+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Tawcan said:
Congrats
What exactly do they tell you when they ask for your passport? Do you have to ship it within a certain amount of days and do they say how long it will take for you to get it back again?
I have 45 days to ship them. There is a whole load of instructions on where to send them or how to drop them in person. Also I have a form to fill in with the names of everyone who's passports I am sending, passport numbers, height and eye colour.

It doesn't say how long it will take to get them back.

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
Congratulations Eswiz and MDSB!! ;D ;D

Just out of interest did you get notification via email or post? And had you said they could contact you via email?

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
Thanks for all the congrats...
:)

Tawcan - It says you should expect to be without your passport(s) for six weeks, so do not arrange any travel that will require your
passport(s) during this period.

johnpollard - I got my notification via email. I provided my email address on the application form... (for my sponsorship approval I received a letter - so there doesn't seem to be much consistency)

simdlee

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
Barrie, ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
File Transfer...
04-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
30-11-2011
Eswiz said:
I got my passport request this morning!!!!

I'm so relieved and excited!!! 8)

I've been dancing around the apartment telling my partner that he's stuck with me now. ;D

They want more photos though! I've sent so many damn photos. What are they doing with them all?
Congratulations! Thats great news!!

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
Congratulations Eswiz and MDSB - you guys must be THRILLED! What a fabulous start to your weekend - and it's Thanksgiving in Canada no less! Now you've got a new thing to be thankful for!

I have an ecas question for everyone: how long did it take for you to be able to log in? My sponsor was approved on 28th Sept and the letter arrived the Monday after. I've tried logging in with both my boyfriend's UCI and my own client ID, but both come up as unrecognised. Just wondering how I'm supposed to know that my file has arrived in London? (I'm sure this question has been asked/answered many times before, but any help would be greatly appreciated!)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everybody! xxX

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Maid_Marian said:
Congratulations Eswiz and MDSB - you guys must be THRILLED! What a fabulous start to your weekend - and it's Thanksgiving in Canada no less! Now you've got a new thing to be thankful for!

I have an ecas question for everyone: how long did it take for you to be able to log in? My sponsor was approved on 28th Sept and the letter arrived the Monday after. I've tried logging in with both my boyfriend's UCI and my own client ID, but both come up as unrecognised. Just wondering how I'm supposed to know that my file has arrived in London? (I'm sure this question has been asked/answered many times before, but any help would be greatly appreciated!)

Took about 2 weeks after we got sponsor approval letter until we could log on to ecas. We still cannot log on with applicant's info, only sponsor's. (Got the letter in Aug.)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Maid_Marian said:

I could log in about 2 days after getting sponsorship approval, (27th September) Im using the file number and applicants details. my address appeared on mine about 3 days after approval, not sure when it will show its in london though. :)

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Two PPRs at once - London are rolling again! Well done guys, let's keep 'em coming....

Colleen38

Oct 10, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2012
Hi everyone. I am just looking to start this process but I think I'm a bit different than others, so hopefully some of you can help! I'm Canadian and married to a Brit who I'll be sponsoring to Canada under spousal. We have 2 kids - my eldest was born in Canada so has her Canadian passport. My youngest was born here in the UK and had a UK passport, I've since applied for citizenship for her, and she now has the Canadian passport as well.

I will be flying back in June 2012 (tickets already booked!). My husband will be bringing the girls over in August once they've finished school. He then has to return to the UK (He's in the army) until February 2013 when he is done his 24 years and retires.

We are planning to start the process for him now, as we weren't sure how long it would take, then if it is actually done in time he can "land" in August when he brings the girls over. My question is, do we need to refer to the girls on any application form, as far as I can tell they both have their Canadian passports so don't need to do anything? Or am I wrong in my assumptions? I know I need to complete a form as a resident returning to Canada and advise them I am taking up residence again. Do I refer to my kids following?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Colleen38 said:
Hi everyone. I am just looking to start this process but I think I'm a bit different than others, so hopefully some of you can help! I'm Canadian and married to a Brit who I'll be sponsoring to Canada under spousal. We have 2 kids - my eldest was born in Canada so has her Canadian passport. My youngest was born here in the UK and had a UK passport, I've since applied for citizenship for her, and she now has the Canadian passport as well.

I will be flying back in June 2012 (tickets already booked!). My husband will be bringing the girls over in August once they've finished school. He then has to return to the UK (He's in the army) until February 2013 when he is done his 24 years and retires.

We are planning to start the process for him now, as we weren't sure how long it would take, then if it is actually done in time he can "land" in August when he brings the girls over. My question is, do we need to refer to the girls on any application form, as far as I can tell they both have their Canadian passports so don't need to do anything? Or am I wrong in my assumptions? I know I need to complete a form as a resident returning to Canada and advise them I am taking up residence again. Do I refer to my kids following?

Hi Colleen and good luck with the application forms! We are in a similar situation, my spouse is Canadian but I am not, we have a child born outside of Canada but who is a Canadian citizen and has a valid Canadian passport. In all the forms where they asked about my child(ren) I gave them my child's info but also put a small post-it next to it saying: "Note: this child is a Canadian citizen". On one of the forms (I dont remember which one) there was also space to write more so I explained the situation and again noted that our child was born outside of Canada but is still a Canadian citizen. They'll have to be blind to miss all my post-its. I did not have any medicals done for my child as they aren't needed for canadians. Also, on the envelope in which I put my child's photos (I put all our photos in separate envelopes) I again wrote that the child is a Canadian citizen and that she is the daughter of both the sponsor and the immigrant (applicant). I also attached copies of my child's Canadian passport and citizenship card.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Colleen38 said:

Oh, and once we land my husband will go through the passport control with our daughter and he will ask them how we are to "register" our daughter having now moved to Canada..I can't find any info on how to do that online, but I am guessing I'll have to go to Service Canada and fill out some forms.

magpie29

Jun 4, 2011
London is continuing to roll ... my husband received his passport request via email today! :)

chrischris said:
Two PPRs at once - London are rolling again! Well done guys, let's keep 'em coming....

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
magpie29 said:
London is continuing to roll ... my husband received his passport request via email today! :)
Congratulations Magpie29, nice one! ;D ;D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
magpie29 said:
Yey! Congratulations!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Colleen38 said:

I sent a copy of my boy's passport and citizenship cards with the application but that was it.
When my fiancé went into the immigration office in Edmonton the boys stayed with me outside.

@ Daisies :- When we registered for Alberta Health the boys got their own numbers and we have now been able to register them with a doctor/dentist etc with no problems. I know I was a bit vague last time we talked about it so now I know for sure that it's ok!!!