+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CattAdams

Mar 23, 2011
Dover, England - Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
09-01-2011 (ecas)
File Transfer...
04-03-2011
Med's Done....
19-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011 (Count down on)
Individuallikeeveryone - if ecas updated to decision made at the end of February, according to your time line, they only received your application at the beginning of February. Isn't less than a month a bit quick for them to make a decision? My application has been in London for over 10 weeks. Have you contacted them in the last 3 months? When my husband got approved to sponsor me and ecas updated he phoned them and asked what the decision was and they told him he'd been approved - he didn't get the letter until 3 weeks later. I'm definitely contacting them after 2 weeks if I haven't heard anything. Hope you hear something soon. :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
hheather_hh said:
Thanks pinklady, at least I know now that it's ok if I don't hear for anything for a while!
No problem. I would expect to hear something from them around mid June.
I know from experience, the wait is agonising.
Have patience and Good luck!!!

nicolapeeling

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
31-10-2011
Wow Pinklady yout time-line is fantatic! Im hoping that ours will go quickly, London received Lukes application on the 12th of May, and they have the medical report...and we paid everything upfront, so im hoping that they wont keep us waiting too long!! How long did it take after the passport request, to get it back??

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
It took forever!! What seemed like forever!
I posted it to London from Canada on Feb 28th and got it back on April 8th, almost 6 weeks! There is another girl here in Canada who got PPR same day as me and her passport took almost 7 weeks to come back. If you are in UK and you can make the trip to London to hand deliver your passport, I highly recommend it, if only for piece of mind!
Good luck with everything!!

nicolapeeling

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
16-05-2011
File Transfer...
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
12-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
31-10-2011
yea we are in th UK to make sure everything goes all ok, and as soon as my hubby gets the call about sending up his passport, we will take it in, in person. We want to fly over to Toronto on the 2nd November so I hope its all sorted by then!!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi Everyone.

I have recieved an email from London office and its says:

"Pursuant to your application for permanent residence in Canada, it has been determined by a visa officer that a personal interview is required. The purpose of this interview is to determine whether you meet the criteria for admission to Canada in the category in which you have applied"

So they have called me for the interview. Does anyone have any idea why they have called me for the interview? Now the problem is that i am in Canada for Visiting and my UK visa has expired and i cant go back to UK.

Please can someone give me any suggestion as i am extremly worried on this they also said this:

"You must confirm your attendance to the scheduled interview date. Please confirm your attendance by reply e-mail. If there is a strong reason why you are unable to attend your scheduled interview, please provide full details. A second, and final, interview will be scheduled for you in approximately three months from the date of your first interview. If you fail to attend this second interview, for whatever reason, your application will be refused."

Please please help...

Naz

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
yea we are in th UK to make sure everything goes all ok, and as soon as my hubby gets the call about sending up his passport, we will take it in, in person. We want to fly over to Toronto on the 2nd November so I hope its all sorted by then!!
I reckon you will be done by August.

I made a london spreadsheet and at the bottom it shows the average number of days to complete the application process. Its around 106 days at the moment, from filing with Mississauga to PPR. That puts your PPR around mid July.

Would you still land in November even if the process was over way before then?

Anyway, best of luck!!! :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Is there anyone who can help me plz ?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I wish I could.
Is there away of extending your UK visa to attend the interview? Are you allowed to even visit UK without a visa?
When is the first interview date?

If there is a strong reason why you are unable to attend your scheduled interview, please provide full details.
If you cant enter the UK then you need to let them know asap.

Sorry I cant help you.

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
CattAdams said:
Individuallikeeveryone - if ecas updated to decision made at the end of February, according to your time line, they only received your application at the beginning of February. Isn't less than a month a bit quick for them to make a decision? My application has been in London for over 10 weeks. Have you contacted them in the last 3 months? When my husband got approved to sponsor me and ecas updated he phoned them and asked what the decision was and they told him he'd been approved - he didn't get the letter until 3 weeks later. I'm definitely contacting them after 2 weeks if I haven't heard anything. Hope you hear something soon. :)
e-CAS changed to DECISION MADE some time at the end of Feb. My status says received Feb 9th, started processing Feb 26th. I think I got alerted (by the e-CAS tracker) that it had changed to DM on Feb 28th. I don't understand my status either because they couldn't have processed my case completely in 2 days (Feb 26 - 28) and if it was a refusal surely it wouldn't take them 3 months to tell me.

I emailed London around May 6th to ask if it is possible my letter or email got lost and unfortunately I haven't heard back.

Amazing your husband managed to speak to someone at CIC. When you call again, would you mind asking about me please? ::)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey,

Mine started processing on Feb 26th and I got the PPR email on feb 28th.
When you call London can you not get through to anyone? Send an email using the online webform, I got a response from them, probably less than a week later.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/enquiry-how_demande-comment.aspx
0207 258 6600

You've probably tried all this already. But thought I'd say it anyway. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
Good luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
nazam80 said:
Hi Everyone.

"Pursuant to your application for permanent residence in Canada, it has been determined by a visa officer that a personal interview is required. The purpose of this interview is to determine whether you meet the criteria for admission to Canada in the category in which you have applied"

So they have called me for the interview. Does anyone have any idea why they have called me for the interview? Now the problem is that i am in Canada for Visiting and my UK visa has expired and i cant go back to UK.

Please can someone give me any suggestion as i am extremly worried on this they also said this:

"You must confirm your attendance to the scheduled interview date. Please confirm your attendance by reply e-mail. If there is a strong reason why you are unable to attend your scheduled interview, please provide full details. A second, and final, interview will be scheduled for you in approximately three months from the date of your first interview. If you fail to attend this second interview, for whatever reason, your application will be refused."

Please please help...

Naz
Hey Naz

Glad you've had some movement on your case. It sounds encouraging that after all this time you get to talk to someone face to face. Each time I've dealt with them I've been pleasantly surprised that they are actually normal people.

What a bummer that you've gotta go to London though. If you need a visa to go there, apply for one right away citing the reason and marking it as urgent. I've seen somewhere that the London CIC agents also travel to Ireland and (someone please correct me if this is wrong) Iceland to conduct interviews.

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
pinklady said:
Hey,

Mine started processing on Feb 26th and I got the PPR email on feb 28th.
When you call London can you not get through to anyone? Send an email using the online webform, I got a response from them, probably less than a week later.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/enquiry-how_demande-comment.aspx
0207 258 6600

You've probably tried all this already. But thought I'd say it anyway. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
Good luck and I hope you hear something soon.
I have emailed them already but not phoned them. If I don't hear anything tomorrow, I think I will call. Thanks for their number.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
No worries. The London offices seem to close early though. Make sure you call before 4pm UK time.
Good luck!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
nazam80 said:
Hi Everyone.

Please please help...

Naz
Contact them ASAP, there's no reason to think anything bad, explain your visa situation and follow their advice. Many people have interviews and they are fine. But as we know anything can happen when we apply and we know we are prepared to jump through hoops to make sure we follow the correct procedures.