+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
CaptainTurtles said:
Afternoon all!

Had my interview in London yesterday and it was the easiest interview I've ever sat through! The officer was very nice and had an intern with him. It felt very informal and relaxed, but I guess when you know you have nothing to hide what's there to worry about? He asked me to head back to the waiting room after a while so he could type up his notes then he said we would begin the second part of the interview, when he called me back he sat me down and told me he was approving my application!

He said as I am flying back to Canada Monday he was going to try and get the paperwork done for me to fly back as a landed immigrant! There was one issue with it all which was a bloody computer error! He said the form says we had not paid one of the fees, but he could see 'behind the scenes' that we have. Then he said he had to contact Canada and get them to fix it before issuing me the paperwork and he will try and get it done by Friday!

Excellent news all round, my husband sadly did not make the trip as good ol' Canada Post did not deliver his passport on time, so as happy as he is at the news, he's very annoyed at not being here with me through it all. He's booked us a hotel for Monday night when I land back in Van to do some celebrating!!

I'm here in London until then, my mother is driving up from Swansea with my brother and nephew to spend the weekend with me here. My brother and nephew don't know I'm in the country so I can't wait to surprise them when they arrive tonight! After a gruelling nine month process, what a relief this is! Thank you all for your help and support, it's such a comfort to talk to people who are going through the same process.

Oh..and my folder full of paperwork I'd gathered..he didn't look at any of it!! He did say it looked very organized though!
Wonderful news all round! I'm guessing he realised pretty quickly from your general demeanour that you were not engaged in some dodgy marriage of convenience! Sad that your husband couldn't make it, but enjoy the holiday while you can and I hope you get your COPR for your return!!!

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Hello Guys

I just got back from visiting my husband and would like to know if it's a good idea to send London VO the additional evidence? Has anyone else ever done this?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
noshi11 said:
Hello Guys

I just got back from visiting my husband and would like to know if it's a good idea to send London VO the additional evidence? Has anyone else ever done this?
I wouldn't send them anything at the moment, wait untile they are further processing your file and if they ask for additional evidence then you can send it then. But it is a good idea to collect this evidence incase they require further prove that your relationship is genuine.

x

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
CaptainTurtles said:
Afternoon all!

Had my interview in London yesterday and it was the easiest interview I've ever sat through! The officer was very nice and had an intern with him. It felt very informal and relaxed, but I guess when you know you have nothing to hide what's there to worry about? He asked me to head back to the waiting room after a while so he could type up his notes then he said we would begin the second part of the interview, when he called me back he sat me down and told me he was approving my application!

He said as I am flying back to Canada Monday he was going to try and get the paperwork done for me to fly back as a landed immigrant! There was one issue with it all which was a bloody computer error! He said the form says we had not paid one of the fees, but he could see 'behind the scenes' that we have. Then he said he had to contact Canada and get them to fix it before issuing me the paperwork and he will try and get it done by Friday!

Excellent news all round, my husband sadly did not make the trip as good ol' Canada Post did not deliver his passport on time, so as happy as he is at the news, he's very annoyed at not being here with me through it all. He's booked us a hotel for Monday night when I land back in Van to do some celebrating!!

I'm here in London until then, my mother is driving up from Swansea with my brother and nephew to spend the weekend with me here. My brother and nephew don't know I'm in the country so I can't wait to surprise them when they arrive tonight! After a gruelling nine month process, what a relief this is! Thank you all for your help and support, it's such a comfort to talk to people who are going through the same process.

Oh..and my folder full of paperwork I'd gathered..he didn't look at any of it!! He did say it looked very organized though!
Thats is awesome news. hope copr is quick for you!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
moonchild67 said:
Things have surely slowed down this month....except for my compulsion to check emails and ecas !!!!!!
Sighs .....was never one to hurry up and wait .
it certainly has, however there were 2 holidays this month so perhaps some VO's have taken long weekends. I would!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
moonchild67 said:
Things have surely slowed down this month....except for my compulsion to check emails and ecas !!!!!!
Sighs .....was never one to hurry up and wait .
Indeed. Much to my increasing frustration.

Unfortunately it's just the continuation of a trend through London. They're getting slower all the time

In recent years (2007-2011) 50% of Family cases through London were processed in 3-4 months. Over 70% were done within 6 months or less.
In 2012 that jumped up to 50% processed in 6 months or less. 70% of cases were completed in 8 months.

Were they processing more cases? No. 2012 is actually the year with the fewest overall people needing processed.

Looking at the spreadsheet that is keeping track of people (including you and I), a handful of people from late 2012 have made it through. No "early 2013" applicant has even got to "In process" let alone completion and we're nearly into June. In 2008, a fair chunk of these people (you and I included) would have been long finished.

Basically they're dropping the ball.

Everyone can check themselves because the Canadian government tracks it: http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=5175A6F0-1&xsl=datacataloguerecord&metaxsl=datacataloguerecord&formid=427337D0-7C36-4FED-8428-C6A63F8C19B3

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
noshi11 said:
Hello Guys

I did, and I thought it was a smart decision for us to voluntarily submit more information to "update" our file, but it will depend on your case. We submitted more info six months after we filed our application, but I had visited my husband about four more times by that point, so I had substantial proof to submit.

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
Ok..

So after my last email from CIC, the security check one.. That's only happening now.. 9 months in.. I email them back stating that I'm obviously concerned about the process, finding it stressful and taxing.. I mention the fact that I am fully aware that my medical expires at the end of July and clearly I need to plan things.. I don't know, like my life!! See, if I have to land before the medical expires, well there's a lot to plan..

So this was the response.. (ScottishMaple, yo're going to love this!!) :

Good afternoon,

Your medical expires 08/08/13. We will attempt to extend your medical result by an additional 12 months if the background checks remain in process at that time.

Regards,
CDD

If the back ground checks remian in process at this time?? August?? That would be a year.. Are they kidding me??
And then, it's only an attempt to extend my medical.. What does that mean??

Not being funny, this gets more ludicrous by the day.

I read somewhere that I can apply to CIC or some other Government department for some kind of paperwork that shows exactly what they've been doing with my application.. Anyone know anything about this?

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
blueboom said:
I did, and I thought it was a smart decision for us to voluntarily submit more information to "update" our file, but it will depend on your case. We submitted more info six months after we filed our application, but I had visited my husband about four more times by that point, so I had substantial proof to submit.
I think that is what I had read previously from another post of yours. The last bit of evidence I sent was up to November 2012. I did not send a lot of evidence showing us spending time together previously, except for the wedding pics. That is because we were in a long distance relationship so things were complicted. I am already worried that they will question our lack of meetups so I am definitely going to go ahead and show them an update of us spending time together. What's the worse that can happen right?

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
AlanJB27 said:
Not being funny, this gets more ludicrous by the day.
Classic CIC. Make emailing the only way to contact them, rather than allowing you to talk to a human being. Then, when emailing you, provide little more than flippant one liners that usually do little in the way of actually helping you. Ludicrous indeed.

AlanJB27 said:
I read somewhere that I can apply to CIC or some other Government department for some kind of paperwork that shows exactly what they've been doing with my application.. Anyone know anything about this?
Heard similar but I don't know either.

[/quote]

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
AlanJB27 said:
Order your GCMS notes. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/...rsonal.asp

ATIP = "Access To Information and Privacy".

If you are inside Canada, there is no fee. If you are outside Canada, you must have someone inside Canada order the notes on your behalf.

It will take precisely 30 days for the notes to arrive (make sure you select email and not hard copy).

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Exactly 13 months since I mailed my application to CIC.
And 1 month since interview.

Still in process and heard nothing. *Sigh*

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
Immigration007 said:
Exactly 13 months since I mailed my application to CIC.
And 1 month since interview.

Still in process and heard nothing. *Sigh*
That's very long. Was there something odd about your application/circumstances? I'd guess so seeings as you required an interview but 13 months seems excessive in any event.

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
orly said:
That's very long. Was there something odd about your application/circumstances? I'd guess so seeings as you required an interview but 13 months seems excessive in any event.
Nothing special.. Even officer in sweden said he doesnt understand why london called for an interview -__-

Told us abt a month.. But that has come n gone..

Binga,
If you read this.
Did u get anything yet?