+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
Hi All - thank you for all the positivity!

Pinklady - 2 months is the norm for managers where I work.. but as MandyUK says, I have plenty of time to sort my life out now! We don't have to land until August 2012, so no rush.

For others asking about the process, I have no idea why we didn't get a PPR or request for photocopies of passport & photos.. Our application was pretty straight-forward.. Just me (born in Canada, living in the UK for 6 years) and my husband (British born), no kids. We paid all the fees upfront and quadruple checked all the forms for omissions / mistakes before sending. We're both fully employed, financially stable, have no criminal records, in good health and my husband hasn't lived outside of the UK (though he has travelled a lot, and for extended periods).

I received an email from the ECAS Tracker yesterday (16th Jan) that:

'We started processing your application on January 13, 2012. Medical results have been received. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.'

...the following morning (17 Jan), the COPR arrived by signed-for post. It has one of the photos we originally sent in with the application on it.

It comes with a few pages of guidance.. the main points being:
-> (As previously mention by Aperture): "As of Dec 1, applicants for PR who have a passport which is visa exempt for travel to Canada no longer require a PR visa in their passport to travel to Canada.... only the enclosed 'Certificate of Permanent Residence' form is required to seek admission to Canada."
-> Verify that info on the COPR is correct
-> Do not sign / alter the document until asked to do so upon arrival in Canada
-> You must present the form at a Canadian port before the expiry date* (which cannot be extended). *This should be the date on which your medical expires (Aug 2012 for my husband)
-> This form cannot be used if family composition changes (births, deaths, divorces, etc)

I really hope that this will be the way forward and the rest of you go straight to the COPR - one less step in a long process that will significantly cut down on the wait!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeri27 said:
Is there somewhere online and can find this information or will immigration send info to my wife when she receives the Landing Visa?
Search the forums here.

Also - http://immipedia.ca/Goods_to_follow

Check the airline website for their limits.

What items are you talking about?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Jeri27 said:
Is there somewhere online and can find this information or will immigration send info to my wife when she receives the Landing Visa?
What information are you looking for exactly?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
My wife just sent her photos and paperwork for the visa yesterday. We are just wondering what to expect next. What will come with the Landing Visa. Will there be info with it to guide her? My wife wants to know how much stuff to can take with her on flight to Canada.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Only what the airlines allow. She can arrange to have more items shipped over but she must declare them when she lands.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeri27 said:
My wife just sent her photos and paperwork for the visa yesterday. We are just wondering what to expect next. What will come with the Landing Visa. Will there be info with it to guide her? My wife wants to know how much stuff to can take with her on flight to Canada.
What "stuff" does she want to take?

Check the airline web site for baggage allowance, the weight has nothing to do with immigration.

CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-arriving.asp

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
Schintz!
My partner has got a letter of recorded delivery waiting at the post office! We were at work when it came! He hasn't ordered anything, so I'm hoping it's COPR too!
Congrats!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Rscmoore said:
Schintz!
My partner has got a letter of recorded delivery waiting at the post office! We were at work when it came! He hasn't ordered anything, so I'm hoping it's COPR too!
Congrats!
Go and get it!!!!

kicker123

Jan 17, 2012
Pinklady, i have an update for your London spreadsheet. i am new here and dont seem able to send you a private message with the information.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kicker123 said:
Pinklady, i have an update for your London spreadsheet. i am new here and dont seem able to send you a private message with the information.
You need 20 posts.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
kicker123 said:
What is your update?

Welcome to the forum :)

nelmul

Jan 4, 2012
hi there. this is our first post on this thread.

i just want to ask if it is possible to send more photos because i read that there are a few applicants who sent around 100 photos and we only sent around 15. i was wondering if it is possible to send additional information to accompany the application. and to where do i send it as it is currently only been in Mississauga for two weeks now.

any help will be appreciated!

thanks

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
Rscmoore said:
Schintz!
Congrats!
I really hope it is! The suspense would kill me - I'd probably end up camping outside of the post office overnight! Let us know!