+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Y

yameen

Imran bhai thanks. And also if within the 6 month timeline the embassy normally doesnt reply to emails unless somethings up.u can order caips notes thru someone living in canada which explains the how far ur process is and has notes on ur application.but frm what i gather london normally takes 8 mnths to process pk nationals.
According to my caips notes i hav noticed the medical criminology and eligibility took less time to process.but security checks frm islamabad take longr.i cant see exactly coz they hide the security check results and do not disclose that info.
My applicatiOn assigment due date is on 25 th of jan.so im expecting most probably an interview.

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
Well we just got our confirmation email from CIC with the case reference number.

Now it shouldn't be too long before the sponsor approval.

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
ShaunT said:
Well we just got our confirmation email from CIC with the case reference number.

Now it shouldn't be too long before the sponsor approval.
Should be any day now - our application was received on the 5th of November and I was approved as a sponsor on Friday 13th Jan.

Good luck!

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
I know we're getting way ahead of ourselves here, but I just wanted to get my head around how the new PPR process works. From what I gather, they now email/send a letter asking you to copy certain pages of your passport, which you then send to London and they send you the COPR document in return - am I right in thinking this?

And if that is the case, is there still the option to go directly to the High Commission in London and pick up the COPR two weeks later? It seems a bit silly going in to give them a scanned piece of paper, but when the time comes we'd much rather do this as we live close to London, as it would give us a degree of control as to when we have the documents needed to land in Canada/book flights etc. So is it still an option to go directly to CHC London and return two weeks later, with the new PPR procedure in place?

Thanks!

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
I have no idea on the PPR procedure. We could still be a long long way off this yet.

It would be nice if you didn't actually have to send your passport off as it would allow me to plan better for the year ahead.

British_Bulldog

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2011
AOR Received.
13/01/2012
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
23/03/2011
Med's Done....
16/04/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
18/01/2012
LANDED..........
11/02/2012
So, after a four month wait for Mississauga and four months of not knowing if London had received our file, eCAS has finally updated to 'medical results received'!! Does this mean PPR is not long off now? :D

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
It shouldn't be long !! Congratulations :D

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Louise86 said:
I know we're getting way ahead of ourselves here, but I just wanted to get my head around how the new PPR process works. From what I gather, they now email/send a letter asking you to copy certain pages of your passport, which you then send to London and they send you the COPR document in return - am I right in thinking this?

And if that is the case, is there still the option to go directly to the High Commission in London and pick up the COPR two weeks later? It seems a bit silly going in to give them a scanned piece of paper, but when the time comes we'd much rather do this as we live close to London, as it would give us a degree of control as to when we have the documents needed to land in Canada/book flights etc. So is it still an option to go directly to CHC London and return two weeks later, with the new PPR procedure in place?

Thanks!
It's difficult to say for sure what the procedure is now! My partner and I got an e-mail a few days ago (after e-mailing the London VO ourselves asking for an update) saying our "permanent residence document" is already in the post. We haven't received the PPR yet, so we don't know if that is the PPR or the COPR.

In other words: I think the London VO is figuring it out as they go. But I imagine they'll still allow people to drop off the passport photocopies (if requested) in person.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is the best place to get photos in central London?

I am going to submit my Passport on coming thursday, is there any good place around the CHC-L to get the proper ones?

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran 901 said:
i am very happy and congrats hsbalouch bahi that u get ur ppr .u wait from long time and last u get ur ppr bro u help me some time so thanks for taht pls tuch with us .and its give us hope for non uk nationals that we will get ppr soon inshallah know soon zaig yameen and yasiin will get ppr soon bro i sent case inquiry form last 4 days but still no replay. what is ur view .and pls remember us in ur prayes. thanks bro enjoy your journey to canada we all miss u .
thank you very much and I hope you hear your positive news soon too!

one thing is for sure that if everything is in order they won't refuse you its just that extra security measures take a little longer for non-EU nationals.

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
Have randomly checked ecas on a Sunday night and my partners application has started process in London Jan 11th! With medicals results received.

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rscmoore said:
Have randomly checked ecas on a Sunday night and my partners application has started process in London Jan 11th! With medicals results received.
Does it actually say started process? My husband medicals have been received a few weeks ago, but it has never said processed or processing.

bealily

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012
I got an email on January 9, asking to send my passport to London :) :)

I´m really happy with this, except I was kinda hoping not to have to send the passport to London, but get that piece of paper (don´t remember what it´s called) instead. I´m in Canada now on a visitors visa and we are going to the US for a short trip in the end of January. I´ll was hoping to land on the way back :( But now I do need my passport to go to the US and then I´ll have to send the passport to London and hope it get´s there within the 45 days!!

Any recommendations on who to send the passport with to London from Canada? I guess not Canada Post if I want to be able to track it all the way.

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
@123me

Yes. On the first page it says in process. On the second, the date they received it, when they started processing it and about the medicals. Before that there was nothing!

Rscmoore

Aug 2, 2011
OMG! Just checked ecas again to double check I was seeing things right. It's changed, on a Sunday night to decision made for my partner, who im sponsoring! Must be working weekends!