+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
Hello everybody!!
We got our sponsorship approved yesterday (29th Nov) !!!!!!!!!!! We are extremely happy
now they transferred the rest of the docs to London.!! yay
It feels so close now!
Good luck everybody!!

nessa O199

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2011
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/Feb/2012
VISA ISSUED...
28/Feb/2012
LANDED..........
sometime april.. :)
we sent the documents the 20th of September and I think they received them the 21 ( cause I haven't been able to log in the ecas :/ )
and we got approved yesterday 29th

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
Is it just me or does it seem like PPRs come in waves? Just looking at the spreadsheet, it looks like several people get PPR every 10-14 days and no one hears in between that time.

Obviously we're looking at a relatively tiny sample set, but the trend has interested me. Anyone else noticed that?

(Don't mind me. Just slowly going crazy as we wait...)

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
Aperture said:
Is it just me or does it seem like PPRs come in waves? Just looking at the spreadsheet, it looks like several people get PPR every 10-14 days and no one hears in between that time.

Obviously we're looking at a relatively tiny sample set, but the trend has interested me. Anyone else noticed that?

(Don't mind me. Just slowly going crazy as we wait...)
I've noticed that too! I stop in every day hoping that someone has received some good news.. but most days are quiet.. until the wave comes and the forum is flooded with emoticons and exclamation points... then all is quiet again!

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
So, December 1st - no more PPRs for London, the new system starts today:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348.asp

I assume once the application is decided they simply mail you your COPR, so I'll be back to scanning the post on the doormat rather than looking for PPR in my inbox.

Got an email from the VO yesterday confirming receipt of my police certificate, so surely now that is the final box to tick and they can close off the file. It's been far too long.

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
chrischris said:
So, December 1st - no more PPRs for London, the new system starts today:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348.asp

I assume once the application is decided they simply mail you your COPR, so I'll be back to scanning the post on the doormat rather than looking for PPR in my inbox.

Got an email from the VO yesterday confirming receipt of my police certificate, so surely now that is the final box to tick and they can close off the file. It's been far too long.
Actually, there might still be PPRs. I called CIC to ask what this bulletin meant and even they weren't sure if we'd still be required to send in our passports. They advised me to ask the London visa office directly . . . which we all know is an exercise in futility.

I'll be very curious to hear what happens from the first person who hears from the VO now (selfishly: please let it be me!).

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
*scrunches up face*
strides in with TOOD!!!

ok well my additional docs requested are all safe (heh) in the hands of london lalala
so now i just need a nice little e-mail offering me and my dahlink rugrats shiny little visas :)

chris!CHRIS! ha can't believe you're still hanging around these parts, surely you must be next
and then ME
so anyone else waiting, join the queue!! heh heh

in other news, the first slight sprinkling of snowwwww here but it didn't last

ok, i've read about this new ppr (re chrischris' link) but i am all confused...
what does this mean?
why might i not have to send my passport?
does it mean i just present at the border and land instead and they do it there?

this would save me so much stress, though 2 of my children are still in uk so not sure how it affects them?
anyone clear the mud up for me please?

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
mittens said:
*scrunches up face*
strides in with TOOD!!!

ok well my additional docs requested are all safe (heh) in the hands of london lalala
so now i just need a nice little e-mail offering me and my dahlink rugrats shiny little visas :)

chris!CHRIS! ha can't believe you're still hanging around these parts, surely you must be next
and then ME
so anyone else waiting, join the queue!! heh heh

in other news, the first slight sprinkling of snowwwww here but it didn't last

ok, i've read about this new ppr (re chrischris' link) but i am all confused...
what does this mean?
why might i not have to send my passport?
does it mean i just present at the border and land instead and they do it there?

this would save me so much stress, though 2 of my children are still in uk so not sure how it affects them?
anyone clear the mud up for me please?
Hi mittens, can ask what additional documents London has asked you for?

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
Evening all, what is the usual turn around for passport returns for people already in Canada? Are we looking at 6 weeks or can they get them out faster? Having said that we are already nearly 4 weeks in, can't be much longer.

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Shaun70 said:
Evening all, what is the usual turn around for passport returns for people already in Canada? Are we looking at 6 weeks or can they get them out faster? Having said that we are already nearly 4 weeks in, can't be much longer.
I'm three weeks in and really hoping to get it back before the Xmas backlog starts! I need to be landing before the year is up on my medicals January 16th. I'm keeping my eye on your posts then Shaun! :)

ghausia50

Star Member
May 26, 2009
Hi Pindlady thanks a lot for your support.... My hubby did well at the interview and the officer told him he should receive his PPR this week so hopefully :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
ghausia50 said:
Hi Pindlady thanks a lot for your support.... My hubby did well at the interview and the officer told him he should receive his PPR this week so hopefully :)
Oh thats great news!! I'm really pleased for you.
Lets hope you do get the PPR this week then you can start to relax.
Congratulations!

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Hi there people! Got an email from London V.O that my passport has been posted back to me today, so should get it back next week! oh what relief... Posted it out on the 12th November, arrived 17th November... So it has taken 2weeks for them to issue the visa. For shaun70 I think you should expect your passport back in another week since youre in Canada... Im in Dublin...

Cheers to all still waiting, it will all come together in the end...

P.s. I emailed london on Monday to ask them if they recieved my passport, and they replied a few days later to say my passport has been sent to me.. this is a tip to anyone interested, email them and they might reply ou when your passport is returned!

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Is the passport posted back recorded delivery? I got a parcel notice in the mail box yesterday and the only thing I'm expecting atm is my passport so hopefully this is it!!