+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
nf01 said:
congrats timeline?
Have you got the hang of the spreadsheet? It's there to look at such things as people's timelines. Don't mean to sound rude ;D just not sure if you realise there is a spreadsheet with all of these details on it as others have already pointed out to you.

Also, you're not on the spreadsheet under November? If you were on it, you could compare yourself with where others are at in terms of being processed etc.

tunaeggs

Feb 27, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SchnookoLoly said:
tunaeggs -- wow, fast sponsor approval! Awesome that yoru app has gone to Ottawa as well, hopefully you get processed as quick as the others who have gone there! :)

WeeHippieElf -- congrats on landing, hope it all went smoothly! Welcome, eh!

cclondon -- congrats on DM! Yay!

All updated! :)
Thanks for the updated. We were not expecting the approval that fast and knock on wood that Ottawa continues their fast turn arounds. Signed on this week and it said May 19th for "In Process" on ECAS, so you can add that to the spreedsheet too.

In other news, IEC was approved for my partner. We added my partners name in January to the IEC pool, invited to apply beginning of may. Submitted all documents May 18th and was approved May 25th. Its been a lucky week! We can start working tomorrow (if he wanted to) but we have commitments until September...IEC was a back up incase we were not approved before September.

Best of luck everyone!

tunaeggs

Feb 27, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tunaeggs said:
Thanks for the updated. We were not expecting the approval that fast and knock on wood that Ottawa continues their fast turn arounds. Signed on this week and it said May 19th for "In Process" on ECAS, so you can add that to the spreedsheet too.

In other news, IEC was approved for my partner. We added my partners name in January to the IEC pool, invited to apply beginning of may. Submitted all documents May 18th and was approved May 25th. Its been a lucky week! We can start working tomorrow (if he wanted to) but we have commitments until September...IEC was a back up incase we were not approved before September.

Best of luck everyone!
My partner received an email yesterday with a UCI number and asking for him to confirm his mailing address as they needed to send documents. I signed on ECA and it says Decision Made. I'm I correct to say this is a good thing? We are very lucky and happy to have it finished but a little worried that this is a bad thing...thoughts anyone?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
tunaeggs said:
My partner received an email yesterday with a UCI number and asking for him to confirm his mailing address as they needed to send documents. I signed on ECA and it says Decision Made. I'm I correct to say this is a good thing? We are very lucky and happy to have it finished but a little worried that this is a bad thing...thoughts anyone?
perhaps they want to send your original documents back to you? if the applicant is from a visa exempt country, it might be your COPR coming through the mail. i don't see any reason to be worried. :)

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
sirs and madams, i have a cunning plan. if i mail LVO a batch of caffeinated cookies, they might work twice as fast!

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
PeterJ251 said:
Just looking on ECAS today being tuesday & saw "DECISION MADE" !!
Congrats! Really happy to see another October 2015 London applicant getting DM! Hope your COPR arrives quickly for you.

PeterJ251

Dec 2, 2015
Philippa said:
Congrats! Really happy to see another October 2015 London applicant getting DM! Hope your COPR arrives quickly for you.
Thanks! Seems like LVO has really picked up the pace this month.
At this rate, yours should only be another week or so to happen.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Can someone please add me to the spreadsheet?
<-- Info

tunaeggs

Feb 27, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More info to add to spreadsheet and need some advise... :eek:

In process of ECAS: May 19th, 2016
Decision Made: May 27th, 2016

We received an email yesterday asking to send 2 photos, a copy of the emailed letter (with Appendix A) and passport (or passport copy) to the London Office. We do not know if we should submit the passport or if we should submit a copy.

It is saying that a passport is required to be submitted if a visa is needed to enter Canada. As my partner is a UK citizen he does not need a visa to enter Canada only but the link (below) to check obviously shows the ETA (Electronic Transit Authorization). This is what the email said:

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at: w w w.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas . asp

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
- Please provide your valid passport or travel document and a valid passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
-Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.

My question is... is the ETA considered a visa?

Thoughts?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Landing_PR - just need to know where you are located, then you can be added to the spreadsheet.

tunaeggs - congrats! As said above, just a passport copy. :)

PeterJ - updated, congrats!

tunaeggs

Feb 27, 2016
London, UK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
No, the eTA is not a visa. You only need to send a copy of the passport.
SchnookoLoly said:
tunaeggs - congrats! As said above, just a passport copy. :)
Thanks so much for the confirmation SchnookoLoly and cancuk_in_uk! Cannot believe how fast it was for us. Best of luck for everyone waiting. Keep your heads up! ;D

Nimtang1

Nov 8, 2015
could the spreadsheet be updated please.

SA approved 12th April.
Processing office London
In Process 21st April

Many thanks

Nim