+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the-fanatics said:
Hey nelly did buffalo mail your pp back yesterday? we submitted ours last week too and they have received it last wednesday but when we check the USPS tracking number it gives us nothing. Now we are gettnig worried.
Hi, Buffalo sent my pp back yesterday. I have been checking the USPS tracking number since they received my pp's and the number gave me nothing until I checked this morning. Just keep checking. As soon as it leaves Buffalo the information will appear on USPS.com. I actually didn't expect mine so quickly. I actually thought I wouldn't get it in time for my Christmas trip.

S

SaugaBoss

QCSunshine said:
This thread title said something about inlanders, but it discusses some temporary health insurance options which would be relevant for anyone awaiting PR while in Canada, whether applying inland or outland.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t56620.0.html
thanks for the link!

im just confused does this mean i can use these kind of insurances for trips to the doctor bc i am pregnant? like regular checkups ultra sounds etc?

and thanks for the wishes ;D i informed buffalo and they forwarded the message to some dept

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
So frustrated right now. Heard back from our MP, well, his assistant anyway who basically phoned me to yell at me, telling me that we should never have made an inquiry int he first place, that its in process, that everything always goes perfectly and there is never a need for MPs to get involved or make an inquiry with CIC, and that we shouldn't expect to hear anything until after February.... FEBRUARY!!!!

I regret even contacting them because now I'm afraid that by doing so, we've cost ourselves even more time because our MP's assistant is an outrageous bitch.

Meanwhile, our medicals expire at the end of this month, my visitor visa extension which we applied for back in July has long since gone by and who even knows whats going on with that.

This process has been so extremely frustrating and angering I can't even see straight and I'm about ready to just go back to the States and give up.

S

SaugaBoss

adetia9 said:
So frustrated right now. Heard back from our MP, well, his assistant anyway who basically phoned me to yell at me, telling me that we should never have made an inquiry int he first place, that its in process, that everything always goes perfectly and there is never a need for MPs to get involved or make an inquiry with CIC, and that we shouldn't expect to hear anything until after February.... FEBRUARY!!!!

I regret even contacting them because now I'm afraid that by doing so, we've cost ourselves even more time because our MP's assistant is an outrageous *censored word*.

Meanwhile, our medicals expire at the end of this month, my visitor visa extension which we applied for back in July has long since gone by and who even knows whats going on with that.

This process has been so extremely frustrating and angering I can't even see straight and I'm about ready to just go back to the States and give up.

wow! what a JERK! i would just suggest if the MP is not nice the first time go to another MP

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
SaugaBoss said:
thanks for the link!

im just confused does this mean i can use these kind of insurances for trips to the doctor bc i am pregnant? like regular checkups ultra sounds etc?

and thanks for the wishes ;D i informed buffalo and they forwarded the message to some dept
for the most part, temporary insurances will not cover you for pre-existing conditions such as pregnancy. they are more for emergencies that might arise - like, a car accident, or something similar.

In my case, as I arrived in BC 5 months pregnant (and had to wait 3 months for insurance coverage) - my midwives were happy to wait until my coverage kicked in to bill my insurance in one lump sum, instead of as they go along. I've had to pay for a few tests here and there out of pocket (blood tests mostly), but they haven't been too bad, really - maybe $120 total. Way less than it would be in the US. My medical coverage kicks in on Dec. 1st. Many doctors/midwives will have experience dealing with the 3-month waiting period, so you should be able to find someone who might be able to do something similar for you.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with minna that it seems most (if not all) of the temporary insurance plans refuse to cover pregnancy. Even if you weren't pregnant when you signed up. (At least the ones I talked with won't.) It's frustrating to not be able to even have the option for pregnancy coverage.

dhdesigns

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhdesigns said:
Thanks! We'll post when we receive it.......
............we received it! Landed Oct 11, PR card arrived by mail November 18......... ALL DONE!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
CANADA :)
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
adetia9 said:

I regret even contacting them because now I'm afraid that by doing so, we've cost ourselves even more time because our MP's assistant is an outrageous *censored word*.

OH ADETIA! That's EXACTLY HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW!!! Just got a letter from CIC. My grandmother had to read it to me over the phone since I am "visiting" in BC. ANYWAYS. I'm in a group of friends after dinner, and was all excited got on the phone in front of them and as she read the letter discussing the denial of my application I burst into tears!

I JUST contacted my MP this last Tuesday to see what was going on..and maybe we have the same lady, she scolded me for calling and treated me like I was an incompetent human being for even asking. SO RUDE!

So now what. I finally get settled up here, and this?! The good news is...I have 60 days to prove otherwise to the IO that the relationship is genuine, and that we meet the requirements. Which I thought the fact that I'm ready to be in school we've tried 3 times and I've been denied a trip longer than 2 weeks in Canada at a time because I dropped out of college and couldn't find a friggen job in Oregon's poor unemployment! It just erks me that all these other people are getting in. I've done everything legal. I sent in as much information as I could. I've opened bank accounts here, I showed our phone bills, all of our emails, letters from friends, my job offer, and all my ticket stubs, and a million and one photos. UGH.

Has anybody else received a letter like this? and for some reason my ECAS won't let me log in. I wanted to log in to see if it said decision made..but it won't let me log in. GAH! I'm soooo IRRITATED AND UPSET!!''

HELP. 60 days left..

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
and just to add how emotional I am...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
OH! and congratulations Sauga!! That is soo awesome!!! Maybe I'll get pregnant too and we can conquer Canada! And both being young and all, I think it might be possible! LOL

Dralon, I am sorry to hear about your wife and your troubles. It saddens me to hear that you have STILL not yet got an approval. We should revolt! Let's split up all the Buffalo IOs from their spouses and children and see how they like it! Hopefully soon enough. I'm hoping that I have what it takes to get this IO to see my relationship is real without being married. UGH!

kerianne

Jul 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2010
AOR Received.
August 6, 2010
File Transfer...
June 1, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 30, 2011
LANDED..........
April 29, 2011
Okay, this is my last post for tonight. Then I'm going to bed.
Instead of logging onto my "sponsor's" ECAS I logged into mine with my B# and it says in-process still.
0.o Big surprise there.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
kerianne said:
OH ADETIA! That's EXACTLY HOW I FEEL RIGHT NOW!!! Just got a letter from CIC. My grandmother had to read it to me over the phone since I am "visiting" in BC. ANYWAYS. I'm in a group of friends after dinner, and was all excited got on the phone in front of them and as she read the letter discussing the denial of my application I burst into tears!

I JUST contacted my MP this last Tuesday to see what was going on..and maybe we have the same lady, she scolded me for calling and treated me like I was an incompetent human being for even asking. SO RUDE!

So now what. I finally get settled up here, and this?! The good news is...I have 60 days to prove otherwise to the IO that the relationship is genuine, and that we meet the requirements. Which I thought the fact that I'm ready to be in school we've tried 3 times and I've been denied a trip longer than 2 weeks in Canada at a time because I dropped out of college and couldn't find a friggen job in Oregon's poor unemployment! It just erks me that all these other people are getting in. I've done everything legal. I sent in as much information as I could. I've opened bank accounts here, I showed our phone bills, all of our emails, letters from friends, my job offer, and all my ticket stubs, and a million and one photos. UGH.

Has anybody else received a letter like this? and for some reason my ECAS won't let me log in. I wanted to log in to see if it said decision made..but it won't let me log in. GAH! I'm soooo IRRITATED AND UPSET!!''

HELP. 60 days left..
Ok WOAH>>> back the bus up... YOU WERE DENIED? What post did I miss? Can you give more details about what happened? This is terrible.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
well i needed time to relax last night... i got so pissed off at Quebec immigration yesterday (all that for my csq problem).. now 2 days i called this week 2 different version.. version #1 we requested contact with Buffalo and they did not call us back

Version #2 we did not contact Buffalo, it's still not done because the department doing that is overloaded... >

aside that i had to fight with the latest because he was not listening to me, that he got me pissed off at one point that i raised my tone of voice but controlled my anger so he may pay attention to me (got a huge headache and no energy after that phone call)

However my wife faxed the csq to buffalo requesting an email confirmation they received it... i am fighting both immigrations... which sucks and now my MP representative started to say, to finish my case to to start or finish and now to say they may not have started at all... wow almost 6 months of wait for nothing.. Thank you nice immigration system...

Well to be honest if i am still stuck stalling by February which would mark 1 year since we started i will probably decide even though i do not want to, to apply for US immigration.. better that than still be separated. It already hard to celebrate our 1st anniversary on sunday knowing we still struggle to be together..

oh well i will be going to be with my wife for a week (i really needed that week of vacation) so i will keep all of you posted if anything important happen for immigration as i will be less active. And if i do not post until then happy Thanksgiving too all the Americans in and out of Canada

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
heatherusa said:
Ok WOAH>>> back the bus up... YOU WERE DENIED? What post did I miss? Can you give more details about what happened? This is terrible.
Yeah, I want to know about this as well... kerianne said their own eCas still says it's in processing...

kerianne, you need to get the MP inolved again. If the first one was utterly rude, try calling a different one. You can also try calling the main office in Ottawa. I'm guessing it's too late to order CAIPS notes to try and get more information, but I could be wrong. You need to get to the bottom of why you were denied. This freaks me the hell out. I submitted a whole ton of evidence just like you, and like you, am not THAT far from the border (e.g. a couple states away). It should be a clear-cut case, but something apparently went sour. What did your application consist of - just you, and children? Anything that would make the IO's suspicious?

I don't understand how this could have happened...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm pretty sure kerianne applied as conjugal. (kerianne please correct me if I'm wrong.)