+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
British_Bulldog said:
We haven't had PPR yet and we're just hoping we hear soon because he doesn't want to be rushing, last minute, to sell up back in the UK. Are London usually on the ball?
I think you will be hearing from London with regards to the PPR within 6 weeks. Your husband will have until March to land, but he can land and then leave again immediately if things aren't tied up in England.
You could try sending a case specific enquiry to London? This way they will have your email address on file and almost guarantees the PPR will come via email saving time.
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london
Also, your husband can drop off the passport in person and collect it 2 weeks later from London. By mail it takes 3-4 weeks.
Don't rely too much on ecas either. Mine wasn't updated at all until I got the PPR.
Good luck!

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
CAIPS I believe stands for Computer Aided Immigration Processing System, although I'm not certain. The request for your notes is made under Canada's Access to Information Act - the equivalent of a request for electronic info held about you under the UK's Data Protection Act. It's a printout of everything on your electronic case file. I filled out, scanned and emailed my wife my authorisation form to release data about me, and she did the rest. It costs $5 and took 30 days for them to action.

I only lived in Canada for a year, and that was nearly a decade ago. Anna, you should probably expect to be checked and add at least two months onto the typical 70-odd day processing time that most people experience, and consider it a bonus if you're not "RCMP'd" (if that's a verb!) and it comes through more quickly.

AnnaMcG said:
What are the CAIPS notes and how do you access them? Is that part of the CIC check application website?

Also Chrichris, how long did you live in Canada for? I was only there a year but it would suck if they do slow the whole thing down to do background checks for me in Canada!

Hope everyone is well on here, congrats to all hearing good news!

Y

yameen

As a sponser can i request caips note ? And what is the requester reference number? Is there a form for consent or just write down one?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Great news!!!

Are you using the sponsors details to log in? Try sponsor details and receipt number.

Congratulations!

Janham

Nov 15, 2011
Hi Pinklady

Please can you add me to the sponsorship spreadsheet,

Thanks

Janham

App sent 19/9/11 - rec'd Miss 26/9/11

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
landing in a few hours, once my gf gets back from work! writing up my list of goods now, really hate this step of the process for some reason haha! i thought it was all over once i got the passport back!! :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
alasken said:
landing in a few hours, once my gf gets back from work! writing up my list of goods now, really hate this step of the process for some reason haha! i thought it was all over once i got the passport back!! :D
It'll all be over very soon!!! Congratulations!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Janham said:
Hi Pinklady

Please can you add me to the sponsorship spreadsheet,

Thanks

Janham

App sent 19/9/11 - rec'd Miss 26/9/11

Added!

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
pinklady said:
It'll all be over very soon!!! Congratulations!
Thank you, thank you! Quite the luxury problem to worry about the list of goods :p We were originally planning on having a dinner in the US before landing, but I'm too nervous and just want to finish this process asap now so we are just crossing the border, turning around and then going back to Canada for dinner :D :D :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Sounds good! How far is the drive to the border?

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
alasken said:
Thank you, thank you! Quite the luxury problem to worry about the list of goods :p We were originally planning on having a dinner in the US before landing, but I'm too nervous and just want to finish this process asap now so we are just crossing the border, turning around and then going back to Canada for dinner :D :D :D
lol we thought that too but decided on just going there and getting done what we needed and heading back, have a great flagpole!!! And welcome to Canada!!!! Hahaha

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
pinklady said:
Sounds good! How far is the drive to the border?
About 10 minutes haha! I can see the US from my bedroom window..that's not a good thing though!!

Landed earlier this evening. The US customs guys were complete a-holes like expected, but the Canadian officer was nice. There was no one else there, so it was even faster to get my PR stuff done on the Canadian side than it was to get into the US. Feels amazing for this process to be over! Thanks everyone for all the help and for being in the same boat as I haha! It really makes it a lot easier!

dcooper

Nov 14, 2011
pinklady said:
*snip*
Don't rely too much on ecas either. Mine wasn't updated at all until I got the PPR.
Good luck!
If eCAS is not all that frequently updated - what would you recommend as a way of checking the status (other than patience!).

Also, if anyone can shed any light on the following, that'd be great!

- We had sponsorship approval in late September and although eCAS for my (im the applicant, my fiance is the sponsor) says Application Received - Medical records received, we've still no file number. I'm guessing that basically, at some point we should be officially notified that the file is in London (although I assume it already is?) at that point, we'll get a file number for it being in the UK?

- My fiance and I also have some very significant additional information, that we think would be very positive to the application, to be added to our application - how should we add this information when we have no file number?

Thanks for your help

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
We never recieved any official notification that the file was in London - all we got was eCas saying our application had been received by London, but this info does not contain a file number. For routine updates (changes of address, etc.) there's an online form you can submit. For other stuff, write a letter to the London VO and make sure you put your full information clearly right at the beginning of the letter: names, dates of birth, nationalities, application type, date sponsorship was approved and the fees receipt number. That should ensure it gets to the right place and married up with the file. And make sure you retain copies of everything you send them in case you have to send it again!

If you're worried about anything, the fail-safe way of getting your status is to request your CAIPS notes, which costs $5 and takes up to 30 days. Those should show up whether additional info has been received and appended to your file. This will also contain your file number.

dcooper said:
If eCAS is not all that frequently updated - what would you recommend as a way of checking the status (other than patience!).

Also, if anyone can shed any light on the following, that'd be great!

- We had sponsorship approval in late September and although eCAS for my (im the applicant, my fiance is the sponsor) says Application Received - Medical records received, we've still no file number. I'm guessing that basically, at some point we should be officially notified that the file is in London (although I assume it already is?) at that point, we'll get a file number for it being in the UK?

- My fiance and I also have some very significant additional information, that we think would be very positive to the application, to be added to our application - how should we add this information when we have no file number?

Thanks for your help