+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
This is so frustrating that London vo has nevery updated our application since they got it except ''Medical results being recieved''. which was like one month ago. Do you guys think this is a common issue for everyone or does it happen to certain people like me?

Thanks

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yasiin said:
This is so frustrating that London vo has nevery updated our application since they got it except ''Medical results being recieved''. which was like one month ago. Do you guys think this is a common issue for everyone or does it happen to certain people like me?

Thanks
from what Ive read from everyone on here its very common! It seems to me it is all just dependent on which officer deals with your application, some get updated and kept in the loop and others hear nothing until the end! That's what Im bracing myself for.... :'(

Brian Vantana

Nov 6, 2011
Hello all,

I have been reading through this thread and it supplies alot of good information and raises a number of questions I hope one of you experienced people could answer.

I am currently in Quebec on my working holiday visa (organised via BUNAC) which is due to expire in January. I am currently looking into if I will be able to get another similar visa but the new ones for 2012 have not been issued yet and it appears my visa will expire before I could get another.

We are considering which is my best option for applying for residency and a working permit in the mean time. So my questions:

What are the current OUTLAND processing times people are experiencing? I can see that many people have had everything completed within 6 months!!

If I was to apply for an outland, how would I be affected? Would I have to return to the UK for a medical? If so and we send my application in over the next couple of weeks, would I be able to fit a medical into our xmas plans whilst we are back in the UK between the 17th Dec and 6th Jan? Can you request a medical date or are you just given one?

As I am in Canada and intend to return just prior to my visa expiring, will they let me in at border control? Will I be entered on a 3 month visitor visa? Will I have any other issues?

Is applying via the INLAND method a better idea as I will actually be here for medicals etc? Or is the processing time just ridiculously too long?

We don't envisage any requirement for an interview as we have been together for a few years and are now common law partners as we have been living together for over and year and have a mortgage, joint accounts, bills etc etc.

I have been trying to call CIC for clarification but have been unable to get through.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Yasiin said:

Thanks
Hi Yasiin,

If it makes you feel any better, my ecas hasn't even been updated with 'medical results received', so I'm worse than you! All they put is that the sponsor application was approved and the date when CIC-M got my file, and even that took 2 weeks to show up! I'm not concerned about it at all - someone who recently got their visa got no updates at all either, which made me feel a lot better. I've stopped logging on to ecas - it's just frustrating.

You are most definitely not alone. Keep your chin up!

Y

yameen

Mine wasnt updated either. Not even medical results received.so we sent an emal asking if they have received our app.i dont know if thats what did it but within a week it got updated to app received ,medical results received and then some time after in process. :D
And it got stuck there.hopefully ppr next and soon. :'(

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
My wife just phoned to tell me that she received her passport back few minutes ago! Woohoo! Now she just have to leave Canada and "land."

Thank god the passport got back in time since she is scheduled to go back to Denmark in 2 weeks. :)

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
From the time you receive the passport from London, does anyone know if there is a certain time you need to arrive in Canada by?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
The visa is valid for 12 months from the date of your medical

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi Brian Vantana.
I would definitely advise you not to go down the Inland route. You can do the outland process entirely from Canada. Medicals can be done in canada too, thats not a problem, as long as its done by a DMP. Take a look at my spreadsheet, it shows processings times are often much faster than the 8 months shown on the website. Currently you're looking at about 70 days for stage one and around 60-90 days for stage two.

If you send it off in the next few weeks, then return to the UK for Christmas you'll be doing exactly what I did (except I was only here as a visitor). I did my medical here in Canada. When I returned in January it was pretty easy, said I was visiting husband etc and was given a new stamp in the passport for 6 months (thats standard). When you do come back, you should bring proof of your PR application in the form of a copy of the receipt. (Another tip, pay the full amount $1040 up front to avoid delays later on).

Hope thats helps you out, any more questions, just ask!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
bealily said:
Hi pinklady, can you add me to the spreadsheet please.

We sent in the application on July 29, it was received on August 4 and my boyfriend was approved as a sponsor on October 11.
I don´t think we have gotten any AOR and my status still is "application received".

We are in a common-law relationship, lived together for 3 years and have one son.

Hope this goes fast for us and all of you :)
Added :)

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
One quick question... for landing can we just go down to the states, get some gas, then drive back to Canadian border?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Tawcan said:
One quick question... for landing can we just go down to the states, get some gas, then drive back to Canadian border?
Yup - but I would tell the US border patrol that you're going shopping, not just to get gas :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!! I had my passport request today through email, woot!!!!!! Finaly its over and I can breath again, thank you everyone that has supported me and has listened to my every moan and joke, I hoping it all comes together for everyone else soon.
Love ya all Mandy ;D ;D ;D

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandyUK said:
I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!! I had my passport request today through email, woot!!!!!! Finaly its over and I can breath again, thank you everyone that has supported me and has listened to my every moan and joke, I hoping it all comes together for everyone else soon.
Love ya all Mandy ;D ;D ;D
congrats send that off asap so u can flagpole since u are already in Canada and then return home and tie up loose ends should u need to

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Tawcan said:
My wife just phoned to tell me that she received her passport back few minutes ago! Woohoo! Now she just have to leave Canada and "land."

Thank god the passport got back in time since she is scheduled to go back to Denmark in 2 weeks. :)
Aww. congratulations! No sign of mine yet.

Maybe tomorrow. I get excited every time I see a mail van pull up at the moment.