+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rwgs811

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2017
COPR confirmed on 07/04/17.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Can u try calling CIC agents up and asking them to help?

meanwhile pray and pray it is not in london... trust me right now noone would want their files to go there considering how painfully slow they have become in 2017.

SRafiq said:
As I've not received even a AOR - never mind a SA I put in a case enquiry and got this back
So I informed that have checked all SPAM boxes and nothing by post either and got this
Bizarre.

I'm assuming they've sent it to London but no idea how to contact that office. Wondering if I should contact the consular office to help?

I've tried the myCIC linking but struggled without the application number to get linking.

This is frustrating really.

jenniqua81

Jun 16, 2016
Hi there,

Just an update for @jenniqua81 for the 2016 spreadsheet.

We received COPR in the post on April 3rd.

I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me....

When my partner comes back into Canada does he need anything other than his COPR letter and passport?

In particular does he need proof of funds? And if so how much?

Also, I read but it was advice from 2010 that he needs a visa. His letter didn't have a visa with it. Is that outdated information?

Many thanks!

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
jenniqua81 said:

Also, I read but it was advice from 2010 that he needs a visa. His letter didn't have a visa with it. Is that outdated information?
Does not require any proof of funds. If your partner is from a country that doesn't need a visa to travel to Canada (eg UK) then he doesn't need a visa. If he is from a country that does need a visa (eg Pakistan) he does. In either event, they've probably done it right from the passport request/COPR issuance a couple of weeks ago.

SRafiq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2016
Manchester
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2017
Nomination.....
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
27-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-07-2017
Passport Req..
24-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
17-04-2018
AmyR said:
Can u try calling CIC agents up and asking them to help?

meanwhile pray and pray it is not in london... trust me right now noone would want their files to go there considering how painfully slow they have become in 2017.
London seems to have a heavy workload and perhaps the high cost of living is off-putting so might be under-staffed?

The only overseas office it could be in is London as even if they took into account my wife's birth-country it would still be London. :(

Going to try a call on Tuesday to the agents and maybe a complaint to the consul (for what that's worth).

jenniqua81

Jun 16, 2016
Bcboundboy said:
Does not require any proof of funds. If your partner is from a country that doesn't need a visa to travel to Canada (eg UK) then he doesn't need a visa. If he is from a country that does need a visa (eg Pakistan) he does. In either event, they've probably done it right from the passport request/COPR issuance a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks so much for the reply. It sounds like it'll be pretty straight forward for him when he lands then :)

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Jason12345 said:
Dont think any applications will be processed today on either side of the pond.
Today is a holiday of govt institutions (Easter Monday).

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
londonbloke97886 said:
Returned home to a 'while you were out' Royal Mail thingie which I'm presuming is my COPR? Do they send it signed for?
Yep, that'll be your COPR! Congrats! :)

SRafiq said:
As I've not received even a AOR - never mind a SA I put in a case enquiry and got this back
So I informed that have checked all SPAM boxes and nothing by post either and got this
Bizarre.

I'm assuming they've sent it to London but no idea how to contact that office. Wondering if I should contact the consular office to help?

I've tried the myCIC linking but struggled without the application number to get linking.

This is frustrating really.
Info on contacting London is in the FAQ linked in my signature, definitely drop them a line (email or CSE) and see if you can work out what's going on. Something funky for sure. IF you don't get a satisfactory answer back then it'll be time to get your MP involved. (I know you are in the UK; contact the one who represents your target area, or if your other half has family in Canada, use theirs.)

rwgs811 said:
COPR confirmed on 07/04/17.
Congrats, updated!

jenniqua81 said:
Hi there,

Just an update for @jenniqua81 for the 2016 spreadsheet.

We received COPR in the post on April 3rd.

I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me....

When my partner comes back into Canada does he need anything other than his COPR letter and passport?

Many thanks!
Awesome, congrats!

Read these wiki links, they will answer all your questions:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#My_COPR_says_that_I_have_to_be_able_to_provide_proof_of_funds.2C_if_required._I_thought_family_class_didn.27t_have_any_fund_requirement.21
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#Landing

kmg756

Dec 14, 2016
There are a few things I hope someone can clarify??

1) My husband was asked to send his Police report on March 22nd. We uploaded everything on our account the next day. It has been almost a month and nothing has changed on our file? Has it taken this long for other people to hear back when uploading information?
2) We are confused how we will be notified if he is accepted or not. Some people said that he will receive it in the mail and other people have told me that it is all via email/CIC account.
3) He will be coming to Canada in two and a half weeks and staying in Canada to wait for his approval (If he is not accepted before May third). Does anyone know if he needs to have a return flight? as we do not want to buy a return flight (We thought he would have been accepted by now) we still don't want to have to buy a return flight. We were thinking of just having him get a visitor record for two months and hopefully we would be accepted by the time his visa record would run out.

Any more relevant information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
kmg756 said:
1) My husband was asked to send his Police report on March 22nd. We uploaded everything on our account the next day. It has been almost a month and nothing has changed on our file? Has it taken this long for other people to hear back when uploading information?
That's normal. They tend not to update until the next thing's needed, or whole thing is done.
2) We are confused how we will be notified if he is accepted or not. Some people said that he will receive it in the mail and other people have told me that it is all via email/CIC account.
ECAS will go "Decision Made", and then he will likely get an email (and message in myCIC asking for photocopy of passport bio page, photos, and a filled in annexe with height and eye colour. There's an outside possibility it will just be sent in the mail.
3) He will be coming to Canada in two and a half weeks and staying in Canada to wait for his approval (If he is not accepted before May third). Does anyone know if he needs to have a return flight? as we do not want to buy a return flight (We thought he would have been accepted by now) we still don't want to have to buy a return flight. We were thinking of just having him get a visitor record for two months and hopefully we would be accepted by the time his visa record would run out.
Biggest thing he needs is to update his address with CIC, because you don't want them mailing his COPR to the wrong country! :)

Return flights are often cheaper than one ways anyway, and can be useful to establish with CBSA intent to leave if no status change comes through before the visitor permit expires.

kmg756

Dec 14, 2016
Bcboundboy said:
That's normal. They tend not to update until the next thing's needed, or whole thing is done.ECAS will go "Decision Made", and then he will likely get an email (and message in myCIC asking for photocopy of passport bio page, photos, and a filled in annexe with height and eye colour. There's an outside possibility it will just be sent in the mail.Biggest thing he needs is to update his address with CIC, because you don't want them mailing his COPR to the wrong country! :)

Return flights are often cheaper than one ways anyway, and can be useful to establish with CBSA intent to leave if no status change comes through before the visitor permit expires.
Thanks,

When I log onto the CIC account and I click the Question mark beside "Final Decision" It says 'we have made a final decision on your application' But we haven't been notified what that decision is which is SUPER frustrating...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kmg756 said:
Thanks,

When I log onto the CIC account and I click the Question mark beside "Final Decision" It says 'we have made a final decision on your application' But we haven't been notified what that decision is which is SUPER frustrating...
i don't believe that question mark indicates a final decision has been made. i'm pretty sure it is "information only", meaning it explains what the "final decision" section/language means. if a decision had been made, the status itself would change to "Decision made", not "final decision" - unless they have changed the language recently.

kmg756

Dec 14, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
i don't believe that question mark indicates a final decision has been made. i'm pretty sure it is "information only", meaning it explains what the "final decision" section/language means. if a decision had been made, the status itself would change to "Decision made", not "final decision" - unless they have changed the language recently.
Its under my husbands CIC portal. where they send the messages to us for additional documents, etc. It is in a chart under "application details" and beside each section there is a question mark that you can click on for more information. Beside "Final Decision" I can click on the question mark and it states that there has been a decision made and they will let me know if we have been refused or not via a message in his account.

it follows:

Where is this application?

Application status
We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents
The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
Not applicable.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.