+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

lilianboard

Member
Jun 30, 2015
15
0
Vancouver Island
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/06/2014
AOR Received.
18/09/14
Med's Done....
03/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/15
LANDED..........
28/08/15
Hi andrew-brit. Thanks for adding me. My location is London (but am waiting it out on Vancouver Island with my better half. I will go back when/if anything happens, hopefully soon :D This is a great site, well done
 

kasiap

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
52
0
120
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Lomdon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21July 2014
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
9 Sep 2014 sponsorship approval
Med's Request
17 July 2015
Med's Done....
March 2014 / July 22 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made Sept 21 2015 :)
taffy7 said:
Its been 7 months from my last visit to the U.K. and it was for my mothers funeral . We have been flying back and fourth for 4 years. Never though my application would have been this long. We applied last April 2014. Its a huge risk to just pack up and come. My husband has to give up our house,his job and wait it out here with no work or income. It was not a light heart decisions and if his application is denied we have to pack up go back to the U.K without any jobs or home.

However i do feel your pain being pregnant and your husband from a non visa exempt country.
Taffy you think your application still could be denied after such a long time of waiting? I think they would tell you already if there is something wrong... Hope you guys get together soon! I'm fallowing your posts since first day here as you were the first one giving me an advice :) and it's too long!!
 

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
1,529
74
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
lilianboard said:
Hi andrew-brit. Thanks for adding me. My location is London (but am waiting it out on Vancouver Island with my better half. I will go back when/if anything happens, hopefully soon :D This is a great site, well done
Added!
 

twosteps

Newbie
Jul 10, 2015
5
0
Hi all,

New here, and was hoping to be added to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga May 4, 2015
Started processing May 29, 2015
Accepted as sponsor July 2, 2015

We are common-law, and live in the UK.

I also have a question about the letter that we received about the sponsor being accepted. In the letter it states...

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

We sent an e-medical barcode receipt in with the application. Could anyone please advise as to what we should do next about this?
Thanks for any help, and I apologize if this has been answered before. I did look around the forums for an answer but there seems to be a few differing opinions!
 

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
68
1
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
twosteps said:
Hi all,


I also have a question about the letter that we received about the sponsor being accepted. In the letter it states...

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

We sent an e-medical barcode receipt in with the application. Could anyone please advise as to what we should do next about this?
Thanks for any help, and I apologize if this has been answered before. I did look around the forums for an answer but there seems to be a few differing opinions!
I think this is a standard letter, we had the same. I think if you have already sent it, then you don't have to do anything ( except wait) ☺
 

brucem

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2014
570
37
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd write a quick landing story. After 7 hours on a plane with a 19 month old we were a bit shattered but we seemed to hit it lucky as we arrived in Pearson terminal 1 about 11am. By the time we toddled along with the wee one there wasn't a single person in the arrivals hall. The CBSA agent we dealt with wasn't overly friendly and seemed a bit confused by my COPR but we were directed to secondary which was also empty and after 10 minutes and no questions we signed the forms and were on our way. We had prepared our B4 and B4a forms in advance which was really appreciated by the agent. He took a quick look, stamped them and was the only person to say congratulations! (No flag which other people got!). Couldn't get my SIN number as the office was closed so off to a service Canada centre next week.

All in all it was really straightforward and we're enjoying the sunny Toronto weather so far! I hope things pick up in the London office I feel for everyone and the frustration with this process.
 

warzo

Hero Member
Aug 4, 2014
701
15
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Congratulations. Glad this is over for you now :)

brucem said:
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd write a quick landing story. After 7 hours on a plane with a 19 month old we were a bit shattered but we seemed to hit it lucky as we arrived in Pearson terminal 1 about 11am. By the time we toddled along with the wee one there wasn't a single person in the arrivals hall. The CBSA agent we dealt with wasn't overly friendly and seemed a bit confused by my COPR but we were directed to secondary which was also empty and after 10 minutes and no questions we signed the forms and were on our way. We had prepared our B4 and B4a forms in advance which was really appreciated by the agent. He took a quick look, stamped them and was the only person to say congratulations! (No flag which other people got!). Couldn't get my SIN number as the office was closed so off to a service Canada centre next week.

All in all it was really straightforward and we're enjoying the sunny Toronto weather so far! I hope things pick up in the London office I feel for everyone and the frustration with this process.
 

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
1,147
78
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
twosteps said:
Hi all,

New here, and was hoping to be added to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga May 4, 2015
Started processing May 29, 2015
Accepted as sponsor July 2, 2015

We are common-law, and live in the UK.

I also have a question about the letter that we received about the sponsor being accepted. In the letter it states...

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

We sent an e-medical barcode receipt in with the application. Could anyone please advise as to what we should do next about this?
Thanks for any help, and I apologize if this has been answered before. I did look around the forums for an answer but there seems to be a few differing opinions!
I agree with NVJ, if you did your medical up front then just hang out and it should be fine. You should see "medical results have been received" on your ECAS at some point in the next few months.

For the spreadsheet, what's your nearest city, and which office is processing your application? (The address of the office would have been on your sponsor approval letter.) Post that and then andrew or I will add you!
 

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
86
1
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
twosteps said:
Hi all,

New here, and was hoping to be added to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga May 4, 2015
Started processing May 29, 2015
Accepted as sponsor July 2, 2015

We are common-law, and live in the UK.

I also have a question about the letter that we received about the sponsor being accepted. In the letter it states...

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy
of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

We sent an e-medical barcode receipt in with the application. Could anyone please advise as to what we should do next about this?
Thanks for any help, and I apologize if this has been answered before. I did look around the forums for an answer but there seems to be a few differing opinions!
Hi twosteps

I didnt get the letter you got but noticed that ecas did not update with medicals received after a few months and chased this up with LVO. They replied telling me they had not received the Medicals and had no record of this being submitted even though they were submitted with application.

I then forwarded them a copy of the medical result and ecas was updated. I have since received my notes which showed that there was some problem encountered by CIC in scanning the medical results when they received my application in November 2014.

So you could wait it out but you could also forward them the medical result with the barcode. No harm in that, just to make sure they do receive it. I sent mine using the case specify enquiry and uploaded the copy.

All the best
 

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
68
1
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
Sibby said:
Hi twosteps

I didnt get the letter you got but noticed that ecas did not update with medicals received after a few months and chased this up with LVO. They replied telling me they had not received the Medicals and had no record of this being submitted even though they were submitted with application.

I then forwarded them a copy of the medical result and ecas was updated. I have since received my notes which showed that there was some problem encountered by CIC in scanning the medical results when they received my application in November 2014.

So you could wait it out but you could also forward them the medical result with the barcode. No harm in that, just to make sure they do receive it. I sent mine using the case specify enquiry and uploaded the copy.

All the best
ooh, this is good to know because ecas is not showing medicals received and it's been nearly 3 months since we got SA. Perhaps I should contact LVO to chase it up. Is a case specific enquiry the best way to do that? Have other people who received SA in late April had their Ecas updated yet?
 

saiviira

Member
Jun 18, 2015
16
0
NVJ said:
ooh, this is good to know because ecas is not showing medicals received and it's been nearly 3 months since we got SA. Perhaps I should contact LVO to chase it up. Is a case specific enquiry the best way to do that? Have other people who received SA in late April had their Ecas updated yet?
Hi,

I had my medical recieved even before SA. At the same time I got my application case number. Now I'm waiting to see what's the decision. :)

But anyway you can call them and make sure every thinb is ok.
 

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
1,147
78
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Worth doing a case-specific inquiry to chase the medical, NVJ. Contact info for London is linked in the FAQ in my signature. One of the last questions.
 

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
2,483
68
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
kasiap said:
Taffy you think your application still could be denied after such a long time of waiting? I think they would tell you already if there is something wrong... Hope you guys get together soon! I'm fallowing your posts since first day here as you were the first one giving me an advice :) and it's too long!!

Thank you for your best wishes . You never know with CIC . At the moment their are many of us in the same boat,so i'm not so worried.
 
Jan 23, 2015
15
0
Hi,

Quick update on our situation, kinda joining sibby on this one.

Me, my husband and our 5 month old daughter will be flying to Canada this Wednesday and waiting out the visa there. My husband will become a full time dad at home while i go back to work in Canada. Lucky for me my mother has agreed for us to stay there while my husbands visa gets finished. We have some savings with us and finding a job in Canada isn't very to hard now a days. Hopefully Ottawa will speed things up and the wait wouldn't be to long.

My daughter has a Canadian passport and me and my husband has an Uk passport(my Canadian expired), we have booked an open return ticket aswell so we don't get red flagged going through the boarder and then just refund it once my husbands visa gets sorted.

I am very lucky to still have family in Canada that can help us out and means we can still be togther and semi start our new life other there. Fingers crossed and all the best wishes for people still waiting and defo the people waiting a year plus! looking at you Taffy

Much love Cassandra
 

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
165
6
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Well, I've now officially joined the +1 year club... :(

My medical expires today too, I have no idea if they will extend it or not. I am just over a month into implied visitor status as the processing times for the extension just keep going up and up!

This feels like a never ending process right now, I won't know what to do with myself if it ever happens and I am no longer living in a constant state of stress and limbo!! Good times