+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
byron86 said:
Status update

Decision made 16th March

I received a final request email and was requested to send a photocopy of my passport along with 2 passport photos.

Does anyone know if this is a good sign????
Do you mind sharing your timeline? Congrats btw :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Okay, all of the below posts have finally been updated on the spreadsheet, sorry for being so far behind on it.

For those asking about passport requests, CIC often (but not always) requests a photocopy of your ENTIRE passport, including all blank pages, before they issue COPR. You don't send a full passport copy with your application, only just the bio data page. So that's what PPR is referring to. For people who require visas for Canada (India, Pakistan, Brazil, etc) CIC will request the physical passport as they actually put a visa inside the passport. Visa-exempt applicants (UK, most of Europe, USA, etc) are only requested to send a copy of their full passport.

Blibblobblib said:
Thats great thank you.

Just to clear some things up though, it is a Marriage application, not common law. And London is my current location. And lastly, the letter was from the case processing centre in Mississauga, but it says my application has been forwarded to the visa office in London.

Thanks!
snowy2015 said:
Awesome to find someone with practically the same timeline as me. My status also went in process on Jan 7th, but I haven't had any request so far. :/ ...wondering if that's good or bad.
Abydos said:
Hi SchnookoLoly - a spreadsheet update please :)

Decision made :D! Probably on 12th of March but I didn't check ECAS yesterday.

File went in process on 14th of January
It took a while for them to show medical results received (not until Friday) but then got decision made right after and no communication from them so we're assuming it's a positive decision. My medical was expiring on 12th of March so maybe that affected things? (though the spreadsheet has an error and says May).

Thanks!
Charno said:
AOR received by email today (March 15th)!
(Application was received by CPC-Mississauga on February 3rd.)

Hoping that all of you who are waiting get some news soon! ;)
Idhadda said:
Hi,

Not sure if I believe this but had an email today asking for submission of passport (photocopy I presume as UK citizen), along with 2 passport photos.....

Is this confirmation of decision made!???

(In shock so just want to make sure)
Barrie Bound said:
Spreadsheet Update:

ECAS changed today to.............Decision Made!!!!!!!!!

Only taken 19 months
Philippa said:
I'm confused as to why we get requested for PPR when we send photocopies of our passport with our PR application?
JayneC said:
Hello

Can we be added to the spreadsheet please.

Medical done: 31/12/2015
Application received in Miss.: 15/02/2016
Acknowledgment of Receipt by email: 18/03/2016

We are married. I am located in London, UK and am a British citizen. My husband is located in Calgary and is a Canadian citizen.

Thanks very much!
byron86 said:
Status update

Decision made 16th March

I received a final request email and was requested to send a photocopy of my passport along with 2 passport photos.

Does anyone know if this is a good sign????

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Okay, all of the below posts have finally been updated on the spreadsheet, sorry for being so far behind on it.

For those asking about passport requests, CIC often (but not always) requests a photocopy of your ENTIRE passport, including all blank pages, before they issue COPR. You don't send a full passport copy with your application, only just the bio data page. So that's what PPR is referring to. For people who require visas for Canada (India, Pakistan, Brazil, etc) CIC will request the physical passport as they actually put a visa inside the passport. Visa-exempt applicants (UK, most of Europe, USA, etc) are only requested to send a copy of their full passport.
Thanks for this SchnookkoLoly. That makes perfect sense now regarding the photocopy of the entire passport. I have mixed up my visitor visa extension applications and IEC applications with my PR application and forgot that the PR application only requested the bio data page. With my other applications I have had to submit any pages with stamps on also. Interesting to find out that at the PPR stage they request blank pages also. Guess that is the entire passport! Again, thanks for your excellent feedback.

DMinty

Apr 30, 2013
Chilliwack, BC (Canada)
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2017
Hi, can you please re - add me to the spreadsheet for 2016? you will find my last entry on the 2015 sheet under inactive members AndrewBrit made me inactive due to DM refusal, we have now since reapplied under spousal sponsorship after getting married in January 2016

Married
Date Application received in Mississauga: 21st March 2016
Meds done 27th February 2016
current location: London UK

Will update you when we get any further

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Do Outland applicants need to write 'Outland' on any envelopes etc? Or can CIC work it out from the forms submitted?

And I posted about payment a few days ago but it got lost in the above questions - when it asks where you are when making a payment does this need to be UK or Canada. (In Canada as a visitor but applying Outland)

Thanks, much appreciated.

Abydos

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
with SA 11-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 06-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
My COPR arrived yesterday!

Going to cross the border and make a trip of it over the Easter weekend.

I don't know whether I need B4 forms. I shipped all my stuff to Canada Already (I'm here on IEC visa). I will just bring all the paperwork I have for that with me and a copy of the B4 form just in case. Trying to find out with CBSA on the phone if I need to redeclare isn't worth the effort!

Abydos

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
with SA 11-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
JamesBox said:
Do Outland applicants need to write 'Outland' on any envelopes etc? Or can CIC work it out from the forms submitted?

And I posted about payment a few days ago but it got lost in the above questions - when it asks where you are when making a payment does this need to be UK or Canada. (In Canada as a visitor but applying Outland)

Thanks, much appreciated.
You can write 'outland' on the envelope if you like (I think we did) but even if you don't they will know you want to apply outland because the inland and outland forms are different and I think the address you send the forms to are different too.

As for payment, put down wherever you are - so yes Canada

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i heard that processing time has been increased due to Syrian Refugees ?

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Abydos said:

I don't know whether I need B4 forms. I shipped all my stuff to Canada Already (I'm here on IEC visa). I will just bring all the paperwork I have for that with me and a copy of the B4 form just in case. Trying to find out with CBSA on the phone if I need to redeclare isn't worth the effort!
Spreadsheet updated, congratulations

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
DMinty said:
Hi, can you please re - add me to the spreadsheet for 2016? you will find my last entry on the 2015 sheet under inactive members AndrewBrit made me inactive due to DM refusal, we have now since reapplied under spousal sponsorship after getting married in January 2016

Married
Date Application received in Mississauga: 21st March 2016
Meds done 27th February 2016
current location: London UK

Will update you when we get any further
Added to the spreadsheet, good luck!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Abydos said:

Where are you going to be crossing . If you have declared it once you don't need to declare again if you stuff is already here . B4 forms are for items that you are bringing into the country GOODS TO FOLLOW.

Abydos

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
with SA 11-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
taffy7 said:
Where are you going to be crossing . If you have declared it once you don't need to declare again if you stuff is already here . B4 forms are for items that you are bringing into the country GOODS TO FOLLOW.
Thanks Taffy. I was told by CBSA when I declared them I would need to inform CBSA when I became a PR (though whether that's correct or not...). I shall ignore the B4 now though thanks.

Not sure where I'll be crossing as we haven't decided what we're doing. Either go to Montreal and then we'll flagpole on one of the crossings between Kingston and Montreal or we may fly down to the US for the long weekend. We want to visit the area soon and I won't be able to fly down while I'm waiting for my PR card! Though I see the processing time has improved lots.

Philippa

Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Doc's Request.
19-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
File Transfer...
Sent to London from Mississauga 07-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Abydos said:
Congratulations Abydos!

I've seen comments in the past saying that Ottawa is slow but the spreadsheet would definitely argue otherwise. Seems like November Ottawa applicants are being processed faster than September and Octobers.

I'm also already in Canada but have never filled out a B4? I've only brought suitcases of my clothes though. And I don't plan to ship anything over from the UK so is that irrelevant to me?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Philippa said:
Congratulations Abydos!

I've seen comments in the past saying that Ottawa is slow but the spreadsheet would definitely argue otherwise. Seems like November Ottawa applicants are being processed faster than September and Octobers.

I'm also already in Canada but have never filled out a B4? I've only brought suitcases of my clothes though. And I don't plan to ship anything over from the UK so is that irrelevant to me?
Ottawa used to be pretty much the same speed as London, but they seem to be picking it back up again in terms of speed, so we'll see what happens with a few more approvals coming through and go from there.

You only need a B4 when you are landing, and you haven't landed yet, but if you don't have anything following then you likely won't need it. You don't need to bring it with you anyway, the officer will fill it out. YOu do need a goods to follow and goods accompanying, but since everything is already in Canada you should be fine.

Beckyh

Dec 4, 2015
Hello, had a decision made within ECAS :) However no more information is available other than 'DM', also not had any email to state DM - is this normal? I think the DM date was around 16/3.

Submitted my application on Dec 2.

Assume I now just wait for my COPR?