+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
lesleyaddy said:
Pink lady would I be able to pick your brains if you dont mind? We've had all our sponsorship acceptance through and are just playing the waiting game now...every day feels like a minutes gone by..haha! We've pencilled in and are hoping to be landing in Canada around the 1st June annddd Ive just found some flights that have dropped in price for the middle of June...do you think it would be wise to book our flights now or should we hold out just in case theres a delay in our application? ( Hopefully it will be straightforward..married with son :) ) I think the excited half of me wants to book the flights and the anxious half is a bit more cautious in case anything goes wrong...hmmmmm what to do??! xxxxx Any opinions gladyyyy wanted :) xxxxx ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hmmmm interesting. The average processing time at London is a little under 3 months, meaning you would get PPR/COPR perhaps around mid april. Things could move even faster than that of course.
Its totally up to you about whether to risk it or not. Chances are you will be ready to move in mid June. Is there an option to book the flights and be able to change them at a later date if things don't go to plan?
I think personally I would wait before booking flights unless they were refundable, but like I said, its up to you and the odds are in your favour.
Good luck!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
pinklady said:
Hmmmm interesting. The average processing time at London is a little under 3 months, meaning you would get PPR/COPR perhaps around mid april. Things could move even faster than that of course.
Its totally up to you about whether to risk it or not. Chances are you will be ready to move in mid June. Is there an option to book the flights and be able to change them at a later date if things don't go to plan?
I think personally I would wait before booking flights unless they were refundable, but like I said, its up to you and the odds are in your favour.
Good luck!
Hi Pinklady, when you say the "average processing time at London" is a little under three months, when do y you start this period? is it when VO receive the file or when they start processing it?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
ahm2299 said:
Hi Pinklady, when you say the "average processing time at London" is a little under three months, when do y you start this period? is it when VO receive the file or when they start processing it?
Sorry, I meant looking at the spreadsheet, it shows the average length of time from London receiving the application to PPR/COPR is 88 days.

I would assume also that the average times posted on the website (80% complete in 7 months) is from when they receive the file.

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
My partner is now officially a Permanent Resident of Canada!

We took the train down to Niagara Falls yesterday and he landed at Rainbow Bridge. It took a bit longer than expected because our Canadian border agent had to leave part way through processing to deal with an urgent matter for someone else, but it was otherwise quite straight-forward. They had no problem fixing his COPR document (which had accidentally listed his country of birth as "England" when, in fact, he was born in Scotland). The agent was Scottish, which made it even nicer--a familiar accent from his home country.

After the agent said "Congratulations", I made him jump so he could actually "land" as a Permanent Resident. Then we celebrated with some doughnuts from Tim Horton's.

Thank you to everyone, especially pinklady, for your help along the way!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Aperture said:
After the agent said "Congratulations", I made him jump so he could actually "land" as a Permanent Resident.
Lol, loser!! Haha

Congratulations, its a great feeling isnt it!!

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

I have a question for the "veterans" please! my partner is coming over to Canada at the end of the month to "visit"; I'm hoping they'll extend his visa right away when he tells them he's waiting to obtain his PR. I was wondering, if he gets PPR/COPR while he's in Canada, will he have to return to the UK so he could then come back and "land" as a PR? or can he still meet up with an immigration officer and sort out the paperwork here?

Thanks for all your help and congrats to everyone who got good news this week!! :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
vet25 said:
I have a question for the "veterans" please! my partner is coming over to Canada at the end of the month to "visit"; I'm hoping they'll extend his visa right away when he tells them he's waiting to obtain his PR. I was wondering, if he gets PPR/COPR while he's in Canada, will he have to return to the UK so he could then come back and "land" as a PR? or can he still meet up with an immigration officer and sort out the paperwork here?
When he arrives at immigration, he will likely we granted the full 6 months allowed on visitor status. This is just 6 months from the date they stamp in his passport. If they give him a visitor record then it could be different. He should bring proof of the PR application.
Also he should update his mailing address to show the Canadian address. When he gets the PPR/COPR, there is no need to return to UK. You can post your passport from here and have it returned here (like I did) and you can either make an appointment to 'land' (can take around 2-3 weeks for an appointment) or you can drive to the US border and either cross for the day and then return, or flagpole.
Hope that helps!

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
pinklady said:
When he arrives at immigration, he will likely we granted the full 6 months allowed on visito status. This is just 6 months from the date they stamp in his passport. If they give him a visitor record then it could be different. He just bring proof of the PR application.
Also he should update his mailing address to show the Canadian address. When he gets the PPR/COPR, there is no need to return to UK. You can post your passport from here and have it returned here (like I did) and you can either make an appointment to 'land' (can take around 2-3 weeks for an appointment) or you can drive to the US border and either cross for the day and then return, or flagpole.
Hope that helps!
That's great! Thanks pinklady!! :)

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
pinklady said:
Good luck!

Thanks Pink Lady...I think I shall hold off. Was letting excitement get the better of me..lol!! Another quick question if you dont mind....when hopefully we get his ppr/copr and everything goes smoothly....do we have to make an appointment to land? We would be landing at vancouver International Airport. Im a little unsure of the process after the recieval of ppr/copr :) Sorryy to be a pain :) xxxxxx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Not being a pain!

Once you have the COPR you will be able to complete the PR process by 'landing' in Canada.

When you go to immigration on arrival in Vancouver you will not need to make an appointment. You will need to go through immigration like everyone else, only then you will be directed to another room to do the official landing and signing of the COPR. Do not sign the COPR until asked to do so.

An appointment is only necessary if you are already in canada and cannot make it to to the border to flagpole, then you can arrange a landing appointment at your local cic office.

After landing, you will be able to use the COPR to obtain a SIN, register for healthcare etc. The PR card will arrive in the mail after 4-6 weeks. You don't need to fill out any additional forms, it will arrive automatically to the Canadian address you provide when you land.

Good luck!!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
chrischris said:
Hello all - finally, I have my COPR - it arrived the weds before last.
BRILLIANT!!!

Y

yameen

Ahm2299 I saw ur MSG. Im not sure if u got my reply.
I hope u get ur results soon.

Robotxxx

Feb 8, 2012
Hi, I'm currently sponsoring my husband from the uk. Please could you add me to the spread sheet!

App sent. Dec 7th
App rec. Dec 12th
Sponsor app. Feb 3rd

Current status. PR in progress, Meds recieved.

I've booked a house hunting trip for May and hopefully we'll know by then. Then the real work of packing and deciding what to take starts! Really not looking forward to having to make a landing list, or to shipping the dogs either!

Thanks Pink Lady for the spreadsheet which is so useful!

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
yameen said:
Ahm2299 I saw ur MSG. Im not sure if u got my reply.
I hope u get ur results soon.
I got your reply yaameen, thanks so much. I wish you a speedy process too :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Robotxxx said:
Hi, I'm currently sponsoring my husband from the uk. Please could you add me to the spread sheet!

App sent. Dec 7th
App rec. Dec 12th
Sponsor app. Feb 3rd
Added :)