+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
pinklady said:
Hi again,
I think I have added all the recent updates to the spreadsheet (link below). If I have missed anything, please let me know!
hey Pinklady,

welcome back, hope you feel better! thanks for updating the spreadsheet, it looks great and it's exciting, there is only 4 lines between the last approval and my case, so it feels like it is getting closer... even if I know it is not a straightforward process as just going by the date, s some people in february are still waiting, but still - there is hope!

best,
Sweden

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
gideonj said:
@ Woffles

Hey thanks for getting in touch! :) It's comforting to know people are going through nearly the exact same thing as me: I'm in a very similar situation to you... you are right I could have applied for another IEC, but I missed the date by a couple of days :( Slightly heart braking!

So now I am doing much like you, my IEC runs out in October, so after that I'll stay here as a visitor, until hopefully my application comes through - I'm working off the assumption it will take 10 months (3 months common law approval, 7 months London) and I will have to fly back to London for an interview at some point.

The scary part for me: the 5 months or so when I can't work but need to stay in Canada, eek. Ah well, I'll figure it out.

All off this sound familiar to you? Where abouts are you based if you have to come 'in' to Vancouver?
Yea I knew this was coming after the shock of not being able to get another IEC visa so I just saved my ass off and saved as much as I could. Things will be tight for sure but I have enough to keep a roof over my head and food on the table for the duration of the maximum processing time :) I'm hoping it will be quicker of course, it seems that some people have been really lucky so you never know. But definitely going to assume worst case scenario regarding processing times.

I live up in Whistler so not too far away. We have a food bank and animal shelter and that kind of thing up here so I am going to inquire about volunteering so that I fill my time with something useful and it will also be good for the resume. Maybe look into helping at one of the shelters in Vancouver or something if you don't end up studying? I would go crazy with absolutely nothing to do.

Quite envious that you have a few months left of working, I really wish I could have got my application in already but we have to wait another couple of weeks. It's probably going to take that long getting everything together as still waiting on people for photos and whatnot. And although you won't be working for a little while, at least you'll be halfway through the process :)

Also, a lot of people seem to get their interview waived so you might not have to fly back, though if I have to then it would be a good opportunity to see family and friends.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
pinklady said:
Woffles - Weegie is right, I volunteered at an animal shelter before I became a PR and had no issues whatsoever. Go ahead and volunteer your time, a great way to meet new people too.
Thanks very much for the confirmation, I'm really looking forward to helping out with local community services :)

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Welcome back Pink Lady, hope you feel better now. Only one person ahead of me on your spread sheet for sponsor approval. Exciting should be any day for us now if we are amongst the average times. Fingers crossed

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
lol after hearing about pinklady story and how quick she went through, i dont know any more ... my case started getting looked at in januray 2012 and still nothing about requesting my passport or any sort of reply on a decision made about my case. Fair enough im still within the processing time but, this is getting ridiculous.

I cant sleep properly, im tossing and turning, constantly stressed im trying to do things to keep me busy but still... i just really dont know whats going on with my case at all. :(

ahhh such as life i guess.

but goodluck with everyone this is such a stressful waiting game.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
sway_in_de_wind said:
Welcome back Pink Lady, hope you feel better now. Only one person ahead of me on your spread sheet for sponsor approval. Exciting should be any day for us now if we are amongst the average times. Fingers crossed
Yes, its been a long wait, and stil ongoing, the last i heard was approval for a March 14. So maybe next week for you ;)
Really wished i'd managed to get the apps sent in January, when they were still on 45/50 odd days and not 90+!!!

scooper81

May 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
05-02-2012
I was thinking the same. We have been gathering everything since before Xmas but because we went back to Vancouver at Christmas we thought we had better wait til we got back to send in our application. How wrong we were. I am contemplating calling the Visa Office to ask if they have the application but worry about getting some rude person on the phone like last time. Anyone had any luck talking to someone helpful out of the London office or have people emailed to inquire about their application?

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Same here but we are still behind you guys. We have been planning this for years. Girlfreind decided to do further study before we go, it was the right decision but it took a while to complete. We have also been gathering evidence of our relationship for a couple of years too as we are not married. We are hoping that putting in the effort at an earlier stage will prevent long delays later on. But it is killing us, 84 days and heard nothing. Looking at the spread sheet looks like we should hear soon.

We have never called CIC, if you have any luck let us know.

Good luck

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
sway_in_de_wind said:
Same here but we are still behind you guys. We have been planning this for years. Girlfreind decided to do further study before we go, it was the right decision but it took a while to complete. We have also been gathering evidence of our relationship for a couple of years too as we are not married. We are hoping that putting in the effort at an earlier stage will prevent long delays later on. But it is killing us, 84 days and heard nothing. Looking at the spread sheet looks like we should hear soon.

We have never called CIC, if you have any luck let us know.

Good luck
I'll be watching out for your progress Sway, as i think im on the next line after you on the london spreadsheet ;)

canucks78

May 29, 2012
Hi Sway,

My date is the same as yours, did u send medical with application or after? I sent mine with the application but doesn`t say they have recivied it on the CIC website but know some peoples does. My partner has been accepted as sponsor and been sent a letter to confirm this but i`m just impatient! lol

many thanks

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Rosie
yeah we are next to each other on the sheet. Ill keep my eye out for you too.

Canucks
You appear to be a month ahead of us two, my file arrived in Canada for sponsor approval on 21st March. Wish I had sent it earlier tho ha ha. We sent our application to sponsor to Canada about 7 weeks before getting the medical done. Once the medical was done there was a three week wait for the results which were fine and the doc sent the medical direct to London for us. The have got our medical now and our file should be arriving 'we hope' any time soon. When we did our application we were unable to do anything on line for some reason so we don't have any details to get into the CIC website to check. We sent ours recorded delivery and they signed for it on 21st March, we are having to wait for them to contact us to get our reference numbers. I know exactly how your feeling, Im feeling so impatient too. We are considering quitting work just before Christmas, having Christmas off with the families then doing some travel to pass the time. There are some places out there that are so cheap to live it wouldn't dent our savings too much. Keep us updated with how you get on. Two more posts and you can fill in your Stats on the left.

TracyHooper

Jun 14, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice;

I am Candaian and my husband is british and we would like to move to canada. We currently live in england (we have been married 8 years and I have been abroad for 9years) We have an 18 month old (i think she's entitled to citizenship as I am a 1st gen canadian)

So my question is can I sponsor my husband even though I haven't worked for 18 months (my last pay check was sept 2011, it was maternity) He has just been made redundant from the British Army and we will get a £40,000 payout to leave and my mother and father are letting us stay with them, so no rent to worry about. How do I fill out the financial form (IMM1283)?

If I can't sponsor him what are our options?

Thank you for any help,
Tracy

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys what is this sheet thing that you guys talk about updating all the time? ... also am i part of the sheet?

man im really frustrated of all this process time... 6-7 months process time. in my earlier threads ive done everything that they have asked for including medicals, fingerprint forms, police records so it's a sit and wait game now to know the outcome. and my case as been looked at since jan 2012.

well until then all i can do is sit, pray, wait and hope the outcome is positive. ;) ...

anyone got any help or advice would be much appreciated and sweden if your still on, thankyou my freind.

Tweety35

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
aug 2011
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Done....
19th april
Passport Req..
12th august
VISA ISSUED...
26th august
LANDED..........
hey guys i have a question about the rcmp fingerprint forms...

When i submitted my fingerprint forms to rcmp, they requested my file number and visa office address dealing with my case, now my question is do i recieve the fingerprint forms back to my home address in the uk, or do they send them directly to the visa office?

im confused.