+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
TGR said:
Hey guys, I had a quick question I was wondering someone could help me with: My husband needs to get 2 photos taken (to Canadian visa specs) to submit with his passport. Anyone know where can he go in London to get it done for relatively cheap?
Is there a Jessops nearby?? They did my fiance's

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Someone from the July thread just got ppr from London! Application received at missisauga July 5th, He's not on our spreadsheet though!

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,

We just got a letter requesting my passport which is awesome. I have a few questiosn though:

1) They say they need teh passport within 45 days but I am actually flying away with work mid november fro a week and I am also flying home for x-mas, do you think I could just send my passport 2nd January or should it go straight away.

2) Also we need to enetr Canada on or before April 11th 2012, Do we need to stay there once we enter opr can we fly in for the weekend, we currently live in BERMUDA and had planned on leaving April 30th.

Thanks in advance,

Alanmaura

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
Congratulations Alanmaura! It's good to see London making it's way in to July applications, hopefully I'm getting close too! Can't answer your questions though I'm afraid, I'm sure someone else will be along soon though! :D

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks Jen B... we were just having lunch and the email came through on my blackberry, it's a great way to start the weekend!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Alanmaura said:
Hi Everyone,

We just got a letter requesting my passport which is awesome. I have a few questiosn though:

1) They say they need teh passport within 45 days but I am actually flying away with work mid november fro a week and I am also flying home for x-mas, do you think I could just send my passport 2nd January or should it go straight away.

2) Also we need to enetr Canada on or before April 11th 2012, Do we need to stay there once we enter opr can we fly in for the weekend, we currently live in BERMUDA and had planned on leaving April 30th.

Thanks in advance,

Alanmaura
Hi Alan,

In answer to Qu 1, I don’t know. It says to send within 45 days, but I see your problem.
If I was you, I would send a CSE to London immediately. Failing that, I would cancel my business trip and send the passport.

Qu2, yes you can fly in for the weekend, and land, then leave again. But you must be able to provide a Canadian address when you land, as that is where they send the PR card to. If you are form a visa exempt country (are you English?) then you should be ok reentering with just passport and COPR and no PR card, but if you’re not from visa exempt country then you’ll need to obtain a travel document to reenter Canada.

And congrats on the PPR!!!

Alanmaura

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks Pinklady, I'm from Ireland so I don't need a visa to enter Ireland.

Great I will get onto London ASAP regarding the passport.

This is exciting

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Tecumseh said:
Just got back from collecting my passport in London ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations!!
Now just the landing and then the whole thing is over, yey!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
TGR said:
Pinklady, my husband will be landing in Toronto hopefully around early to mid February. We're having a religious wedding ceremony in Ireland in December just before New Years, so I do get to see him for a week between now and February- it's not the greatest, but I'm grateful that I don't have to wait until Feb to see him.
Well congratulations! And its good that you will get to see him in December. Then you'll be able to count the sleeps until you're together permanently, yey!!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
simdlee said:
Question to those that might know...can I assume that if we got PPR that our application is approved? - even though eCas still says in process? I mean can they really decline us now?
Hey, I know its easy to still have doubts and worries, but..... they would not request your passport unless they were ready to issue the visa! You're almost there!! :)

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
*sigh* all these people with sponsorship approval on sept 6th geting ppr and nothing for me, knew this would happen! Lol oh well, I still have till Jan 19th before the meds run out and I get kicked out of Canada cos my work permits done, it's still do-able! ;D

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
congrats alanmaura, when did you apply?

simdlee, how did you receive your PPR? snail mail, e-mail etc?

ok, well i have received an automated response to my email query so at least i know thye have the correct e-mail addy!
just wait and see if/when they finally get around to updating my address and hope to every higher being known to man that they haven't sent PPR to old address *big dramatic sigh*

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
I've got all my fingers and my toes crossed for you mittens! You've got to hear something soon!