+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
I have a question if anyone can help me out.

On the letter I got to mail in my passport, it says "for the visa to have maximum validity, all passports should be valid for at least 12months from the date of your medical examination." My wife's medical expires mid march. So as long they get my wife's passport in London by mid march she is okay? Or is the medical still required for when she comes to canadian border? Just not sure if she should redo her medical.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
When she gets the passport back with the visa in it, it will probably have an expiry date of mid march, same as the medicals. She will have to land before the expiry date on the visa.
Or they may extend the expiry date on the visa since its quite close to the expiry date of the medical.
I think it unlikely they would ask her to re do a medical exam at this stage. Just don't mention it.
Send off the passport asap and then land before the expiry date.

Congrats again!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Stevo78x said:
Hi - am starting to worry - I sent my application from UK to Miss and I know it was delivered on 21st October but I have never heard anything - do you get any sort of confirmation and how long should I wait now its gone past my date. Who do I actually contact as its still in process I presume in Canada?
If your sponsor is in Canada they can call the call centre 1-888-242‑2100.
Have you tried using the sponsors details and receipt number to login on ecas?

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
pinklady said:
When she gets the passport back with the visa in it, it will probably have an expiry date of mid march, same as the medicals. She will have to land before the expiry date on the visa.
Or they may extend the expiry date on the visa since its quite close to the expiry date of the medical.
I think it unlikely they would ask her to re do a medical exam at this stage. Just don't mention it.
Send off the passport asap and then land before the expiry date.

Congrats again!!
I don't know if she should risk it. My wife is from Sweden so it's not too far from London. How long does it take about to receive the visa back?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Sending it by recorded mail will be fine, but its totally up to you.
I sent mine to London from Canada and got it back in 5.5 weeks, but at that time it was taking ages for everyone. Recently people have been getting passports back in 3 weeks or less (to Canada). They do send it back recorded delivery aswell. I have to pick mine up from the post office and sign for it.
If she takes it over to London herself, she would have to stay in London for 2 weeks to wait to pick it up.
Totally up to you.

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
pinklady said:
Sending it by recorded mail will be fine, but its totally up to you.
I sent mine to London from Canada and got it back in 5.5 weeks, but at that time it was taking ages for everyone. Recently people have been getting passports back in 3 weeks or less (to Canada). They do send it back recorded delivery aswell. I have to pick mine up from the post office and sign for it.
If she takes it over to London herself, she would have to stay in London for 2 weeks to wait to pick it up.
Totally up to you.
ok thanks. I just don't want to risk it being expired and then reapply again... I will just have my wife call london tomorrow to be safe.

Thanks for all your help. Your spreadsheet timelines helped so much.

imran 901

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
London office
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 aug 2011
File Transfer...
18 oct 2011
Passport Req..
23may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2012
LANDED..........
13 july 2012 inshallah
hi thanks pink lady that u add me in your sheet .i have few ques and i need ur help pls i am a pakistani on student visa in uk .my case in london office from last oct 2011.my visa expire on 1 may my med is also expire on 3 may but still my case in process. do u know when they will made decision .and second ques that my baby born in canada last week .shell i infoam cic london .well its help my case . or delay my case i am so confuse pls help me .becose i miss my wife and my baby.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
My Canadian spouse also moved away from Canada as a child and is now returning there with me and our child. He showed proof that he will be moving back when I get my permanent resident visa. He was accepted as a sponsor. No prob. You don't have to worry. :)

lesleyaddy said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope everybody had a lovely christmas and new year :)

PinkLady, I forgot to message and say that my application was recieved on the 9th November by Miss. Ecas just says application recieved so the waiting game is on :)

Can I just ask a quick question as Ive been given some information today that has really scared me concerning my sponsorship application. A quick background on me is that I am a Canadian Citizen but I left with my mum when I was 5 and havent returned although my sister resides there now. We are married with a 2 year old son. Im hoping I havent been a bit naive in filling out the application and sending it off. I have shown proof of intent to re-establish myself and family in Canada, including contact with and a letter from prospective Landlords saying they would be happy to rent to us on our move to canada, emails and replies from prospective employers, as well as undertaking my BC Insurance Level 1 License long distance etc. I was under the impression that you had to show intent to re-establish yourself within Canada as i obviously live with my husband and son in the Uk at the moment and planned as soon as everything was hopefully successfull to move within a month. However, Ive been told by someone that I wouldnt be allowed to sponsor unless I actually lived in Canada and had a job with income to support my husband as in the sponsorship undertaking agreement?? Im really confused and worried that this is right. Have I gone the wrong way in sponsoring in the family class while still living in the UK? I dont understand any other way that I should have gone about it? I apologise if this seems like a remarkably stupid question, Im just that nervous and worried now after being told this that Ive wasted time attempting to sponsor in this way when I wouldnt be allowed because I do not live or have employment yet in canada. I thought as it was sponsoring someone while residing outside of Canada that this was the correct way.

Sorry to babble...I am having serious panic attacks!!! :s

If anyone can put me at ease or let me know that this information being told to me is true youd be helping hugely to steer me on the right path.

Many Many thanks to those who reply from a nervous wreck :'( :'( :-[

Colleen38

Oct 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2012
pinklady - Can I please be added to the spreadsheet? Not much to add, but...

Application sent: 4 January 2012
Mississauga signed for: 5 January 2012.

And now the wait begins!

cheers
Colleen

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Colleen38 said:
pinklady - Can I please be added to the spreadsheet? Not much to add, but...

Application sent: 4 January 2012
Mississauga signed for: 5 January 2012.

And now the wait begins!

cheers
Colleen
You are now added, congratulations on getting it sent off!

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
hi pinklady just want to ask how long should i wait for the email or mail of the decision of my application because my ecas has changed to "decision made".
i was thinking i should wait for about 2 weeks and then email the chc london to see what the decision of the application is.
please help me out.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
lillia123 said:
hi pinklady just want to ask how long should i wait for the email or mail of the decision of my application because my ecas has changed to "decision made".
i was thinking i should wait for about 2 weeks and then email the chc london to see what the decision of the application is.
please help me out.
Hi Lillia,
When did it change to decision made, Jan 8? Have you had any email correspondence from them in the past? I would give it a couple of weeks for a letter to arrive, then would send a case specific enquiry. So if you havent heard anything by say Jan 23, contact them.
I can provide a link to the case specific enquiry page if you need it?
Let me know.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
imran 901 said:
hi thanks pink lady that u add me in your sheet .i have few ques and i need ur help pls i am a pakistani on student visa in uk .my case in london office from last oct 2011.my visa expire on 1 may my med is also expire on 3 may but still my case in process. do u know when they will made decision .and second ques that my baby born in canada last week .shell i infoam cic london .well its help my case . or delay my case i am so confuse pls help me .becose i miss my wife and my baby.
To answer your first question, no, I have no idea when they will make a decision on your case. Every case is different and not being a UK national may lengthen the time it takes to do background checks etc.
Second question, firstly congratulations on becoming a dad! You do not need to inform CIC London as the baby is a canadian citizen. It is unlikely to help your case but it certainly won't delay it! If you want to submit a copy of the babies birth certificate as additional proof of your relationship it can't hurt. You can submit a PDF copy online using the case specific enquiry webform.
Good luck!

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
lillia123 said:
please help me out.
You should just email them. My wife emailed them yesterday and got a response by today. Don't try to call because they will transfer you to voicemail. My ecas still hasn't been updated yet.

I also found out from my returned email today it says as of december 1, 2011... certain countries are exempt for mailing in their passport and can just photocopy their passport to mail in to get their visa. They told is to specifically not to mail in our actual passport.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Jeri27 said:
I also found out from my returned email today it says as of december 1, 2011... certain countries are exempt for mailing in their passport and can just photocopy their passport to mail in to get their visa. They told is to specifically not to mail in our actual passport.
Mittens was asked to send in photocopies of all the pages of her passport, is this what they asked of your wife? Has she sent it off yet?

I said previously I sent my passport in via recorded mail, but I actually used Fedex, then received it back from CIC London by recorded delivery.