+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Canuckwannabe said:
Hello Everyone! Well I think I am still in shock, but I just checked ecas and it says decision made! They started processing my application on nov 26th and decision made today!! I am definitely in shock as my hands are literally shaking as I type this! You check ecas several times a day always hoping to see decision made, but when you finally see it you have to take a double look! I guess I now join the mail man stalker group, but hopefully it wont be too long and then we can have a nice December trip across the boarder to land officially! As a reminder our application was received on April 27th and sent to London on August 2nd, so by looking at the spreadsheet it shouldn't be too long until a lot more of us finally finish this process!! Good luck to you all, and I will still keep everyone posted on landing etc :eek:)
Congrats, that's great to hear!! now allow somewhere between 10 days to 2 weeks for the COPR to make it to Canada.... enjoy the moment! :) good to see that they are working on late april applicants... hopefully a lot get done before Christmas!

nmford said:
Congrats!!!! :D

How they can have this done but still be processing my app is beyond me.
Indeed - I really hope that you hear soon from them, it should not be too long now!
Good luck - fingers crossed for you,
Sweden

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
COPR arrived 5th Dec & will do landing on 8th Dec.
nmford said:
Congrats!!!! :D

How they can have this done but still be processing my app is beyond me.
I have no idea how you are still waiting, and I can only imagine the frustration! This whole process has been a long one with no sense or reason as to how the process works. I think the most frustrating thing is that they never update you (ours went straight from app received to decision made) we get hooked on ecas even though it rarely tells us anything, but thankfully everyone on here understands the pain and frustration so even though it doesn't make it any easier, at least you know you are not alone. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you though and hope you hear something very soon!!

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
Laurenhannah said:
woohoo!! Big conrgratulations!!!! ;D

We are in process at the mo too, sponsorship approval august 8 so looks like they're making a start on us August bunch!!
Thanks Laurenhannah! It looks like you are only a week behind us so fingers crossed you hear something soon! Although you wont quite believe it when you do as its so surreal! Good luck!

Canuckwannabe

Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-12
File Transfer...
02-08-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
Congrats, that's great to hear!! now allow somewhere between 10 days to 2 weeks for the COPR to make it to Canada.... enjoy the moment! :) good to see that they are working on late april applicants... hopefully a lot get done before Christmas!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! I was thinking two weeks, although now I have an update it makes waiting a whole lot easier! I am not sure how long the shock will last, but I certainly will enjoy the moment and celebrate the day of landing! It looks like they are pushing through so hopefully a lot more good news will come before christmas! Good luck with the job search too, I guess that will be my next challenge!

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Just regarding the address changes via email should I inform them that we have decided to wait out the remainder of the processing time in Canada or just give them the new address?? If anyone has advice, please share thanks:)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kaede1977 said:
Just regarding the address changes via email should I inform them that we have decided to wait out the remainder of the processing time in Canada or just give them the new address?? If anyone has advice, please share thanks:)
I informed them... not sure it would make a difference, but maybe it will! if you state that you are going to Canada to wait out the rest of the PR, and you are leaving on that specific date, maybe they will respond by saying that they are ready to issue the COPR and they will send it to you before the day you leave - always worth a try! :) I think that's more or less what happened with Rising Sun...
Good luck - where in Canada are you headed?
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
kaede1977 said:
Hey Kaede,

I wrote to them about 9 or 10 days ago specifically saying I will be in Canada as of December 12th for 16 weeks (the 16 weeks was a little white lie) I intended to wait out the whole process. They E-mailed me a couple of times to clarify and then Tuesday AM I guess the senior official processing my case said "Your application will soon be approved and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Form will be issued and mailed. Please confirm that the documents should be mailed to XXXXXXXXXXX if they are issued and mailed before 12th of December.

So I gave my final reply saying that is correct but for confusion of doubt I repeated my address in the uk up to and including the 11th December after that it will have to be mailed to my wife's address in Canada.

Ironically my address on ECAS has changed to my wife's today but application still says "in process" BUT I think ECAS is lagging and that the COPR has been sent. I will keep you up to date what happens and if I get the COPR or my wife does lol :p

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Sweden said:
Indeed - I really hope that you hear soon from them, it should not be too long now!
Good luck - fingers crossed for you,
Sweden
I hope so. I emailed them a couple of days ago trying to find out what the status is, haven't heard back yet though.

I've been living in Canada this entire process and been supporting my wife through her pregnancy. Our boy is now 1 month old :) Because of my immigration situation though, I've been doing this via telecommuting jobs from the US (I have a US green card I am giving up for my Canadian residency).

It has been difficult!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
bonitanita said:
Oh it all sounds so familiar. Ours was rcvd May 2. SP approval was on July 25th. On Oct 18th, still hadn't heard anything. I got concerned and emailed London and they said they never rcvd my file. I called CIC and they said it's still in Mississauga. Since then, I've called back several times and had no update. They said they have no further information for me yet and to call back in a few weeks.

I don't mean to worry you but IT IS worth emailing London yourself just to at least make sure that they have your file. If you have your file number, log into ECAS with it (not the UCI). If it works, you should be fine. If not, email London saying you can't log in with your file number and they should be able to respond to that.

Good luck
Hi!
Yes, my husband sent off an email yesterday so hoping that they reply and confirm they have it at least. I have been checking online and it just says "application received June 20th" "medical received" and our lawyer checked her end and all good. Will sit tight for another bit. At least Christmas is coming! Will take my mind off it for a bit!
Thanks for the advice :)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Canooknic said:
Welcome!
Hopefully you will hear some thing soon. Where abouts are you living?
We are living in Ottawa. Love it here :)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bonitanita said:
PS - I am on a visitor visa too here in Canada and I know how *censored word*ty the situation is just to wait around and not know anything.
Oh it is sooooo frustrating and a lot of censored words ;)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sweden said:
Welcome to the thread, and feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet if you feel like it, the link is in my signature, and it's open for all to edit.
Good luck on the application - I'm also in Canada and landed last saturday so I can not officially look for work etc, makes a whole difference this PR thing! :)
Sweden
Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to be in your shoes!
I have added to the London spreadsheet, I hope I've done it correctly.
Best of luck with the job hunt :)

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Canuckwannabe said:
Hello Everyone! Well I think I am still in shock, but I just checked ecas and it says decision made! They started processing my application on nov 26th and decision made today!! I am definitely in shock as my hands are literally shaking as I type this! You check ecas several times a day always hoping to see decision made, but when you finally see it you have to take a double look! I guess I now join the mail man stalker group, but hopefully it wont be too long and then we can have a nice December trip across the boarder to land officially! As a reminder our application was received on April 27th and sent to London on August 2nd, so by looking at the spreadsheet it shouldn't be too long until a lot more of us finally finish this process!! Good luck to you all, and I will still keep everyone posted on landing etc :eek:)
Congratulations!!!! Great News!
My husband checks ecas everyday, religiously, and everyday it's the same. I can't wait until the day it changes for us!
Our app was sent to London around August 27th so I'm hoping we hear something soon!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sfeire said:
Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to be in your shoes!
I have added to the London spreadsheet, I hope I've done it correctly.
Best of luck with the job hunt :)
thanks! :) hope your PR comes very soon.

I have moved you up because the spreadsheet is organised depending on when the sponsor approval was received, so we have an idea if London works on the applications based on received dates or not (and the answer is... more or less, yes and no! :) )
you're now in row 74, in lilac color because you sent the application in June, and in order of sponsorship approval (more or less - few people on the spreadsheet are not in order, but I'll try and sort it out later on!).
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So, I just checked an email our lawyer has sent us a few weeks back (Nov 13th)
She sent us screenshots of ecas (its different to what I see when I log on, broken down into the two stages).
It has my name under sponsored person - under Sponsorship Application it says decision made (Aug 27th, app rec June 20th) - under Permanent Residence Application Status it says Application Received (medical results have been received).

So I'm presuming this means the application has been received in London.
:) :)