+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
BBG83... 4 sleeps, thats exciting!! 3 sleeps now...!

The big things you need are to get his medical sorted, but do that as close to sending off the application as possible, and also his police certificate. But if he's going back to the UK on the 4th, then he can apply after he gets back. It takes a couple of weeks to come through.

Also, a tip, pay all the fees up front $1040. There is an option to pay the RPRF later on, but this can delay the processing times significantly, so pay the full amount all at once.

Hmmmm send plenty of photos of your relationship over time and pictures with each others families aswell. Briefly describe each pic, who/where/when etc.
Start gathering old flight tickets/boarding passes for evidence of visits.
Write a letter detailing how you met, things you like to do together, the dynamics of the relationship etc.

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
Victorfoxtrot said:
Mine too - no mention that it has arrived in London, just the day it was received (Aug 30th) in Missisauga. I shall be watching your progress but in the meantime I am going to busy myself with Christmas and hopefully forget all about it!
hi again
my husband is in Qubec so i had to apply for the CSQ...
i just found out that the London CHC will not start processing the application until they receive the copy of the CSQ..
we phoned the CSQ office today and they said that i am approved and they have send the CSQ certificate to my husbands home address and they also send a copy to the CHC London office.

............I'll also try to keep my self busy.........

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Yes, only 3 sleeps now! Time is welcome to speed up until his arrival and then it can feel free to slow right down. :)

Ok, so I should cancel the medical appointment I booked for him? I guess if it is only good for a year, and we don't plan on submitting before February, it may become out of date. He can book in for his medical and get a police check in January sometime.

Thanks for the tip to pay the whole amount, Pinklady. Will do! And I like the letter detailing our relationship. We thought we'd also I
include letters of reference from friends who have known us for the duration of our relationship. For example, a friend of mine works for the Canadian Embassy in London (in IT, but still!) so we thought letters from responsible citizens or whatnot could only bolster our application.

I feel less stressed than I did yesterday and the day before. Thankfully! Will wait to stress out more until after we're married and have started the process of documenting our relationship and filling out paperwork.

Are there any other complete newbies to this process out there?

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Whoops, sorry about typos. Am tapping my posts out on my tiny BlackBerry keyboard while at a boring conference. :)

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
I need help !
Please feel free to post your suggestion. I will appreciate it
so.....
Me and my husband are living currently in England, However I am Colombian and I am under a student visa.
I finished my course for 1 year and my visa expires the 23 of September.
My husband and I applied for the permanent residence from here and now we are waiting for the decision. ecas says it is in process since the 29 of Nov that we received the sponsorship approval.
So.... based on the previous applicants I've noticed and particularly in London the process after the approval is taking aprox 25-30 days to the passport request. that means that In January we would get an answer.

I have 2 options.
1- Extend my visa for a few months which will cost me lots. but. I would be inside the country where I applied. ...d k
Or..
2- wait till the answer in January (or if I need an interview by jan I would be called by then) and the 23rd Go to my country with my husband and wait for the passport over there after inform them that I have moved back.
Is that possible.? after all ,If by then they ask for a passport means they would have made a decision already even if I am not inside of England anymore they would still have to let me know the answer.

I am confused. And I don't have much time..
We want to be in Canada and don't be worrying about visas and stuff... :( anymore
Thanks for take your time and answer.

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
....sigh....just stopping by again after checking emails and cic website....Im far too impatient...hope everyone is well!

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Hi everyone, I haven't checked in here in a while and hope everything is going well with everyone! Just wanted to tell a little story from yesterday haha. I went to the US with a friend to do some christmas shopping, and proudly had my passport ready to show my PR status on the way back into Canada. Well, we never even had to show our passports! lol! They just asked where we live and the value of the stuff we were bringing in and then directed us where to pay the duty. Went inside and paid and then we were on our way. Pretty ridiculous, but it gave me a little laugh.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
BBG83, before cancelling the medical appointment, find out the cost for it in England. I think you will find it is much cheaper to get it done over here. And yeah its valid for a year, i'd say its almost 100% you're processing will be completed by December 2012. I made a spreadsheet showing processing times for cases going through London, average is about 4 months total.
But again, its really up to you. get the police certificate in January though. I think that has to be less than 3 months old when you submit the application.
Letters from friends and family are good too.... every little helps!

Ooh also, fill out the forms together while he is in canada. There is one which both of you must sign. And take copies of all the forms and all the docs.... And when you do finally post it, send it recorded!

brighton_travel

Aug 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
pinklady said:
BBG83, before cancelling the medical appointment, find out the cost for it in England. I think you will find it is much cheaper to get it done over here.
we did the medical in London UK (around Oxford Street) - the total cost is around 350 GBP (medical & xray) per person.
Afterwards, I did verify the cost in Canada, it cost around $200-300 CAD - it is too late

www.yourexellenthealth.co.uk
Your Excellent Health,
1 Harley Street,
W1G 9QD

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
brighton_travel said:
we did the medical in London UK (around Oxford Street) - the total cost is around 350 GBP (medical & xray) per person.
Afterwards, I did verify the cost in Canada, it cost around $200-300 CAD - it is too late

www.yourexellenthealth.co.uk
Your Excellent Health,
1 Harley Street,
W1G 9QD
I was quoted just over 200GBP for medical in England near Liverpool (I don't think that included the Xray) and paid $200 total in downtown Toronto.

BBG83

Aug 15, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Passport Req..
Exempt
Pinklady,

First off, the average is only 4 months!? You win the award for best news EVER. :)

We were quoted $305.20 for getting the medical done here in Canada, and the quote we got from a DMP in Winchester was approximately £280. Definitely cheaper here.

Do you know if we receive the results or do they send them directly to visa office? I could just push his appointment back towards the beginning of January. But then he wouldn't be here to receive the results. By then I'd be his spouse, could I pick them up?

Just printed off the application guide and filed it into a binder. Trying to get myself organized so that we can work on it together ASAP. (2 more sleeps!)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Congrats to all with happy & good news!

(Me, still waitin' for my fbi document. *sigh*)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
BBG83 said:
Do you know if we receive the results or do they send them directly to visa office? I could just push his appointment back towards the beginning of January. But then he wouldn't be here to receive the results. By then I'd be his spouse, could I pick them up?
You don't pick up the results. When he leaves the medical exam, he will be given a form, forget what its called, appendix A maybe or C? But its green and will have his photo attached (he has to take pics to the exam). You include this in the application. Results go directly to the visa office and are matched up when they the receive the application.
Click the link below to see processing times from the last 18 months.

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hi Pindklady

I just want to ask you if you have any idea as to how long it takes to get ppr/result after I am done with the interview which is scheduled around late December or begining of January. I mean like avarage waiting time for ppr after interview.

Thanks

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
BBG83 said:
Pinklady,

We were quoted $305.20 for getting the medical done here in Canada, and the quote we got from a DMP in Winchester was approximately £280. Definitely cheaper here.
That seems very expensive even for Canada.....I take it this is just for one person? Whereabouts are you based? I got mine done in Toronto, and it cost $143 all in. It's definitely worth calling round several different ones as the price does vary. $143 was the cheapest I found, but others were quoting $180-$200.