+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Elation and frustration all at the same time. I got a reply this morning to my email. They have sent my COPR in the post, but annoyingly it got returned because it says there is no one of my name at that address! Grrrrr! It's so annoying. We live in an apartment building, and because I am not on the tennancy agreement (boyfriend has lived her for years, long before I came along, and landlord won't add me to it), they don't list my name on the directory. Wouldn't matter if we were married and shared the same surname, but we're not. I'm just annoyed because this has happened before, and they leave delivery cards. I have been like a hawk, checking several times a day, and did not see anything. Anyway, have replied this morning asking them to re-deliver c/o of my boyfriends name and for them to send me the tracking details. Oh the frustration! Just thinking that it was here in my building and they took it away is making me sob a little inside!!!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Wow, thats really rubbish, sorry it happened. I can't imagine the frustration!
At least you are close. Hopefully in 2 weeks time it'll be back in your hands and you can laugh about it (well maybe you'll have to wait a little longer before you can laugh!)

DO you want me to wait until you actually receive the COPR to update the spreadsheet or shall we put an approximate date of when it should've been received?

Let me know.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Victorfoxtrot said:
Elation and frustration all at the same time. I got a reply this morning to my email. They have sent my COPR in the post, but annoyingly it got returned because it says there is no one of my name at that address! Grrrrr! It's so annoying. We live in an apartment building, and because I am not on the tennancy agreement (boyfriend has lived her for years, long before I came along, and landlord won't add me to it), they don't list my name on the directory. Wouldn't matter if we were married and shared the same surname, but we're not. I'm just annoyed because this has happened before, and they leave delivery cards. I have been like a hawk, checking several times a day, and did not see anything. Anyway, have replied this morning asking them to re-deliver c/o of my boyfriends name and for them to send me the tracking details. Oh the frustration! Just thinking that it was here in my building and they took it away is making me sob a little inside!!!!
That is so, so rotten! NEITHER of our names are on the directory (we have our mailing address for me as our lawyer's office here in T.O., so that shouldn't be an issue -- though you never know) but we're ALWAYS missing packages. Esp. from Fedex/DHL who won't phone us and ask to buzz them up. They just look at the directory, see no name that matches, and slap a "delivery attempted" notice on it. You poor, poor thing. I can't even imagine how annoyed you must be!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Hey Pinklady. Thanks for your support. It's a really weird feeling, I'm 90% frustrated and 10% elated right now. I am hoping that balance will tip the other way soon. I've emailed them, and so did my boyfriend, I am hoping that they will agree to send it c/o my boyfriend aka my sponsor, and give me the tracking details. It's just so frustrating as I bet I'll have to wait another few days before they even email me back. Of course now my imagination is going wild with me wondering what if they think I don't really live there etc, what if they decide to take it all back. What if, what if, what if! Oh this does nothing good for my nerves. Breathe & relax. I think for the spreadsheet, yes it does make sense to estimate the date, since it is only postal issues that have caused the delay. I'd say if the letter has already been returned to London, then based on my Decision Made date of 20th Jan I reckon it would have arrived say Monday 30th Jan. Does that seem reasonable?

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Victorfoxtrot said:
I think you would be ok to go to Ireland. You've had the request for your ROPRF haven't you? So that means it is on its way. I'd book a ticket to Ireland and go see everyone. Just take all your paperwork with you, so if the COPR doesn't turn up before you leave you can re-enter and demonstrate your application is in and what stage is at. Who knows you could even use your return trip as your landing trip! On another note, I see you are in Toronto already with your boyfriend. Me too - have been since July 2010. If you fancy meeting up for coffee, since I am assuming you're not able to work etc, I bet your days are just as full as mine, then I'd be happy to. PM me if you fancy it. I'm East in the Danforth area, closest subway is Broadview.
Not sure if I did it right, but I sent you a PM re coffee! If you didn't get it, let me know. :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Victorfoxtrot said:
Hey Pinklady. Thanks for your support. It's a really weird feeling, I'm 90% frustrated and 10% elated right now. I am hoping that balance will tip the other way soon. I've emailed them, and so did my boyfriend, I am hoping that they will agree to send it c/o my boyfriend aka my sponsor, and give me the tracking details. It's just so frustrating as I bet I'll have to wait another few days before they even email me back. Of course now my imagination is going wild with me wondering what if they think I don't really live there etc, what if they decide to take it all back. What if, what if, what if! Oh this does nothing good for my nerves. Breathe & relax. I think for the spreadsheet, yes it does make sense to estimate the date, since it is only postal issues that have caused the delay. I'd say if the letter has already been returned to London, then based on my Decision Made date of 20th Jan I reckon it would have arrived say Monday 30th Jan. Does that seem reasonable?
Hey, I put in the estimated date, but I havent highlighted it in red yet, we'll wait until you actually get your hands on it first. Hope thats ok.
Try not to worry too much, although I know thats much easier said than done.
It won't be long now :)

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
:) thanks for the congrats!
I was wondering , after the PPR do you know if they send back pics or any other documents ? or they keep them all.. just curious

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Mrkhan and Irish Colleen.... have you heard anything re sponsor approval yet?

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Irishladyloo said:
Not sure if I did it right, but I sent you a PM re coffee! If you didn't get it, let me know. :)
Yes you did, and I'd love to meet for a coffee. I will PM you later tonight. For a change I have a busy day today!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
nessa O199 said:
:) thanks for the congrats!
I was wondering , after the PPR do you know if they send back pics or any other documents ? or they keep them all.. just curious
I didnt get anything back, but I have heard of others who did.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Canada tomorrow :)
When landing and showing the lists of goods...do you have to open your suitcase or will they just take your word for it?

Asking cuz when I packed I mixed my stuff n hubby´s stuff so both get some of the other one´s stuff...(learned that the hard way once when my suitcase got lost and I had to wear boxer shorts for a week]

Good luck to all still waiting, and so sorry Victor to hear about the mess with your copr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I've never heard of them opening cases, regular customs officers might but not immigration. One of my shipping boxes was opened, but I was notified that I was the lucky one chosen for a spot-check. They were kind enough to give me the option to be there when they did it....near Halifax....I'm in Edmonton! Yeah, no, go crazy I'll check it when it gets here thanks!

Where are you landing?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Canooknic said:
I've never heard of them opening cases, regular customs officers might but not immigration. One of my shipping boxes was opened, but I was notified that I was the lucky one chosen for a spot-check. They were kind enough to give me the option to be there when they did it....near Halifax....I'm in Edmonton! Yeah, no, go crazy I'll check it when it gets here thanks!

Where are you landing?
Vancouver,, thanks for the reply :)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I thought it was, I couldn't remember!! My fiancé is working over there this week (it's been a bit rainy I'm afraid! :()

Have a great flight, and (a slightly premature) Welcome To Canada!!!!!!! :D

bally21

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Northern Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2012
LANDED..........
28-07-2012
Hi Pinklady! I am on the other forum british expats and was wondering if we could be added to your spreadsheet please?
Bally21 and our spousal application was sent Feb 4th 2012 and it apparently arrived the 8th Feb. Thank you! :)