+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
DECISION MADE!!
8) :p
ECAS has just changed this morning for us! So excited!!! I'm hoping since they requested the ROPR fee that it is a yes!!! This means we can start booking flights and getting our life sorted.

My poor postman will be sick of me standing at the door waiting for him now!!

How long does it usually take from this point?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
what is ESTA?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
If anyone landed in Vancouver (airport)...how long did the process take? I know it differs from time to time, day to day etc, but just curious. Will be landing late afternoon this Friday. :)

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Daisies said:
what is ESTA?
Electronic System for Travel Authorization http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_System_for_Travel_Authorization

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
ahm2299 said:
Electronic System for Travel Authorization http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_System_for_Travel_Authorization
Thanks! So it´s the same thing as the green lil note you had to fill out on the plane on the way to the States before.

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
YIPPEEEEE - great news TrickyDicky!

VictorFoxTrot - did you get anything in the mail yet??

SO exciting guys!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Alltogethernow/TrickyDicky - Nothing in the post yet. But today is another week and as I sit and type here on a gloriously sunny morning in Toronto, it is only 09.30am so who knows what today could bring? My Ecas changed to Decision Made on 20 Jan, so I'm into the third week of waiting. I did email them on Thursday night to ask whether something is in the post or an email on its way, but have had no reply. I'm wondering whether they aren't responding because something IS on its way, and they simply can't be bothered, or because I didn't include enough info in my email (since read on the website you should include your DOB + lots of other identifying info, and I only provided my UCI number). I don't want to bombard them though.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Daisies said:
Thanks! So it´s the same thing as the green lil note you had to fill out on the plane on the way to the States before.
Yeah. You fill it out online and submit it. Its valid for 2 years.
When you cross a land border though, you still have to fill out the green card which is stapled into your passport and valid for 3 months.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
trickydicky16 said:
DECISION MADE!!
8) :p
ECAS has just changed this morning for us! So excited!!! I'm hoping since they requested the ROPR fee that it is a yes!!! This means we can start booking flights and getting our life sorted.

My poor postman will be sick of me standing at the door waiting for him now!!

How long does it usually take from this point?
Yey, great news!! Hope you hear something soon!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Victorfoxtrot said:
Oooh that's so frustrating for you,but like Pinklady says, try not to fret, at least you know you've been approved. I paid my fees up front, but it is very nailbiting waiting for that envelope. I keep having nightmares that they have rejected me! Completely irrational, but I can't let myself get carried away planning our future until I have COPR in my hands! Maybe next week will be the week.
I know, I just have to be patient and stay cheerful. Really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that long to wait -- not like some people who applied over a year ago! I hope I don't end up like one of those people...

I feel like such a spoiled brat complaining, because I'm already living in Toronto with my boyfriend, so it's not as bad as it could be. To be honest, I just really want to visit home as my sister was quite sick last year (right after I left Ireland) and has been having a few problems the last few weeks. This makes me feel even WORSE, because all these people can't wait to get approved so they can come to Canada, but I've been here so long I just want to go home and make sure everyone is still alive!! I figure best not to chance leaving in case they don't let me back in.

SOOOOOOON... Just need to keep up the tea drinking and gym! Bide my time until the next Tuesday comes and I can check ecas for updates!!

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Hello all - finally, I have my COPR - it arrived the weds before last.

It took an intervention by the MP. At first they tried to brush him off with the "awaiting routine background checks" rubbish, but he didn't take that for an answer, asked for more details and the next day these checks that we'd apparently been waiting months for mysteriously materialised and then everything happened within days and COPR turned up in the post. Hooray for democracy and thank you John Weston MP.

So, one way flight booked at the end of the month, notice handed in at work and finally we can get on with our lives. Pinklady - you can finally fill in that glaring hole in May on the spreadsheet - COPR on Jan 25th.

thanking you...

Chris.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Irishladyloo said:
I know, I just have to be patient and stay cheerful. Really, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that long to wait -- not like some people who applied over a year ago! I hope I don't end up like one of those people...

I feel like such a spoiled brat complaining, because I'm already living in Toronto with my boyfriend, so it's not as bad as it could be. To be honest, I just really want to visit home as my sister was quite sick last year (right after I left Ireland) and has been having a few problems the last few weeks. This makes me feel even WORSE, because all these people can't wait to get approved so they can come to Canada, but I've been here so long I just want to go home and make sure everyone is still alive!! I figure best not to chance leaving in case they don't let me back in.

SOOOOOOON... Just need to keep up the tea drinking and gym! Bide my time until the next Tuesday comes and I can check ecas for updates!!
I think you would be ok to go to Ireland. You've had the request for your ROPRF haven't you? So that means it is on its way. I'd book a ticket to Ireland and go see everyone. Just take all your paperwork with you, so if the COPR doesn't turn up before you leave you can re-enter and demonstrate your application is in and what stage is at. Who knows you could even use your return trip as your landing trip! On another note, I see you are in Toronto already with your boyfriend. Me too - have been since July 2010. If you fancy meeting up for coffee, since I am assuming you're not able to work etc, I bet your days are just as full as mine, then I'd be happy to. PM me if you fancy it. I'm East in the Danforth area, closest subway is Broadview.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
chrischris said:
Hello all - finally, I have my COPR - it arrived the weds before last.

It took an intervention by the MP. At first they tried to brush him off with the "awaiting routine background checks" rubbish, but he didn't take that for an answer, asked for more details and the next day these checks that we'd apparently been waiting months for mysteriously materialised and then everything happened within days and COPR turned up in the post. Hooray for democracy and thank you John Weston MP.

So, one way flight booked at the end of the month, notice handed in at work and finally we can get on with our lives. Pinklady - you can finally fill in that glaring hole in May on the spreadsheet - COPR on Jan 25th.

thanking you...

Chris.
Congratulations chrischris, long time coming, so happy for u ;D ;D ;D

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks vet25 for the information. Very helpful. I guess we just have to do the same as everyone else now and wait ;)

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Chrischris - wahooooooo!!!!!!!! Fabulous news :)