+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
pinklady said:
OMG!!!!!!!!! AMAZING NEWS!!! SO PLEASED FOR YOU!!!
:) :) :) :)
It took London exactly the same amount of time to process both our applications, 41 days!! The fastest on the spreadsheet!
Congrats!
Thank you, yeah, I still cant believe it, nice xmas prezzie woot! :-*

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
anyone has any idea about what factors affecting processing time, is background check is the main factor? does country of nationality play a role in slowingthe process?? any idea from senior members will be much appreciated

Y

yameen

If ur not national of uk it delays the processing.since basically they have to do security check frm country of origin blah blah until they are convinced ur ok and then they delay some more with unnecessary document requests depending on which country ur national of :)

CJM

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-04-2011
My partner received her PPR by email today 11th of November. The Sponsorship was approved on the 4th of October so it was very quick once it got to London. We are common law partners. (our package was returned back in June so thankfully it went smoothly when returned to Mississauga)

Does the sponsored person need to bring the passport personally to the London Commission to collect it two weeks later or can someone else bring the passport for them and meet the official. I know it says that someone else can pick it up once they have the receipt but there is nothing said about personally bringing it to London.

If anyone has experience of this your comments would be appreciated. We are leaving for a trip at the start of December so posting the passport is not an option.

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
congratulations to eswiz et al!!!!

daisies!! shame on you, was it my beard that made you think i was a man?
actually you're not the first one to think that,i think it's because i have a wife it confuses some of you
but my wife also has awife...me!! :)

anyways, warning to all....we saw our first snow of the season yesterday and if i decide to throw another tantrum it'll be snowballs i'm chucking next time!!!

enjoy your weekend all you loverly lot and positive vibes , kind words and blank cheques for me in my predicament would be muchly appreciated, i thank you all ;D

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
We had our first snow dusting in the night :(
Did well to make it this long without any I guess!!

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
It's snowing for us too but that's been going on for awhile :)
Congrats to all the pprs this week!! Happy long weekend!

bealily

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012
chrischris said:
I lived in Canada on a working holiday visa, and whilst they haven't asked me for an RCMP certificate the "routine background checks" that they're apparently conducting are taking forever. Whilst I don't know for certain, I think there's a good chance that my previous residency in Canada is responsible for the delay. We will get our CAIPS notes emailed through on monday, so that should shed some light on it.

Good luck.
Chrischris - I hope your background check gets done quickly, think you have waited long enough. It will be interesting for you to see what the CAIPS notes say. I hope not everyone that has ever lived in Canada is going to get delayed!

I was thinking about the unlucky people that get a hit on their name because of some else, and on the positive site my name is very rare, don´t think there is anyone in the world with my combination of first and last name!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
mittens said:
congratulations to eswiz et al!!!!

daisies!! shame on you, was it my beard that made you think i was a man?
actually you're not the first one to think that,i think it's because i have a wife it confuses some of you
but my wife also has awife...me!! :)

anyways, warning to all....we saw our first snow of the season yesterday and if i decide to throw another tantrum it'll be snowballs i'm chucking next time!!!

enjoy your weekend all you loverly lot and positive vibes , kind words and blank cheques for me in my predicament would be muchly appreciated, i thank you all ;D
LOL definitely the beard!! ;)

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Considering landing today, but I am a little unsure about writing a list of goods. I have all my stuff in Canada already, so I wasn't planning on writing up anything. However, I just started wondering if that's something I have to do either way? For example, I have an expensive watch that I bought abroad...can I be forced to pay duty on it when re-entering Canada in the future if I don't mention it during the landing? I already have it here in Canada..basically I am wondering if I should write down all the stuff I have in Canada that I might take out of the country at some point? Does it make a difference if I purchased some of the stuff in Canada?

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
When I landed I wrote items on the b4 form that I brought with me for the same reason, expensive watch, engagement ring, other jewellery - the customs officer wasn't that bothered and just sta,led the sheet, suppose its worth doing it just in case they ask in the future :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bealily said:
Chrischris - I hope your background check gets done quickly, think you have waited long enough. It will be interesting for you to see what the CAIPS notes say. I hope not everyone that has ever lived in Canada is going to get delayed!

What are the CAIPS notes? when can they be accessed and how? (yes I know its faaaaar too early for me to hear anything but I just cant help it!!) I lived in Canada for a year - do you think they run police checks on everyone that stayed in canada, even for just a year? surely that must be a very large percentage of applicants!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
alasken said:
Considering landing today, but I am a little unsure about writing a list of goods. I have all my stuff in Canada already, so I wasn't planning on writing up anything. However, I just started wondering if that's something I have to do either way? For example, I have an expensive watch that I bought abroad...can I be forced to pay duty on it when re-entering Canada in the future if I don't mention it during the landing? I already have it here in Canada..basically I am wondering if I should write down all the stuff I have in Canada that I might take out of the country at some point? Does it make a difference if I purchased some of the stuff in Canada?
I didnt fill in any of the forms when I landed, all my stuff was already in canada. Have entered Canada twice since then and not had any questions.