+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Holy crap, a post from someone who has done research! And has specific questions! Oh my god! I love you!

:)

Ahem. Moving on.

pbandj said:
Hi,

I've been following this forum for the last couple of months as I put my application together but this is my first post and I'm hoping for a bit of advice.

I'm British and applying for spousal sponsorship (common-law) through my partner (Australian with Canadian PR) and we're currently living in BC. I've been in Canada since Nov 2012 on working holiday visas but have been on a visitor visa since Nov 2014 when they ran out. I've been tracking the spreadsheet and am fairly hopeful that the total processing time would be around 7-8 months for my PR via the OUTLAND process through London (or better yet if it stayed in Mississauga or Ottawa). I've prepared the Outland pack and I was going to send it off in the next week or so. We had a quick consultation this week with the immigration lawyer who processed my partner's application when he applied for PR and she seemed very against the idea of the Outland route based on the official times on the CIC for London. I've explained this forum and spreadsheet with the tracking but understandably she has to quote the official processing times. Her advice is to change the application pack to an Inland one so that I can get the open work permit in approximately 4-5 months and then start working again while I wait the 2 years to get PR. I, however, am tempted to send my application in as an Outland package and wait to see whether it stays in Canada and gets processed quickly or gets sent to London where the wait times are longer as shown in the spreadsheet but not as long as the official 29 months.

My question is, if I wait for stage 1 (around 62 days) and see that it gets sent to London, am I able to cancel the application (losing just the $75 application fee) and then reapplying via the Inland route to get my open work permit within 4-5 months? I know I'd waste 2 months this way but having not worked since November, I don't want to be in the situation where I potentially have to wait over a year to get my PR to start working again when I could have had an open work permit for the majority of that time. Is it worth the gamble as it's a lottery whether your application gets sent to London or not? Are they more likely to keep it in Canada if I'm living here now and all our addresses are Canadian? I'm aware of the other pros and cons of Inland vs. Outland (being called for an interview in London, risk not being able to re-enter the country if I leave, not being able to appeal a rejection etc).

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated as I'm now totally unsure what to do, having previously been sure that the Outland route was the best for me.

Apologies for the long post

Thanks! :)
So you've pretty well hit the nail on the head with everything. I think your main question is just about what to do about withdrawing the application.

First, youl'l need to consider some things like the delay wouldn't be just the two months you'd lose. You'd have to reapply for new police certificates as well, so that adds another month, plus, assuming that you'd need some info back from th eoriginal application, you'd have to wait for your app to be returned from London, which I'd think would also take another month. So you realistically your delay is probably more like 4 months total.

So let's say you apply in July, you'll get SA in September, and your file goes to London. You probably would have your PR through in May-June next year.

If you withdraw in September, you'd probably not reapply until November, then 4ish months to get your OWP (and it might be longer - not everyone has gotten their OWP in 4 months, some are coming up on 5), means you would be working in March-ish.

So it's really a question of 3ish months difference... depending on how fast your OWP comes, or how fast your PR would come through from London.

Either of those factors could happen faster or slower than the average. (hence, average!)

There's also the cost factor. I think you would also have to pay the sponsorship fee again, it's not just the $75 fee you'd have to pay twice... I'm not certain of that. But there's also the other fees like the police certificates again, postage, and so on.

I think ultimately it's going to come down to which one you are more comfortable doing. If it were me, I'd be going outland. But that's just me. :)

And petitepoutine brings up a good point about citizenship as well - outland gets you on the citizenship track way faster.

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
I would defintately do the outland route. Like the above you save a few months but it's a huge gamble.
At the moment more are being held in Canada than sent to London anyway so chances are you'll get the faster route unless their back log builds up massively.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pbandj said:
We had a quick consultation this week with the immigration lawyer who processed my partner's application when he applied for PR and she seemed very against the idea of the Outland route based on the official times on the CIC for London.

My question is, if I wait for stage 1 (around 62 days) and see that it gets sent to London, am I able to cancel the application (losing just the $75 application fee) and then reapplying via the Inland route to get my open work permit within 4-5 months? I know I'd waste 2 months this way
If this lawyer can't understand what the "80% processing time" concept means (namely, it means that 79% are processed faster than that) and insists on quoting the posted times as accurate for all apps AND has no idea about the Islamabad transfer causing the London times to increase....well, this is not a person that you want to be taking advice from.

As said above, you'd lose more than 2 months with the extra time to redo PCCs etc. It would not be worth it to withdraw and re-apply inland.

Stick with outland.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Just to add to what everyone else was saying about outland if you are lucky enough to be one of those whose application gets kept in Mississagua for the whole process rather than being sent to London you could have your PR in as little as 4-5 months. Some of those who applied in December 2014 already have their COPR.

Ron321

Apr 14, 2015
Hi guys.. LVO requested new PCC and new updated forms from me on 24th March 2015 and They received my PCC and Forms on 15th April 2015. My ecas says "IN PROCESS". Can anyone tell me how much time do they normally take to make it "DESION MADE". ??? And will i get COPR first or Status will change on ecas first??

THank u..

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
All answered in faq linked in my signature.

pbandj

Apr 24, 2015
Thanks everyone for your advice. It's true, I'd lose so many months if I were to cancel the Outland application and reapply Inland. Having gone through the process of getting PR, I'd like to convert it to Citizenship as soon as possible so Outland is my best option all around. My application pack is almost ready so I'm going to send it in next week and cross my fingers! I'll update you with my timeline once I know it's been received. Thanks again :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
pbandj said:
Having gone through the process of getting PR, I'd like to convert it to Citizenship as soon as possible so Outland is my best option all around.
Just in case you don't know, it will be at least 4 years after you land as a PR before you qualify to apply for citizenship and most likely another year (at least) after that for the app to be approved.

Sar03

Feb 17, 2015
This is probably not the best place to ask this but I am looking for a confirmation before I go through this again without making anymore mistakes.

I am trying to order GCMS notes. I have applied online through the CIC website. I have also sent the receipt for the payment, the signed consent form from my husband (IMM5475E), my passport copy to show I am a Canadian citizen to atip-aiprp@cic.gc.ca.

I received this reply:
"I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason(s):

Please submit a new request under the Access to Information Act, along with an application fee of $5.00, through an individual who has right of access. Your written consent authorizing him/her to receive your personal information is required."

Any suggestion on what am I doing wrong.
My apologies in advance for posting a somewhat irrelevant subject on this thread.

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
Hiya just an update for the spreadsheet. Recieved AOR 25th April :)

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
Hi all,

I am putting together the supporting documents for my application (i am Canadian, my common law partner is UK), and need some help:
Under Sponsored person and family members, # 25. Proof of relationship to sponsor, it says refer to immigrants guide (which I did)--In the immigrants guide under section 10, proof of relationship to sponsor it says:
"Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing."

Question: What do they mean by "statutory declarations", is there a specific form? Or can it be two letters from two different people we know stating that our relationship is genuine and continuing.

???? thanks

Dango

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
9-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
16-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
19-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
22-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-May-2015
Hi! Does anyone know if the London office is fast at sending out COPR?

And maybe if anyone would like to add us to the London spreadsheet even though our app got held in Mississauga. :-X

Dec 23, 2014
Dango said:

And maybe if anyone would like to add us to the London spreadsheet even though our app got held in Mississauga. :-X
Hey, looking at your timeline in your sig. You have already had the passport request and you send your app in February? That's amazing!

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Sar03 said:
This is probably not the best place to ask this but I am looking for a confirmation before I go through this again without making anymore mistakes.

I am trying to order GCMS notes. I have applied online through the CIC website. I have also sent the receipt for the payment, the signed consent form from my husband (IMM5475E), my passport copy to show I am a Canadian citizen to atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca.

I received this reply:
"I regret to inform you that we are unable to process your request for the following reason(s):

Please submit a new request under the Access to Information Act, along with an application fee of $5.00, through an individual who has right of access. Your written consent authorizing him/her to receive your personal information is required."

My apologies in advance for posting a somewhat irrelevant subject on this thread.
Any Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident can request online on behalf of anyone (Fee5$)
arrange 4 things first:

1. Scan of PR card or PassPort scan
2. Credit card
3. Scanned Consent form of release of info signed by your spouse

here is link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf

To Fill Form :
The form updated in Oct 2014, so here is the new method to fill it.

Section A will have principal applicant's name (the one who is being sponsored from pk)
section A will have principal applicant's signature as well

Section B will have Sponsor's name (the one who is in Canada)
section B will have Canadian Sponsor's signature as well

Section C will also have Sponsor's name (the one who is in Canada)
on section C
ICCRC number
Business or organization name both spaces will have
N/A written if you applied your spousal case without any lawyer

Section C:(4) : Check the e-mail Box

Put N/A in Section D

Sponsor and Principal Applicant will only have to fill one IMM5744E form and both will sign the same form
principal applicant's should fill/print/sign/scan and e-mail it to Canadian Sponsor who will print/sign/scan ad upload it on Atip Website

4. copy of passport of your spouse
go to the website;
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
accept all
under
"*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request."
Select:
Citizenship and immigration Canada

Fill your information (Not your spouse or for whom you are getting gcms notes)

Under
*Are you requesting information on your own behalf?
Select: NO

Under
*Select the category that best describes you.
Select: Member of public

Under:
*How would you prefer to receive the requested records?
Select: Email

On next page

Under
*Please select the Act under which you are submitting the request.
Select: Access of Information Act

Under
*Which type of records do you wish to request?
Select: Case Files

and then fill your spouse name file no. etc.
Attach consent form and your PR Card scan copy and scan copy of your spouse.
pay the 5$ fee
30-35 days you will get CAIPS notes in your email:

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Sar03 said:

I am trying to order GCMS notes. I have applied online through the CIC website. I have also sent the receipt for the payment, the signed consent form from my husband (IMM5475E), my passport copy to show I am a Canadian citizen to atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca.

I received this reply:

As others said, you have to apply through the note ordering website, not by just sending an email. Just google "GCMS Notes Canada" and it should take you straight to the page where you order the notes and pay your $5.

DPParmar said:
Hiya just an update for the spreadsheet. Recieved AOR 25th April :)
Updated, thanks!

janicenewk said:
Hi all,

I am putting together the supporting documents for my application (i am Canadian, my common law partner is UK), and need some help:
Under Sponsored person and family members, # 25. Proof of relationship to sponsor, it says refer to immigrants guide (which I did)--In the immigrants guide under section 10, proof of relationship to sponsor it says:
"Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing."

Question: What do they mean by "statutory declarations", is there a specific form? Or can it be two letters from two different people we know stating that our relationship is genuine and continuing.

???? thanks
Last bullet point in the Scrutiny section explains it: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Scrutiny

Dango said:

Re: COPR, look at the spreadsheet. That's the easiest way to answer your question. There's a column for Decision Made (or PPR), then a column for "Date COPR received in post". That is your answer. :)

Need to know if you are married/common-law, and where you are located, then I'll add you to the spreadsheet.