+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Tawcan

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-6-2011
AOR Received.
28-7-2011
Passport Req..
14-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
How long did it take you to get your passport back magpie29?

London updated eCAS today... they now started processing on Oct 4th instead of Aug. The day after (Oct 5th) we received the request for permanent resident receipt which we sent via email and heard that was sufficient. Haven't heard a word since. :(

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
I with you mittens and chrischris. My application went in a few days before you chrischris and Ecas has been showing 'decision made' since 26th August! That is now seven weeks ago (I'm not counting ;D) How hard is it to email me or send a letter?

When we applied for proof of Canadian citizenship for our daughter, London sat on a confirmation letter from Canada for three months.

*repeating to myself* "it won't be long now ... it won't be long now ...it won't be long now ..."

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
johnpollard said:
I with you mittens and chrischris. My application went in a few days before you chrischris and Ecas has been showing 'decision made' since 26th August! That is now seven weeks ago (I'm not counting ;D) How hard is it to email me or send a letter?

When we applied for proof of Canadian citizenship for our daughter, London sat on a confirmation letter from Canada for three months.

*repeating to myself* "it won't be long now ... it won't be long now ...it won't be long now ..."
Contact them and ask whats going on. Email.... re-london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

or use the online webform

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Tawcan said:
How long did it take you to get your passport back magpie29?

London updated eCAS today... they now started processing on Oct 4th instead of Aug. The day after (Oct 5th) we received the request for permanent resident receipt which we sent via email and heard that was sufficient. Haven't heard a word since. :(
Tawcan - Just so you know - my ecas changed to say they started processing on Oct 7th - it previously said August 11th - and I got my PPR on 7th Oct...so I don't think the new date is anything to worry about too much. Hopefully they will contact you re-PPR soon, now that you have sent them the receipt.

chrischris, mittens, johnpollard - hope you all hear soon too... keeping my fingers crossed for you all! 8) ???

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
Thanks pinklady,

we were worried about contacting them as we had seen elsewhere that doing so can actually delay the process. But a little while ago we did via the web-form, but have not had a response or even a confirmation of the enquiry.

What seems odd is the according to Ecas it took less than a day for London to process, so why the delay in sending PPR?

It appears there is little else on this earth more mysterious than this PR application process! :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
No, I don't think sending an enquiry delays things at all. I also think that using the webform pretty much ensures you'll get the PPR via email.
Its so hard just waiting!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
pinklady said:
No, I don't think sending an enquiry delays things at all. I also think that using the webform pretty much ensures you'll get the PPR via email.
Its so hard just waiting!
I think you're right...they probably just say it will delay cuz they don't want people emailing them.

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
we got today our first ecas updated since we received sposnorship approval on 29th August, update says medicals have been received , does this mean that London VO has got the file or started processing it? any advice from London applicants??

Cheers

tbories

Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
09-11-2010
Passport Req..
08-18-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2011
LANDED..........
10-14-2011
Its been a while since I came online.. update below.
We got our PPR in August, submitted passport in person and picked up visa 2 weeks after.
We are landing at pearson tomorrow :)
Will be back with more details.
Thanks for the support and info through our journey.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Good luck!
Hope all goes well :)

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
My wife and I mailed our applications on October 1st, and they were succesfully delivered on October 4th, so the waiting game has started.
At the same time, I applied to have my visitor status extended, so that I can stay in Canada, while my pr application is processed in London.
I was supposed to leave Canada on October 25th, but my application for visitor extension is already in....anyone know if I have to do anything else, or am I automatically on implied status, and therefor just allowed to stay, without any further action from my side ?
Don't want to mess things up by staying illegally. I haven't heard anything regarding my visitor extension.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dancanman said:
My wife and I mailed our applications on October 1st, and they were succesfully delivered on October 4th, so the waiting game has started.
At the same time, I applied to have my visitor status extended, so that I can stay in Canada, while my pr application is processed in London.
I was supposed to leave Canada on October 25th, but my application for visitor extension is already in....anyone know if I have to do anything else, or am I automatically on implied status, and therefor just allowed to stay, without any further action from my side ?
Don't want to mess things up by staying illegally. I haven't heard anything regarding my visitor extension.
Hey you are no longer part of the September group :( but glad u sent it off ;D

you are under implied status so sit tight

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
Kedeisha said:
Hey you are no longer part of the September group :( but glad u sent it off ;D

you are under implied status so sit tight
Thanks Kedeisha.
You know how it is, gathering all the needed documents, and I had a translation of documents take a little longer than expected, so everything was delayed a couple of weeks.
But we're rolling now ;)

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
pinklady said:
You're welcome. The only thing is he won't be allowed to 'live' here until he gets the PR. He can 'visit'. Will you be shipping all your belongings over to canada from Singapore when you come in january? It could cause soem issues, but as long as you are there as the canadian and you are bringing your belongings in that should be ok. Your husband just wont be allowed to move to canada, so won't be allowed to ship his items over. But like I said, if you're there is might not be too much of an issue.
Things will hopefully work out for you. At least you have some savings and he'll get a package from work. Things might be a little tight for a couple of months but it sounds like you'll have enough to go on until your husband can work.
Just get the application submitted :)
Good luck!
Hi again pinklady :) Everything is up in the air at the moment, we don't know if he'll be coming in Dec. with me and the kids, or if he'll have to wrap things up for a bit longer with the company. If we're going together in Dec. we were thinking to ship everything, including the cats. The furniture and belongings wouldn't arrive in Canada for over a month, so I'm not sure it would be an issue at the airport when we arrive in Dec. Would it? I certainly hope that when the container arrives later they wouldn't go through the belongings to see if my husband's stuff is there or not! The cats would be with us on the flights, and that would take some explaining. Anyhow, if it solves problems, we can always book hubby tickets to Finland so he can spend time with his parents as well.

I miscarried last Friday, so no more baby in the picture. :(

We will likely mail the papers to Mississauga on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
I miscarried last Friday, so no more baby in the picture. :(

We will likely mail the papers to Mississauga on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage! :(