+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Victorfoxtrot said:
Oooh that's so frustrating for you,but like Pinklady says, try not to fret, at least you know you've been approved. I paid my fees up front, but it is very nailbiting waiting for that envelope. I keep having nightmares that they have rejected me! Completely irrational, but I can't let myself get carried away planning our future until I have COPR in my hands! Maybe next week will be the week.

Right, it is the not being able to plan that is a bit frustrating, I think the wait would be easier to take if we knew when our partners would get their COPR. In our minds we are aiming for March. I hope we won't be disappointed.

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
zaig said:
hi liza ur interview was taken in same month as mine .. whats happening . any news they are doing my back ground check what about you .?
Hey Zaig!
Yah I see your interview was 15 days before mine! The thing with my husband was he had his security interview but exactly 2.5 months after my hubby got his medical request.. so we sent it off just waiting now. Although was your interview for security or just a normal one? For us the background check took a whole year.. it lasted till right before the interview. How do u know its in background checks now? did u contact ur MP?

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
pinklady said:
Aperture, ESTA is only for air travel. For land crossing only passport is required
Thank you! Good to know. :)

So looking forward to my partner landing and being done with this!

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hey Aperture,
A question! .. Just saw your timeline n was wondering did you get a COPR in the mail?
They never requested your passport? ... Im guessing this process makes things faster
and easier & do they notify you that they will be sending the COPR?
Hehe.. sorry but a bit curious!

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Hi liza it was my. Normal interview. And vo told me it will just take few weeks renew medical and pcc i did it in october since than in every enquiry they says still in background checks .

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Irishladyloo said:
I'm so envious. We entered 'in process' on the same day as you, the only difference being I was then issued a RPRF because our stupid lawyer didn't tell us we could pay this up front. She actually didn't tell us anything, just, "The fees are all paid." Was so peed off to get that little document in the post and to find that it could delay us by up to 8 weeks!! All this rage is compounded by the fact that perhaps, just maybe, if this had been paid in the beginning, we'd be DM by now (since you are!). ARGH! We did everything we were supposed to and now we're delayed anyway. :'(
We are the same as you. We could've paid up front but didn't. We didn't ralise this could delay it for up to 8 weeks. It's a nightmare.

Y

yameen

Still waiting ....... NO news.
Anywhoooo im flying to london for the very first time tomorrow.any tips anyone what to expect at immigration? Im landing in heathrow.does immigration give u hard time as to why are u here ,where u going ,what do u want here? Or just welcome have good stay???

Im askig because the first time i visited 'a certain country whch shall remain nameless' 5 years ago they interrogated me like i just got realeased frm prison and i was barely 20 ..so im wondering wud i get hard time in london too?if anybody knows.as canadian im protected by the queen too. Right :O lolssss. :(

<<<<<< prone to easily getting lost and scared :/

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yameen said:
Anywhoooo im flying to london for the very first time tomorrow.any tips anyone what to expect at immigration? Im landing in heathrow.does immigration give u hard time as to why are u here ,where u going ,what do u want here? Or just welcome have good stay???

Im askig because the first time i visited 'a certain country whch shall remain nameless' 5 years ago they interrogated me like i just got realeased frm prison and i was barely 20 ..so im wondering wud i get hard time in london too?if anybody knows.as canadian im protected by the queen too. Right :O lolssss. :(

my wife visited 4 times and never had any problems, she was just asked first time that why she was here and where she was going to live, normal questions I believe?
I think it depends on the immigration officer as well in what mood they are : D

I would suggest bring along a letter from your employer(if its not too late) mentioning that you have a job in Canada or your property documents(if any),

I hope they let you in without any difficulty! Goodluck!

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
yameen said:

Hey Yameen.. I went to london about 5 times n they gave me a hard time cuz i went for about 2.5 the first time n after that everytime I went they asked me loads of questions! Just make sure u bring ur sponsorship papers when she u got the confirmation and whenever I went I also brang letter from my work that I was returning so they didnt think I wanted to stay. And lol yes ur Canadian but they won't give u special treatment haha well they didnt for me instead they gave me hard time so just be calm n answer the questions accordingly n u'll be fine!

Y

yameen

Thanks for the responses.
i resigned to be able to go so job letter is out of question. I guess ill just see tomorrw how it goes.

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Hey Everyone,

Pink lady would I be able to pick your brains if you dont mind? We've had all our sponsorship acceptance through and are just playing the waiting game now...every day feels like a minutes gone by..haha! We've pencilled in and are hoping to be landing in Canada around the 1st June annddd Ive just found some flights that have dropped in price for the middle of June...do you think it would be wise to book our flights now or should we hold out just in case theres a delay in our application? ( Hopefully it will be straightforward..married with son :) ) I think the excited half of me wants to book the flights and the anxious half is a bit more cautious in case anything goes wrong...hmmmmm what to do??! xxxxx Any opinions gladyyyy wanted :) xxxxx ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
liza5 said:
Hey Aperture,
A question! .. Just saw your timeline n was wondering did you get a COPR in the mail?
They never requested your passport? ... Im guessing this process makes things faster
and easier & do they notify you that they will be sending the COPR?
Hehe.. sorry but a bit curious!
We never got a passport request; we got sent COPR in the mail a few months after sponsor approval (with no updates in between). As far as I can tell, we were the first on the forum to have this happen, but I think it has happened to a few more people since then. I'm not 100% sure how they decide who gets a passport request, who gets a photocopy-of-passport request, and who gets COPR without having to send in anything. You can always try e-mailing the London visa office and asking them for an update on your situation if you haven't heard anything in a while and your eCAS already says "Decision Made". Good luck!

visanews

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

So we have sent our application to Mississauga. We know it was received on Friday 3rd Feb for we sent it special delivery. Can someone tell me apart from waiting, how I can track the progress? Big fingers crossed that we have completed all the forms correctly. My wife is from Quebec so we will have more forms to complete when/if she is accepted as my sponsor........hoping it will be when! :)

Visanews

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
visanews said:
Hi Guys,

So we have sent our application to Mississauga. We know it was received on Friday 3rd Feb for we sent it special delivery. Can someone tell me apart from waiting, how I can track the progress? Big fingers crossed that we have completed all the forms correctly. My wife is from Quebec so we will have more forms to complete when/if she is accepted as my sponsor........hoping it will be when! :)

Visanews
Hi!

You will get a letter acknowledging the receipt of your file (AOR), and they'll provide you wilth a unique client ID (UCI). From there you will be able to track (sort of...) the progress of your application online at the CIC website (under "Help" and the "Check application status"). The reason I say " sort of" is because they don't seem to update that site very often unfortunately (it's quite frustrating!). If you can find the spreadsheet for this thread, you can have a look on how long it took for the various applicants to get updates.

I posted my application from Montreal to Missisauga on Sept 23rd, they received it on October 11th and they only sent me my AOR on November 25th....so it could take a bit longer for you to get confirmation of receipt!

I am also from Quebec and am sponsoring my partner who is British, so I know exactly what you are going through!! Hope this makes sense! Let me know if you need any clarifications :)

Good luck! ;D

liza5

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2009
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-01-2012
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Aperture said:
We never got a passport request; we got sent COPR in the mail a few months after sponsor approval (with no updates in between). As far as I can tell, we were the first on the forum to have this happen, but I think it has happened to a few more people since then. I'm not 100% sure how they decide who gets a passport request, who gets a photocopy-of-passport request, and who gets COPR without having to send in anything. You can always try e-mailing the London visa office and asking them for an update on your situation if you haven't heard anything in a while and your eCAS already says "Decision Made". Good luck!
Thanks for the reply Aperture!
For us everything that happened in our file nothing got updated on ecas just says started processing on jan/18/2012. But after they sent the email for medicals to be redone they had also said not to contact them until they contact us.. so im a bit worried to contact them so it doesnt delay the file. Although I want to know whats going on in the file..