+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
katelynlc said:
DECISION MADE!! WAHOO!!! :)
Congrats! :) great to hear!
roger85 said:
And a decision made for me too!

If it's of any interest to those in a similar situation, I had quite an extensive travel history, including extended periods in West Africa and the Middle East, but that didn't seem to hold things up (except for them requesting the travel history in the first place, as my background declaration mentioned I'd been travelling). While I spent more than 6 months in some countries, it was never consecutive, so a police certificate wasn't needed.

Best of luck to all those still waiting.
Congrats as well!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Nocsy said:
Hi all

I've been stalking the forum for a few months now and thought it was time to join up. My finance went back to Canada last week to restart her teaching job and I'm waiting it out in the UK. Fingers crossed I'm in Toronto for Christmas

Please can you add me to the spreadsheet:

Confirmed received by Mississauga on 3 May 2013
Sponsorship approved by Mississauga on 23 May 2013
Meds sent to embassy 9 April
Welcome.

I have put your timeline on the spreadsheet

x

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
jackmb said:
Hi Guys,

Aint been on for a while but i have received my COPR.

Went IN PRO - 15/07
Received COPR - 19/07

:D:D:D
Congrats Jackmb!

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
scottishmaple said:
If you post you application timeline I can add you to it!
Hi Scottishmaple. Could you add me to the spreadsheet as well please? My timeline is under my username. Thank you!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
MCARTER82 said:
Hi Scottishmaple. Could you add me to the spreadsheet as well please? My timeline is under my username. Thank you!
Done...x

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Congratulations to everyone who got Decision Made :D

London office has been working very hard this week!

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Congratulations to all whom have received recent Decision Made. As we all know this can be a very stressful time and the waiting can be brutal. Tis 3months today that our application went into process. I had emailed the VO on three different occasions to request acknowledgement of receipt of additional documentation, with no response until today.

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

I can confirm that we have received the requested documents, we hope to be able to provide you with a final decision shortly.

All I can say is ME TOO!!!!!!

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Nice to see all these DMs. Congratulations to everyone and let's hope the rest from 2012 get theirs soon.

castleseng

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Hey all.

Finally ...FINALLLY finished and sent my PR application off today and have been on the search for some information about extending status (from worker to visitor) while waiting for the PR, does anyone here know what level of funds they are looking for when they ask for means of of financial support?

Thanks!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
moonchild67 said:
Congratulations to all whom have received recent Decision Made. As we all know this can be a very stressful time and the waiting can be brutal. Tis 3months today that our application went into process. I had emailed the VO on three different occasions to request acknowledgement of receipt of additional documentation, with no response until today.

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

I can confirm that we have received the requested documents, we hope to be able to provide you with a final decision shortly.

All I can say is ME TOO!!!!!!
That sounds positive they don't usually make such a statement unless you are close to being finished.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
scottishmaple said:
Thanks Scottishmaple. The application was filed July 8th, not August 7th. Thank you.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
castleseng said:
Hey all.

Finally ...FINALLLY finished and sent my PR application off today and have been on the search for some information about extending status (from worker to visitor) while waiting for the PR, does anyone here know what level of funds they are looking for when they ask for means of of financial support?

Thanks!
When I changed my Canada status from worker to visitor I showed them a statement showing around $2000 in my account. That was fine with them. You could get away with less though.

philipsweden

Aug 6, 2012
So I got slightly good news yesterday from London with this email:

Dear Mr Hafstad,

Please be advised that we are now ready to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, as you may be aware the validity of your COPR is determined by your medical validity. Your medical is due to expire on August 31st 2013, please advise us if you would be able to land in Canada before this date? If you are unable to, you will be required to complete a repeat chest x-ray (see attached letter) so that we are able to extend your medical for a further year.

Please advise us how you wish to proceed?

Currently I am in Canada with my fiancee but going back to Sweden for a month on August 6th. If I manage to get the COPR before August 6th I do not need to extend my medical since I can land before August 31st. However I do not think I will manage to get my COPR before August 6th based on other people's experience.
No idea why they ask me to do another chest x-ray as I know others have had their medical extended without going back to a PP, and why only the x-ray?? The medical is more than that!!
To the email above they attached a letter that I should bring to my PP, they ask to go to the PP where I did my original medical at but if I could not go to this PP I could choose any PP in my area, does this mean I can go to a PP here in Canada and do the chest x-ray?
I did my original medical in China last year where I was living at that time and the letter attached to the email above was from the Medical Unit at the Canadian Embassy in Beijing however I am using London as my visa office. Does this mean that the PP should send my chest x-ray results to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing or London?

I will try to change my plane ticket so I can get back before August 31st but I know it will cost a small fortune. If I cannot change my plane ticket I will have to do the chest x-ray.

If the COPR arrives with the mail here do I need to sign for it or can anyone in the house do it?

Thanks a lot for your help on this!

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Ohh god, what's a situation, I have no ideas to suggest you.
philipsweden said:
So I got slightly good news yesterday from London with this email:

Dear Mr Hafstad,

Please be advised that we are now ready to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence, as you may be aware the validity of your COPR is determined by your medical validity. Your medical is due to expire on August 31st 2013, please advise us if you would be able to land in Canada before this date? If you are unable to, you will be required to complete a repeat chest x-ray (see attached letter) so that we are able to extend your medical for a further year.

Please advise us how you wish to proceed?

Currently I am in Canada with my fiancee but going back to Sweden for a month on August 6th. If I manage to get the COPR before August 6th I do not need to extend my medical since I can land before August 31st. However I do not think I will manage to get my COPR before August 6th based on other people's experience.
No idea why they ask me to do another chest x-ray as I know others have had their medical extended without going back to a PP, and why only the x-ray?? The medical is more than that!!
To the email above they attached a letter that I should bring to my PP, they ask to go to the PP where I did my original medical at but if I could not go to this PP I could choose any PP in my area, does this mean I can go to a PP here in Canada and do the chest x-ray?
I did my original medical in China last year where I was living at that time and the letter attached to the email above was from the Medical Unit at the Canadian Embassy in Beijing however I am using London as my visa office. Does this mean that the PP should send my chest x-ray results to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing or London?

I will try to change my plane ticket so I can get back before August 31st but I know it will cost a small fortune. If I cannot change my plane ticket I will have to do the chest x-ray.

If the COPR arrives with the mail here do I need to sign for it or can anyone in the house do it?

Thanks a lot for your help on this!

poppy88

Jul 24, 2013
so i hear all about these DMs COPRs and AORs, took me a few google searchs to finally realise what they were! :D

what im asking is so DM is made, then COPR is issued, im living in canada and looking to send off my application, outland to london. so once my DM comes through, how long till i recieve the pack and then what would i have to do? im merely curious as i want to know once decision is made how long would i have to wait in order to be able to work again?

(IEC runs out may 2014 if PR comes through before that i will do a flag pole i guess, but if it comes after i will have to transfer to visitor status then flagpole to PR,, but im just curious to know once i flagpole can i work straight away or do i need to get my sin and change it with my empllouer etc, just want to have minimal time off work, who has been through this process who can help me out would be great!