+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

srehal

May 31, 2012
Hi Guys here is our timeline:

Me (Sponsor) - Sponsorship approved July 15, 2012
PR Application transfer to London - July 21, 2012

No news yet since July, very frustrating!!!

My husband (whom I'm sponsoring) is living in London but is an Indian National, I wonder if this is why its taking so long...

It seems from the forums that most people in my timeline frame have not received any response yet either, so that's a little reaffirming...

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
srehal said:
Hi Guys here is our timeline:

Me (Sponsor) - Sponsorship approved July 15, 2012
PR Application transfer to London - July 21, 2012

No news yet since July, very frustrating!!!

My husband (whom I'm sponsoring) is living in London but is an Indian National, I wonder if this is why its taking so long...

It seems from the forums that most people in my timeline frame have not received any response yet either, so that's a little reaffirming...
Hey Srehal,

if you look in my signature indeed there is quite a few people who are still waiting to hear from CIC - me included ... my sponsorship approval was on the 13th of July, so pretty similar to yours... how did you find out when your file was transferred ? I have no idea for myself, and just assume that it is on the same day as the sponsor approval...

Unfortunately, you might have to wait for a little longer. If you look at the spreadsheet, you will see that people that are not from visa-exempt countries tend to wait a little longer, because of backgrounds checks where they need to liaise with other countries. In fact, there is a second thread for people going through London but not visa-exempt, and the average waiting time is longer. Of course - I hope you and your husband won't have to wait any longer, but just to be prepared...

Good luck in the process, and if you are not already in the spreadsheet and want to be included, feel free to add yourself in the corresponding spaces - the spreadsheet is open for all, and you can edit the information.

Cheers,
Sweden

FuzzyFace

Nov 5, 2012
Hi all,

We've been reading the forums since we applied back in April and decided it was time to add our details. Our application was received 23rd May and my wife had Sponsor Approval 17th July and we've been waiting ever since! Sounds like a lot of people are in the same position as us, we were expecting to hear in October so now starting to worry a bit but hoping to hear something this week. My wife has joint Canadian/UK citizenship and I'm a UK citizen. I've added our details on the spreadsheet.

Best of luck to everyone else and thanks for all the information and assistance on the forum, it's a valuable resource!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Deficient said:
Passport request. Not all applicants get a request since London applicants are usually also nationals of visa exempt countries, but some (there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who) are asked to submit copies of all the pages of their passport before their COPR is issued.
Oh ok, thank you for clearing that up

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
if you look in my signature indeed there is quite a few people who are still waiting to hear from CIC - me included ... my sponsorship approval was on the 13th of July, so pretty similar to yours... how did you find out when your file was transferred ? I have no idea for myself, and just assume that it is on the same day as the sponsor approval...

Cheers,
Sweden
When I emailed CIC asking if they had my file, the email said it had been received on 25th Sept 2012 (13 days after sponsorship), thats they only way I know London had received it, I didnt get an AOR....

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
FuzzyFace said:
Hi all,

We've been reading the forums since we applied back in April and decided it was time to add our details. Our application was received 23rd May and my wife had Sponsor Approval 17th July and we've been waiting ever since! Sounds like a lot of people are in the same position as us, we were expecting to hear in October so now starting to worry a bit but hoping to hear something this week. My wife has joint Canadian/UK citizenship and I'm a UK citizen. I've added our details on the spreadsheet.

Best of luck to everyone else and thanks for all the information and assistance on the forum, it's a valuable resource!
Hi and Welcome.

Your certainly not alone in regards to timeline, here is the May Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aip6KZdQpZf7dGNweDk2SlFUaGc2MnVEODBTSm1TVVE#gid=0 if you wanted to add your details to that too, there should also be a May Thread

Good Luck

specialdiablo

Jul 10, 2012
Laurenhannah said:
Morning guys,

i gave in yesterday and e-mailed London after hearing some horror stories of peoples applications not being sent! I needed some peace of mind! Wasn't expecting anything back but e-mailed them yesterday afternoon and just got this back:

Dear Applicant,

File number: xxxxxx

Your file has been received by our London office and is awaiting review by an officer.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards
CSU (VCM)

at least i know its been received! Can't believe how fast they e-mailed back :eek:

It's really starting to take a toll on us now, i think mainly because we're close to the end, its always the worst. My partner has been here out of work for a year and half due to two failed LMO's then needing to wait a couple of months until we became common law. We were going to pack it in and just go back to England as i didn't think he could mentally survive not working for however many months this PR takes, but hopefully it will all be worth it!

oh well, rant over. Hope lots of people get their decision made this week :)

May i ask how long you waited. It's been 16 days and wondering if i should check yet?
Cheers!

specialdiablo

Jul 10, 2012
scottishmaple said:
When I emailed CIC asking if they had my file, the email said it had been received on 25th Sept 2012 (13 days after sponsorship), thats they only way I know London had received it, I didnt get an AOR....
Hello,
Can you please tell me the email address you sent the email to? I would like to check if they received ours yet?
Thank you very much!!
cheers!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
specialdiablo said:
Hello,
Can you please tell me the email address you sent the email to? I would like to check if they received ours yet?
Thank you very much!!
cheers!
You can send a case specific enquiry to London, its not guaranteed you will get a response....https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
You can send a case specific enquiry to London, its not guaranteed you will get a response....https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london
indeed... i sent one more than a week ago to check if they had received some added documents and they haven't answered anything... so I hope that they have my file, and the documents... and the COPR ready! fingers crossed...
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
indeed... i sent one more than a week ago to check if they had received some added documents and they haven't answered anything... so I hope that they have my file, and the documents... and the COPR ready! fingers crossed...
Sweden
I think I have my fingers crossed more for you than for us at this point....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
I think I have my fingers crossed more for you than for us at this point....
thanks! I'm starting to be really restless - maybe because I have arrived in Canada, and everytime I try to do something, I discover I can't because... I am on a tourist visa... so the COPR would be very needed now! I'm still happy to have moved before, because at least I can get to know the city ( there is no restriction on how much you can walk around! as a tourist that's what I'm supposed to do anyway...), but London has had my file for (supposedly) 3,5 months, so it's time to issue the COPR I think! :)
Sweden

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Sweden said:
thanks! I'm starting to be really restless - maybe because I have arrived in Canada, and everytime I try to do something, I discover I can't because... I am on a tourist visa... so the COPR would be very needed now! I'm still happy to have moved before, because at least I can get to know the city ( there is no restriction on how much you can walk around! as a tourist that's what I'm supposed to do anyway...), but London has had my file for (supposedly) 3,5 months, so it's time to issue the COPR I think! :)
Sweden
Hey Sweden,

I know exactly how you feel, Very restless is where I am at right now. Every morning looking at the letterbox in anticipation thinking this will be the day. I will be joining the ranks of a tourist visa in mid December, I can't wait any longer, by that time it will be over 5 months that London has had my application. I really believe that Feb-May applicants got such a bad deal with these new bar code forms. Processing times for these months particularly are hideous, very early February and January applicants were done in around 3 months but since then there seems to have been terrible delays. Without a doubt it is time to start issuing these COPR's for the July approvals and finish of those before July are waiting on various things.

:D

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
Sweden said:
Sweden
I am the exact same, very restless. Hoping to hear this month!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Sweden,

I know exactly how you feel, Very restless is where I am at right now. Every morning looking at the letterbox in anticipation thinking this will be the day. I will be joining the ranks of a tourist visa in mid December, I can't wait any longer, by that time it will be over 5 months that London has had my application. I really believe that Feb-May applicants got such a bad deal with these new bar code forms. Processing times for these months particularly are hideous, very early February and January applicants were done in around 3 months but since then there seems to have been terrible delays. Without a doubt it is time to start issuing these COPR's for the July approvals and finish of those before July are waiting on various things.

:D
Compulsive ecas checking ( even if I am registered on ecas tracker!), and mail boxes trips - the mailman will soon be scared of me I think...
Good to know that you'll be coming to Canada mid december - and hopefully with a COPR in hand at that point - even if I feel more restless here as I can not work ( I worked until end september), at least I'm here... and can "start" as soon as the COPR arrives ( and do a few things in the meantime...).
Sweden