+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
awilliams123 said:
pinklady, thank you. You can add me to your spreadsheet if you like, application sent on 1 Nov and received in mississauga on 10 Nov. I really hope we filled out the forms correctly, we didn't go over them about 10 times, they were at times quite confusing. I'd hate to have a delay because we left something out. I'm hoping that we are set to go my end of June next summer, my sister is getting married and we're planning on going for the wedding, and also hoping we can use that trip to land in Canada as well. Suppose it is possible looking at the process times recently, but one can only hope. With our luck, there'll be some reason it will take a year!
This is my post from ages ago...I was right, we'd have mucked it up if I hadn't caughtened on to the RPRF posts...D'OH! :'(

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Don't worry!!

If you submit the payment now, it will reduce the chance of delays. :)

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2012 (Received 19-03-2012)
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
awilliams123 said:
I have seen a lot on the right of permanent residence fee on this thread. Not sure why, but I never came across the option to pay this upfront when we were filing the application. We only paid the application fees. How did we miss this? Also, how much of a delay will this cause?
If you send it in now, you'll be grand. Honestly, there was no hope for me realising because I thought the lawyer had taken care of everything (she paid all the fees up front for us). She has since moved to a different firm. The first we heard was when we got a letter from our new lawyer saying it hadn't been paid. The most frustrating thing is that we don't know if this is a mistake (others in the thread have paid it, only to be asked for it again later on), or if she really didn't pay it. Grrr!

However, lucky for you, I did learn in my frantic 'does an RPRF mean we're getting close?!' googling that it is "best" to send it either when you apply or 'anytime before they ask for it.' So, yes, you can TOTALLY send it now and everything will be fine. Just pay it online, print off the receipt, enter the payer's details and Client ID Number and attach a note that explains you're paying it now because you didn't realise you could pay prior to the request (that's if you're worried it will get lost/they won't know what to do with it when they get it). Worst case scenario, London will send the RPRF request when the time comes and you can reply directly to the VO with an email and attachment showing it's already been paid. It seems others have done so when they received an RPRF in error and London has gotten back to them fairly quickly about it!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
pinklady said:
You could use the case specific enquiry webform and attach a copy of the receipt as a pdf. I would do it. I don't think it can hurt.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/update-how_mettre-comment.aspx?view=d

Course I will add you to the spreadsheet :)
I'm still weighing up whether or not to send the receipt to London, as the email said not to send them anything at all. I'll see... Maybe if ecas hasn't been updated by next Tuesday/I don't hear back from CPC-M and I start to get desperate.

Thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet, by the way. Just a quick update: I got 'In Process' on ecas on January 17. :)

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
Hello!

I just came back to Canada last week after being in the UK for a year (I'm a citizen) and my partner is planning on coming over from England in a few weeks. I just received sponsorship approval this morning (yay!) so his file is on its way to London for processing. Since he's a British citizen, he can come as a visitor, but does he have to mention anything specific at the border when he gets here? Like that he's currently waiting for permanent residency? If anyone can give me some info about the best and most appropriate way to go about this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!! :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
When I came to Canada last October, I was truthful with them, which was a good thing as they could see from my file that I had an application in process, dont lie, just say that he has come to visit you for a while, while the application is going through, make sure he has proof of the conformation of the sponsoship approval, and anything else that can show you have paid for the medicals ect.

I was given a year vistor visa, but got my PR 2 weeks after I landed, she told me that she was giving me a year to make sure that I didnt have to exstend my visitor visa after 6 months. What I would recommend though is that you do have a return ticket and that you have some proof of ties to the UK for your husband, such as a rental agreement or family or a job. Im saying this as they will also want to make sure that if the application was denied, that your husband will return to the UK. :)

Bluesteam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Langley
Visa Office......
Berlin
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MandyUK said:
I officially landed today at Canada Place Edmonton, pretty painless, the hard part was waiting in line for so long, but once in the room it went pretty fast. We have to contact Border control to submit our GTF list, and went straight downstairs after to service Canada to get my SIN number. So yay, all done and dusted now, good luck to all still waiting, and try not to get to paranoid on checking, it is addictive. :)
Congratulations Mandy and all the BEST to you and your Family - maybe we see you in Vancouver one of this days ;D ;D

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Bluesteam said:
Congratulations Mandy and all the BEST to you and your Family - maybe we see you in Vancouver one of this days ;D ;D
Thanks Bluesteam, Im in Edmonton, so maybe I will have to come on a visit sometime, would be great to meet up with some of the friends I have made on here ;D

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Uhm...ok I'm worried. We've both only booked one way tickets to Toronto and I'm almost positive we won't have COPR by then. Is my fiancé going to have to get a return before we fly??!!

Irishladyloo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
14-11-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
shudda said:
Uhm...ok I'm worried. We've both only booked one way tickets to Toronto and I'm almost positive we won't have COPR by then. Is my fiancé going to have to get a return before we fly??!!
I have never traveled without a return flight as I find that's the best way to prove ties to home/intent to leave if you're asked at the border. Usually I book it for six months ahead and am then honest with customs and border (here to visit boyfriend, will return home on this date) when they ask why I'm visiting. The last time I did this, I was taken aside for additional screening as it was the second year in a row that I arrived for a six month visit. I imagine they would have given me a much harder time if I hadn't had a return flight/travel insurance/a bit of money in my account as they were already wary ("How can you afford to come here? Is your boyfriend going to support you? Why would you even want to go home in six months?"). I booked a return flight and canceled after I arrived (when I decided to extend my stay). I got a credit for the return journey from the airline.

vet25

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27/04/2012
LANDED..........
MandyUK said:
When I came to Canada last October, I was truthful with them, which was a good thing as they could see from my file that I had an application in process, dont lie, just say that he has come to visit you for a while, while the application is going through, make sure he has proof of the conformation of the sponsoship approval, and anything else that can show you have paid for the medicals ect.

I was given a year vistor visa, but got my PR 2 weeks after I landed, she told me that she was giving me a year to make sure that I didnt have to exstend my visitor visa after 6 months. What I would recommend though is that you do have a return ticket and that you have some proof of ties to the UK for your husband, such as a rental agreement or family or a job. Im saying this as they will also want to make sure that if the application was denied, that your husband will return to the UK. :)
That's great MandyUK, thank you so much!! I really appreciate it! and congrats!!!!!!!! :D

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
shudda said:
The advice is always that it is better to have one since it proves she has a tie to the UK and will return at the end of her visitor period (or if she doesn't get PR). Having said that I've got recent experience of this. I've taken 2 trips back to the UK in the last 6 months. Because I was using up return leg tickets etc, both times it has meant that I didn't have a ticket back to the UK. I was so worried about this, that both times, I ended up booking another flight back to the UK just in case, but literally did this days before I was due to fly back to Canada, and both times with a completely different airline. At no point did anybody, either airline official or immigration officer in Canada ask me for proof of my return ticket. I thought it odd that the airline official surely would clearly see when I was checking in that firstly I am a British Citizen and secondly that I don' t have a return ticket.
I too have been taken for secondary screening at Toronto Pearson, and they've only ever asked me once for proof of funds (but I told them verbally, they didn't want to see it on paper) - they never mentioned anything about travel insurance or return flights. I did volunteer the return flight info, but they didn't want to see actual proof. I've always been totally honest with them though, said i am visiting my boyfriend, and on the second time I declared 'dual intent' - which is when you say you are coming to visit your partner, but you also have a PR app in process. Perhaps I have been lucky? I don't know, I am sure there are plenty of others who will tell you that you do need one, because you can be refused to board. The way I see it is that I do still need to visit the UK to see friends and family, so I don't view it as too much of a hardship - quite the opposite in fact.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
vet25 said:
Hello!

I just came back to Canada last week after being in the UK for a year (I'm a citizen) and my partner is planning on coming over from England in a few weeks. I just received sponsorship approval this morning (yay!) so his file is on its way to London for processing. Since he's a British citizen, he can come as a visitor, but does he have to mention anything specific at the border when he gets here? Like that he's currently waiting for permanent residency? If anyone can give me some info about the best and most appropriate way to go about this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!! :)
Yes he can. I did this just before Christmas. I made sure I had with me the letter that my partner got saying he was approved as sponsor. Just so I could prove my application was in process. I got sent into another room for additional screening (has happened twice) and they were great and understanding both times. It is worth taking proof of the application, travel insurance, bank statements and a return flight ticket (although I never got asked for this, but it is a risk I believe to not have one, hence why I have always booked a return flight). Basically when he arrives at the customs desk, he should give the officer his passport, his landing card and have the letter to hand. He should say, I'm here as a visitor, but I also have an application for common-law/spousal permanent residency in process. The officer will then probably send him through to another room where they'll give him a visa visitor record in his passport. They gave me a year when I flew back earlier this month.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I think its best to have a return flight. I once had a one way ticket from Manchester to Toronto (with Air Transat) and they wouldnt let me check in. I had to buy a return ticket at the airport.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hi everyone

I just wanted to let you know that today i had an interview at the Canadian embassy in Stockholm and the interveiw went well. The officer informed me that the visa will be issued in March and that they need to make some background check up so I am so glad..

Regards
Yasiin