+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Pinklady!

Yeah I did fill it all out and then realise I didnt need it haha...but thanks! I had a question for you - I see on your logs under your name, with the timings, it says 'passport request' with a date after youve sent everything off - do they request your passport then? I didnt see that written anwhere...?

Thanks for all your help :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
The PPR is the final thing in the process. When they are ready to issue a visa (a one time entry visa to canada) they request your passport. You can take it to london in person and collect it 2 weeks later, or mail it and they send it back registered.
They put the visa in your passport and send it back to you with a COPR, then you have to 'land'. You take your passport with visa and COPR at the port of entry and then you're done. You enter canada :)
You will receive your PR card in the mail 6-8 weeks later but you can use the COPR and passport to get a SIN and register for healthcare before you get the PR card. Getting the SIN is easy and issued immediately. Once you have the SIN, you can work.
I'm getting a little ahead of myself now....
First things first, submit the application to Mississauga :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Status of your application

Explanation

IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

WITHDRAWN
(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Pinklady, thanks for explaining that!

Ok can I ask your opinion, Im really quite stressed - we have my husband's last 5 years of work history - however being in construction he moved around and he had a few jobs. for earliest year (06) the company he worked for went into administration and we do not have a phone number. The company after that - all his payslips are back in storage in Canada and when we tried to google the company online we cannot find them, so we can give name of the company and area but again no contact number. Im really concerned because it says this can result in refusal of the application.

The rest of our application I feel is really strong and good but Im just scared they're going to turn around and refuse us because of lack of this information.

Do you have any advice? I dont want to send it all off if this is something they take into account for the final decision.....

...headache...

thanks in advance :(

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
If you can't find the information you can't find it.

I would write on a separate sheet explaining everything you just told me. Also you could even do a print screen showing your google search for the company as additional proof you tried.
You could also print something off showing that the first company went into administration, a news article or something? Just so it puts your mind at rest that you did everything you could.

I don't think you would get a refusal based on not being able to provide phone numbers.

Once you have sent it off to Mississauga you'll feel a whole lot better... at least for a day or 2 :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks Pinklady we will do as you suggest...I think Im just over worrying about everything, cant imagine what Ill be like waiting!! :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
A lot of places I worked for went belly up ages ago, i just put the name of the company and the old address that I knew of, don’t remember it asking for phone numbers tbh. I don’t think it will be a problem, in these economical times there are lots of places, big and small that are no longer around and unable to be reached. :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Mandy :) is right.
You really shouldnt worry about it. If the rest of your application is solid like you say you'll be fine!

jon_dza

Apr 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

My application has been in progress since May 2011 and I just got the following from the London Embassy:

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

Original Police Certificates from Denmark

I am now sending them the missing certificate but I don't understand about the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" as we paid it online when we were first putting together the application and sent a copy of the receipt with the full package to Mississauga.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if CIC are? I am going to resend the receipt to both London and Mississauga. Is that going to be adequate?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jon_dza said:
Hi Everyone,

My application has been in progress since May 2011 and I just got the following from the London Embassy:

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

Original Police Certificates from Denmark

I am now sending them the missing certificate but I don't understand about the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" as we paid it online when we were first putting together the application and sent a copy of the receipt with the full package to Mississauga.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if CIC are? I am going to resend the receipt to both London and Mississauga. Is that going to be adequate?
How much did u pay initially did u pay $550 or $1040 if u paid $1040 resend a copy to CPC-M if only $550 please pay remainder $490

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chrischris said:
HSBalouch - was it only after the intervention by your MP that the error with the email address was revealed? I think just about everyone on here including me is paranoid that some fat-fingered so-and-so at the VO has sent the PPR to the wrong email address! Unless it bounced back at them (not guaranteed, since most email addresses are just one number or character different from someone else's email address) and they resent to the correct address then you'd never know.

Doing it all by email is good in principle, but not robust in its current form. They should send you a test email, requiring you to reply in order to initiate them sending further stuff electronically. No reply from you to their test email within say, three weeks, and it all then goes by post. Simples.

The wait is really dragging now and I'm getting sick of all my colleagues forever asking me "have you heard yet?". I wonder if they're experiencing a backlog of new sponsor approvals which built up from the postal strike earlier in the summer and logging those new arrivals is taking precedence over processing existing cases.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.... We don't really have any idea what really goes on.
hi chris, yes that's true, they didnt bother re-checking if the email address they got was right or not although we had sent them atleast 6 emails before to enquire about our case, it was only when MP got involved we heard, otherwise it was only few days away from closing our file, I am not trying to make you guys paranoid but MP's secretary advised us to contact them atleast twice in a month if you think its about time!!

I wonder if the email didnt bounce back, because address they entered was quite unusual, bear in mind my own original email isnt normal either : D

goodluck guys, hope we dont get in any further trouble : O

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Can I just ask how did everyone present their photos? Did they tack them down to paper? - It says to send things loose but it wont look very good having a million pictures just falling out when they open it! And did people staple / paperclip things together? I thought I saw it say about not putting things in plastic folders but I cant find the bit now!

Thanks everyone (sorry for nitpicking!!)

Anna :)

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
AnnaMcG said:
Hi all,

Can I just ask how did everyone present their photos? Did they tack them down to paper? - It says to send things loose but it wont look very good having a million pictures just falling out when they open it! And did people staple / paperclip things together? I thought I saw it say about not putting things in plastic folders but I cant find the bit now!

Thanks everyone (sorry for nitpicking!!)

Anna :)
I placed mine in labelled envelopes

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jon_dza said:
I paid the full $1040.00 so I guess I will just resend the receipt.
Yes send it to
RPRF payments or other correspondence:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

and you may wanna fax you VO a copy of the receipt as well include client info on it