+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Schintz said:
..oops! I *might* have resigned today.. waited until the very end of the day, but bit the bullet at 5:30 and sent it off! I only got your reply after leaving work. I have to give two months notice though, so loads of time yet.. I hope! :)
yeah, 2 months... I wouldn't worry then. Seems like an awful lot of notice to give though!!!

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
Hi guys,

Is it possible for my sponsor to be in the UK with me as a visitor, while we wait for PR to come through? Or, as the sponsor, does he need to be in Canada? I've heard conflicting things about it this so far. Any first hand experience would be fantastic!
:D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
lillia123 said:
i know im the princaple applicant so i'll put my details there, i'll put my sons details there to,
so my question is that i have a daughter who has a canadian passport she got it through her father because her father was a canadian citizenship at the time of her birth, my son was not so he did not get the canadian citificate,
can you pleeeeeeeeese help me with this one because i want to send everything tomarow.
Lillia, So your husband is sponsoring you and your son? If so, this is the only information you put on the sheet. Your husband and daughter are canadian citizens already and you do not need to include their information. Only those being sponsored.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Schintz said:
AAAHHHHHHH!!!! WE JUST GOT OUT COPR!!! No PPR or anything.. just a COPR delivered by recorded mail to our address in London.. *cough*.. just realised I'm telling a forum before telling my husband..
Haha, well i'm sure we are all very honoured!!
Congratulations!!!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
kbaqua said:
Hi everyone, quick question:

Does the sponsor in Canada have to stay in Canada for the whole PR process? I'm asking as I'm a UK citizen and my boyfriend is Canadian. We are going to apply, once married, for PR through London and I was wondering if he can stay in the UK with me for that period of time on 'visitor' status?

Thanks a lot, this thread is great to have!

:D
If he is a canadian citizen he can stay with you in England. If he is a PR, he will have to remain in Canada,

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
how long does it take for routine back ground enquires . does any one know sine my interview this is 4th month after my interview.
how they are doing back ground checks . do they call each and every place since we born . and what if the complete address of place is not given . thanks

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
Just received email for sponsor approval!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEE HAWWWWW!!!!!!!!

pinklady, could you please update the spreadsheet?

Happiest day in a really, really long time!

Irish Colleen

Star Member
Aug 8, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th December 2011
File Transfer...
7th February 2012
Med's Done....
9th December 2011
LANDED..........
20th May 2012
How do we add a document to our application?

Can anyone advise me please? we sent our application in without our official Marriage Certificate and we want to add it now? We have not heard anything from Missisauga yet, and we are not yet in process.

How do we go about this please?

Thanks in advance

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Re: How do we add a document to our application?

Irish Colleen said:
Can anyone advise me please? we sent our application in without our official Marriage Certificate and we want to add it now? We have not heard anything from Missisauga yet, and we are not yet in process.

How do we go about this please?

Thanks in advance
I would wait until you hear from Mississauga and receive a file number. Then send the marriage certificate directly to London with the file number so they can match it up.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
awilliams123 said:
Just received email for sponsor approval!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEE HAWWWWW!!!!!!!!

pinklady, could you please update the spreadsheet?

Happiest day in a really, really long time!
Congratulations!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
xianjw said:
I'm a UK citizen that's been in a relationship with a Canadian for a little over two years now and we are having a child together; due April. Up to now I've just be coming in and out of Canada on Visitor Visas and have pretty much got away with it without too much hassle. I work remotely so I'm not technically working here. But I've been told to get my house in order by the immigration department.

So do I apply inland or outland? I have the choice. Outland seems quicker and more flexible given my comings and goings, but the idea of having to head over to London for interview at short notice or courier my passport there, would be a pretty big and expensive pain, so am I better off applying inland?
What do you mean when you say immigration told you to get your house in order?

Since you are visa exempt I would recommend you apply outland. You are a UK citizen so being called for an interview it pretty unlikely. And recently the rules have changed and passports no longer need to be sent to London. They can either request a photocopy, or just send the COPR (landing document) in the mail to you.

If you apply inland, it would be unwise to leave Canada during the processing (10 months stage 1 and 10 months stage 2). Outland is taking on average a little over 4 months to complete.

If you have more questions, please ask.

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Does anyone know how much you can bring to Canada when you land? Like is there an amount ($) or weight (kg/lbs)?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jeri27 said:
Does anyone know how much you can bring to Canada when you land? Like is there an amount ($) or weight (kg/lbs)?
No cash limit (you have to declare over $10,000).
Weight - the airline sets the limits, or if you mean the weight of items shipped, the shipping company, and your wallet set the limit (per container).

Don't forget to list everything on your goods to follow form.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Jeri27 said:
That depends on the airline. There is no limit in terms of immigration.
If some of your belongings are following, then make sure you fill out the correct forms.

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
Is there somewhere online and can find this information or will immigration send info to my wife when she receives the Landing Visa?