why missga wud refund my fees which i hve not requested
you should call them right away since your case is at very critical stage and tell them that you never made such request, clearly it's a mistake!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
I'm totally exhausted and jetlaged, but oh so happy to finally be in Canada! Landing was a piece of cake, the only "problem" being my toddler who was exhausted after such a long flight.

Good luck and much patience to all of you still waiting! I KNOW how horrible it is! Almost drove me insane, but now I am here!! :)

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Aperture said:
It shouldn't change anything. Once you become a PR, your sponsor is financially responsible for you for the next three years, even if you break up. That is to say that they don't care what happens to your relationship once sponsorship has been approved; the responsibilities remain the same.

The only time switching from common-law to married matters is if you do it before you officially land as a PR. In that case, they need to be informed of all changes to your relationship status.
Thanks!! Always nice to know!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
yameen said:
Did u get a letter or email? Do u think that they did this to check that ur in country during the process of ur application???

s2gordon

Feb 10, 2012
Hello Everyone and Pink Lady,

I am very new to htis forum and all your information has been EXTREMELY informative thus far and I thank you all for that! :) I have a question regarding my passport and my application. I am sending my files this week (outland London, UK) (once I get my medical test done tomorrow) and I noticed that my passport expirse in August 2013. Should I renew my passport first? and then put through the PR aaplication? Would this invalidate my current work permit (which expires May 2012)? How long is the PR valid for if my pasport expires next year? What would you reccomend I do in this situation?

Also, how do I go about chanign my status from worker to Visa? WIll i have to leave the country and come back as a visitoir on the day my Visa expires?

Please let me know :)

Thank you,

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
Hi guys.

A quick explanation on my current situation. Seeking advice from someone with simular experience.

My application is being processed in London, and I'm currently living in Canada with my Canadian wife, who has been approved as sponsor.
I have 3 children, in my homecountry, from a previous marriage (We were divorced in 2001, and my ex-wife had sole custody of all 3 children).

I recieved a request from London today, to send documents proving that my ex-wife, in my homecountry has sole custody of my youngest child (he's 15). This is not a problem, as I have court papers, from this case, stating that she got sole custody of all 3 children. Furthermore they ask for proof, that I tried to have the youngest examined, and wasn't succesful in achieving this. ( I have no idea how I would prove, that I asked, had I done so ?).
I have no intention to ever try to sponsor any of my children in Canada, nor would they ever want to move to Canada.
I have 2 other children from this marriage, who are legally adults (24 and 19), and they request either "A detailed CV (What's this ?), or a schedule 1", for both of these children.
Now, I have had no contact to neither my ex-wife, nor the children, for several years, and as I said I have no intention to sponsor any of them.
Furthermore, I would prefer not to stir the pot, so to speak, and ask my ex-wife for anything, as it would be pointless, and nor do I wish to contact my kids with any of this, as I said, we haven't had any contact for several years, and I believe it's best for everyone, to keep it like that, at this time.

My question is this. Is there a way to simply let immigration know, that I have no intention to ever sponsor anyone, and will they accept this, along with the court papers stating, my ex-wife's sole custody ?

Thanks for any advice.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
s2gordon - You don't need to renew your passport yet. 18 months is plenty of time to complete the process. Once you are issued the visa it will expire 1 year from the date of your medical. However as of Dec 1 2011, London are no longer requesting passports and issuing visas, as UK citizens are visa exempt. You will likely just receive a COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) in the mail and then you 'land' in Canada.
As for changing your status from work permit to visitor, I am not sure. Perhaps you submit an application to extend your stay as a visitor. This can be done online or by mail.

s2gordon

Feb 10, 2012
Pinklady - Thank you very much! I am putting together my package, once I have it sent off I will let you know to add me to the timeline :) You guys on this forum are LIFE SAVERS! (I may have more questions before I send it off though :)