+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Brit_Immigrant said:
I hope so too. Unfortunately I submitted my application exactly 12 months before you!!
Congratulations Brit! What made your application to take so long time? Mine went to "In Process" in August and then they asked me for an extra document.
And recently they said it will take up to 4 month to review document and make a decision! (My application sent to London January 2014)
Beside this I am non visa-exempt which makes the security check longer.

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Hi all,
Just received an e-mail from London immigration Office
We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to proceed with this application, we require the following items

RPRF: please arrange for this fee to be paid in Canada.
Two passport photos (to be sent in via mail).
A fully completed Schedule A form – please complete and return the form below. We require full information from aged 18 to date.
plus proof of cohabitation in the last 12 months.

Is this what I have being waiting for?(decision made). It mentions to pay RPRF in Canada I am living in Dublin at the moment, there was no mention of passport request.
I'm not to sure what these means if they are looking for more information or if its to do with decision made?? ::)

olliekav

Feb 4, 2014
I've had decision made since the 28th September but we have received nothing in the post yet which is odd. We are currently in Canada so the postal address is here, not sure if that has any effect on it. I've submitted a case specific enquiry to try and find out what is going on.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
keego_1 said:
Hi all,
We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

A fully completed Schedule A form – please complete and return the form below. We require full information from aged 18 to date.

Is this what I have being waiting for?(decision made). It mentions to pay RPRF in Canada I am living in Dublin at the moment, there was no mention of passport request.
I'm not to sure what these means if they are looking for more information or if its to do with decision made?? ::)
I was asked to pay the fee in April. Got DM in September. It could mean months left or weeks left. Hard to tell.
But regarding paying the fee in Canada is only if you pay at like a western union. You can use your Dublin credit card to pay.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
keego_1 said:
generally, the visa office can officially make a decision until the RPRF is paid, so the fact they are asking for it is a good thing! You should be able to pay the fee online with a credit card from anywhere.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
A bunch of updates! Responding to everyone in one post...

ulsterman82 said:
Thanks! Most appreciated! You just missed putting in my 'in process' date as being the 22 Oct. It seems pretty weird that this has gone in process pretty quickly considering how slow it has been for other applicants i just hope it wasn't an error on their part!

Thanks!
I've added that in!

daveyboy1978 said:
Outland Application - We (my wife is British and I'm Canadian) applied June 23rd, Sept 23rd Sponsor approved (Decision Made) and info sent to London. On the Perm resident part, it says Application received. I've read a few places online that it could take up to 11 months for the 2nd part...is this true? What are others currently experiencing.

Throughout the Sponsor part, we were able to keep an eye online, however is that option available after the info has been sent to London?

Thanks in advance...and congrats to all the new PR's!!!
I've added you to the spreadsheet, linked in my signature. Just need your location (column N).

"What are others currently experiencing" - check the spreadsheet, that's why it's there! :)

You should be able to log into ECAS to track progress, but be aware ECAS is notoriously unreliable. Basically if it changes to reflect something, then you can assume that's accurate, but do NOT assume that it not changing means nothing is happening. In my case, ECAS never went to In Process at all. We received COPR in the post, and four days LATER ECAS changed to "Decision Made". Clearly someone was just exceptionally late in updating.

Also, make sure you select England/Scotland/whatever as your country of birth and NOT United Kingdom and Colonies. CIC is evidently stupid about this.

keego_1 said:
Hi all,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND this is why I always say to common-law applicants to NOT cease living together after the 12 months or after you've applied for PR! IT's cases like this when CIC asks for further proof that you have remained living together. I've argued about this point with people in this thread before - here is a case in point.

Anyways. Requesting history since age 18 isn't uncommon. The forms technically say you can provide just the past 10 years, which I'm guessing you did, but London is known for asking back to Age 18, so anyone else reading this - provide since 18 if you are able to, it's the safer option. RPRF is a good sign as well. Since they asked for extra documents, this is NOT your Decision Made or equivalent. You have to send in the additional documents, then probably wait quite a few more weeks for CIC to process it. So I'd sit tight awhile longer. Good luck!

olliekav said:
I've had decision made since the 28th September but we have received nothing in the post yet which is odd. We are currently in Canada so the postal address is here, not sure if that has any effect on it. I've submitted a case specific enquiry to try and find out what is going on.
Hmmm didn't seem to have you marked as DM on the Spreadsheet! I've added you in and you're now greenified!

Yep, good that you sent the inquiry. I think I remember from someone on BritishExpats who was chasing up a missing COPR that CIC told them they don't consider it lost until 6 weeks have passed, but you're roughly there. Which office processed your application, and where are you in Canada? (I don't have that info for you on the spreadsheet - columns E and N, respectively.) I'm guessing it was London... you've sent the case-specific inquiry already. If you don't hear anything in the next two days, then on Wednesday try emailing directly to their email address. I don't have it to hand but it's been posted quite a few times, and I think it's in the guide as well (not certain).

Keep us updated! And let me know those columns for the spreadsheet! :)

olliekav

Feb 4, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Hmmm didn't seem to have you marked as DM on the Spreadsheet! I've added you in and you're now greenified!

Yep, good that you sent the inquiry. I think I remember from someone on BritishExpats who was chasing up a missing COPR that CIC told them they don't consider it lost until 6 weeks have passed, but you're roughly there. Which office processed your application, and where are you in Canada? (I don't have that info for you on the spreadsheet - columns E and N, respectively.) I'm guessing it was London... you've sent the case-specific inquiry already. If you don't hear anything in the next two days, then on Wednesday try emailing directly to their email address. I don't have it to hand but it's been posted quite a few times, and I think it's in the guide as well (not certain).

Keep us updated! And let me know those columns for the spreadsheet! :)
I haven't updated this recently so no problem. Yep, it was the London office (I'm a UK resident, Canadian wife) and currently I'm in Ottawa. I'll wait until Wednesday and give that email a go if not.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
SchnookoLoly said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND this is why I always say to common-law applicants to NOT cease living together after the 12 months or after you've applied for PR! IT's cases like this when CIC asks for further proof that you have remained living together. I've argued about this point with people in this thread before - here is a case in point.

Anyways. Requesting history since age 18 isn't uncommon. The forms technically say you can provide just the past 10 years, which I'm guessing you did, but London is known for asking back to Age 18, so anyone else reading this - provide since 18 if you are able to, it's the safer option. RPRF is a good sign as well. Since they asked for extra documents, this is NOT your Decision Made or equivalent. You have to send in the additional documents, then probably wait quite a few more weeks for CIC to process it. So I'd sit tight awhile longer. Good luck!
Hi SchnookoLoly

Quick question about this - was looking at keego_1 as a comparison to my own app and saw that on the spreadsheet it's listed as Married not Common law - was that an error? Or could London be asking for cohabitation proof for a Married couple?

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
andrew-brit said:
Hello all.

I am super excited, we just got Sponsor Approval! Our file is being sent to London, UK.

I am a bit concerned because others have said that straightforward cases stay in Canada, but I guess no one really knows what goes on inside CIC.

Anyway, thanks everyone!

For the spreadsheet, we got SA on October 31st, file being sent to London, UK.
Mine got sent to London too and I wouldn't have thought we were a particularly difficult case! Still waiting for an update from London, as usual.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
CanadianInUK said:
Hi SchnookoLoly

Quick question about this - was looking at keego_1 as a comparison to my own app and saw that on the spreadsheet it's listed as Married not Common law - was that an error? Or could London be asking for cohabitation proof for a Married couple?
Thanks for pointing that out, I dug through Keego's last posts, and s/he should have been down as CL, not Married. Whoops! (This is why we often ask people to double-check their line after they've been entered!) So that should make more sense now. :)

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
I will fill this our rapido and sent the form and the photos, but I have to say the balance on waiting is rather unfair or jumbled up.
I can't believe the difference in times looking at the spread sheet. How some people fly through and others wait endlessly to get word.
there is careers and kids going to school. Only for this forum and the great people organising the time-line half of us would not know what was going on.....

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Hi again,
thanks for reply schookololy for your reply to the post im just after seeing that now myself and my Common Law partner have been at the same address for over 12 months so should there be a problem?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
There shouldn't be a problem as long as you remain living together. If you've moved apart then you might have issues.

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
The form that was emailed to me is a schedule A form this form is a PDF and part of the application form that I sent fully completed before I got sponsor approval I have plenty of copies of this filled out form why would I need to fill it out again??? or maybe they just need me to pay the fee and send the two photos.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
keego_1 said:
The form that was emailed to me is a schedule A form this form is a PDF and part of the application form that I sent fully completed before I got sponsor approval I have plenty of copies of this filled out form why would I need to fill it out again??? or maybe they just need me to pay the fee and send the two photos.
Send exactly what they ask for.