+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Schintz said:
..oops! I *might* have resigned today.. waited until the very end of the day, but bit the bullet at 5:30 and sent it off! I only got your reply after leaving work. I have to give two months notice though, so loads of time yet.. I hope! :)
well at least it will give u time to organise everything and go do a few things before you leave, its suprising the amount of places and things you want to go to or do once you know ur leaving ;D

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Schintz said:
..oops! I *might* have resigned today.. waited until the very end of the day, but bit the bullet at 5:30 and sent it off! I only got your reply after leaving work. I have to give two months notice though, so loads of time yet.. I hope! :)
I think you did the right thing, average timeline suggests that you will get it by the time your notice period is over or may be a little later if everything goes by well.
I am given one month only to pack up, still to drop off my Passport and won't be getting it back until 2nd of february and by that time I will have 13 days left to enter Canada which is pretty tight!!!

I resigned today giving a two weeks notice sacrificing 2 weeks pay :mad:

xianjw

Jan 16, 2012
Hi All,

I'm a UK citizen that's been in a relationship with a Canadian for a little over two years now and we are having a child together; due April. Up to now I've just be coming in and out of Canada on Visitor Visas and have pretty much got away with it without too much hassle. I work remotely so I'm not technically working here. But I've been told to get my house in order by the immigration department.

So do I apply inland or outland? I have the choice. Outland seems quicker and more flexible given my comings and goings, but the idea of having to head over to London for interview at short notice or courier my passport there, would be a pretty big and expensive pain, so am I better off applying inland?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Xian.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
all those who get there ppr congrats i am so happy london is very so fast hopefully yameen and yasiin aswell get ppr soon .i am aug applicant still e cas in process pls pray 4 me u all that i get ppr soon . i sent an email last week but still no replay .

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Question about COPR:

We just reviewed my partner's COPR document and it says his country of birth is England. In reality, his country of birth is Scotland.

All of the other details are correct--for example, it says that he is a British citizen and that the country issuing his travel document is the United Kingdom--so does this need to be changed?

(I'm wondering if/hoping that this is just one of those annoying circumstances wherein a computer believes that all the constituent countries of the UK are, in fact, England.)

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
hi pinklady

hopefully you can help me with this quesstion, now that i have the ppr, i understand that i need to send mine and my sons passport with 2 pictures, but i dont understand the page that says “Updated Information Chart”,
i know im the princaple applicant so i'll put my details there, i'll put my sons details there to,
so my question is that i have a daughter who has a canadian passport she got it through her father because her father was a canadian citizenship at the time of her birth, my son was not so he did not get the canadian citificate,
my daughter was not included in the sponsorship application, but she will be going with me , so do i put her information in the updated information chart.
and also my husband is in canada he will not be traveling with me, do i put his information in updated information chart.
can you pleeeeeeeeese help me with this one because i want to send everything tomarow.

thank you.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
My advice would be to give them too much info rather than too little, and you could add a letter explaining the situation as you did in your post on here... :)

With the risk of causing anger in London I'll repeat my advice given months ago....whenever I was unsure about something when filling out the application I just put a post-it note with explanations to whatever I wasn't sure about. I felt it's much better to give too much info rather than too little.

lillia123 said:
hi pinklady

hopefully you can help me with this quesstion, now that i have the ppr, i understand that i need to send mine and my sons passport with 2 pictures, but i dont understand the page that says “Updated Information Chart”,
i know im the princaple applicant so i'll put my details there, i'll put my sons details there to,
so my question is that i have a daughter who has a canadian passport she got it through her father because her father was a canadian citizenship at the time of her birth, my son was not so he did not get the canadian citificate,
my daughter was not included in the sponsorship application, but she will be going with me , so do i put her information in the updated information chart.
and also my husband is in canada he will not be traveling with me, do i put his information in updated information chart.
can you pleeeeeeeeese help me with this one because i want to send everything tomarow.

thank you.

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
Aperture said:
...We just reviewed my partner's COPR document and it says his country of birth is England. In reality, his country of birth is Scotland. All of the other details are correct--for example, it says that he is a British citizen and that the country issuing his travel document is the United Kingdom--so does this need to be changed?
Hi Aperture - I'm no expert, but I wouldn't worry too much about it - admittedly, before living in the UK, I was incredibly naive to the constituent countries structure.. I think you're right about the computer just lumping Scotland into England. No harm, except to your partner's pride! The only trouble I can foresee is if they see Scotland as the country of birth on his passport and England on the COPR and take issue with it. Is there a number on the COPR you can call to just check that it will be okay?

MandyUK said:
well at least it will give u time to organise everything and go do a few things before you leave, its suprising the amount of places and things you want to go to or do once you know ur leaving ;D
hsbalouch said:
I think you did the right thing, average timeline suggests that you will get it by the time your notice period is over or may be a little later if everything goes by well.
Thanks both, that's reassuring! And MandyUK, that's very true! I've been living in the UK for 6 years now, and it'll be hard to leave my in-laws and friends!

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
AAAHHHHHHH!!!! WE JUST GOT OUT COPR!!! No PPR or anything.. just a COPR delivered by recorded mail to our address in London.. *cough*.. just realised I'm telling a forum before telling my husband..

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
Yay Schintz that's great!!

Go tell your husband and then when you get a chance to you explain how it all worked? Most of us are still confused about this new process!

Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're done!!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Now I want my copr too!! I want it, I want it, I want it..!!!... Checking my e-mail every 2 minutes but no ppr, so hoping I will get snail mail this week. I want it, I want it, I waaannntttt iiittt!! :-*

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Schintz said:
AAAHHHHHHH!!!! WE JUST GOT OUT COPR!!! No PPR or anything.. just a COPR delivered by recorded mail to our address in London.. *cough*.. just realised I'm telling a forum before telling my husband..
That's great news, and funny about telling us before you husband. I am sure we can all relate to that!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shudda said:
Yay Schintz that's great!!

Go tell your husband and then when you get a chance to you explain how it all worked? Most of us are still confused about this new process!

Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're done!!
Right, I agree with Shudda, what do we need to know about this new process?

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Schintz said:
Hi Aperture - I'm no expert, but I wouldn't worry too much about it - admittedly, before living in the UK, I was incredibly naive to the constituent countries structure.. I think you're right about the computer just lumping Scotland into England. No harm, except to your partner's pride! The only trouble I can foresee is if they see Scotland as the country of birth on his passport and England on the COPR and take issue with it. Is there a number on the COPR you can call to just check that it will be okay?
First of all, congrats on your COPR!!! Yay! I love seeing this forum light up with happy new PRs.

Anyway, we did e-mail this London VO first thing this morning, so hopefully they can clarify. I was just hoping someone on this forum would have had this problem before and could tell me what, if anything, they had to do.

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
Hi everyone, quick question:

Does the sponsor in Canada have to stay in Canada for the whole PR process? I'm asking as I'm a UK citizen and my boyfriend is Canadian. We are going to apply, once married, for PR through London and I was wondering if he can stay in the UK with me for that period of time on 'visitor' status?

Thanks a lot, this thread is great to have!

:D