waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
SaugaBoss said:
For all the people waiting out the process in Canada did u purchase some type of insurance? like to see a doctor and stuff
Yes, there are special insurance packages directed at people awaiting PR status. I can't remember the details of my partner's just now, but it's about $85 a month. If you would like further info, please shoot me a PM and I will ask hubby about it.

And congrats on your pregnancy!

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
Thank you Dralon, You have the right to complain, i would be soooooo furious if i was in your situation.
Did you try faxing them your CSQ?
That's what i did and i think that made the whole thing go a lot faster.

I'm sorry to hear about everything that happened to your wife, I hope she's doing better.

I will be thinking about you both and sending positive vibes your way.
I know its not much but hopefully it will be enough for you to have some good news soon.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
frenchie123 said:
Thank you Dralon, You have the right to complain, i would be soooooo furious if i was in your situation.
Did you try faxing them your CSQ?
That's what i did and i think that made the whole thing go a lot faster.

I'm sorry to hear about everything that happened to your wife, I hope she's doing better.

I will be thinking about you both and sending positive vibes your way.
I know its not much but hopefully it will be enough for you to have some good news soon.
well i did scan it, my wife was supposed to fax it but i think she forgot since i checked her cover letter when she called me so it will be tomorrow if no news come... after that i do not know what to do if nothing goes forward.. and before someone says it a cannot afford a lawyer

frenchie123

Aug 11, 2009
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/L.A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
Fax it asap to the office. They told me that if they wait for quebec to mail it it can takes months. so it just faxed them the CSQ and the approval letter and i got the passport request 1 week after.

Check out this link

http://www.ccjm.qc.ca/index_eng.html
then click on the turquoise link on top, then immigration.

Its legal help for lower cost for thoses who qualifies in quebec.
I dont know much about it, but usually people with lower income can get lawyers when they need it.

I would maybe check it out.. have your wife call them and see what they can offer. it would be worth a try.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Pharoh said:
Where are they getting 11 months?? I thought we were talking 6-ish months on average for Buffalo, including 30 days at Mississauga, if it's a "simple" case, everything right, fees already paid, etc...
That's easy. If you look up the CIC wait times page, it simply says that 80% of applications are processed in Buffalo in 11 months. There is no longer any mention of the fact that many applications are processed in less time than that.

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Re: Health insurance, if you live in Alberta and are married to a canadian, or are just "visiting" Alberta for a veyr long time, you can get your own health # through Alberta Health. (I hvaeone for myself and my daughter.) It is valid while your visitor visa/record is valid -- all I had to do was take my passport with visitor record in to the local registry. When i got an extension, I just showed them that.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
adetia9 said:
Re: Health insurance, if you live in Alberta and are married to a canadian, or are just "visiting" Alberta for a veyr long time, you can get your own health # through Alberta Health. (I hvaeone for myself and my daughter.) It is valid while your visitor visa/record is valid -- all I had to do was take my passport with visitor record in to the local registry. When i got an extension, I just showed them that.
Hey adetia9,

I've married an Albertan, and am currently waiting for PR through outland. If I come up for a "visit", in order to wait out the rest of the process wit her, what does Alberta Health charge for coverage? Is there a monthly fee, that covers basically everything (minus prescriptions, of course)?

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, there may be a separate thread for this bit I thought a few of you would have an answer if you have been traveling back and forth to Canada. I am flying from Bermuda to Halifax next month via Toronto. I usually take the summer direct flight to Halifax and go through Customs and Immigration when I arrive in Halifax as we have no preclearance in Bermuda. When I land in Toronto will I have to go through Customs/Immigration and then have to go through it again in Halifax? Or do I just go through it in Toronto?

Thanks,
Nell

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
nelly72 said:
Hello everyone, there may be a separate thread for this bit I thought a few of you would have an answer if you have been traveling back and forth to Canada. I am flying from Bermuda to Halifax next month via Toronto. I usually take the summer direct flight to Halifax and go through Customs and Immigration when I arrive in Halifax as we have no preclearance in Bermuda. When I land in Toronto will I have to go through Customs/Immigration and then have to go through it again in Halifax? Or do I just go through it in Toronto?

Thanks,
Nell
You should only need to go through Customs/Immigration in Toronto, as it's a connecting flight to Halifax. The flight from Toronto to Halifax is considered domestic. I flew to Edmonton from the U.S., via Toronto, and only had to go through Customs/Immigration in Toronto.

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pharoh said:
You should only need to go through Customs/Immigration in Toronto, as it's a connecting flight to Halifax. The flight from Toronto to Halifax is considered domestic. I flew to Edmonton from the U.S., via Toronto, and only had to go through Customs/Immigration in Toronto.
Thanks! My mother-in-law always asks us to bring Bacardi with us and whenever we fly direct Bermuda to Halifax we can carry it on to the plane but when my husband flies via Toronto he always has to pick up his suitcase and put the Barcardi into his suitcase before it can go onto Saint John (he doesn't mind getting on the small planes to Saint John - I am terrified of flying and always take the larger planes to Halifax and then we drive for 3 hours!)

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This thread title said something about inlanders, but it discusses some temporary health insurance options which would be relevant for anyone awaiting PR while in Canada, whether applying inland or outland.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t56620.0.html

adetia9

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
USA Outland - Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
File Transfer...
03-05-2010
Med's Done....
30-11-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-03-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Pharoh said:
Hey adetia9,

I've married an Albertan, and am currently waiting for PR through outland. If I come up for a "visit", in order to wait out the rest of the process wit her, what does Alberta Health charge for coverage? Is there a monthly fee, that covers basically everything (minus prescriptions, of course)?
Getting the Alberta Health card I believe is free. We are also covered under my husband's plan at work under Alberta Blue Cross.
Both simply required a peek at my visa. Alberta Blue Cross, if your spouse has that, can be obtained through their job usually, I believe, and you can take care of presenting documentation at your local AMA (that's where we go anyway).

Our normal coverage doesn't cost anything. Our non-group coverage that we carry above and beyond standard coverage (my husband and my daughter both have expensive prescriptions) does cost us a bit extra but we very rarely if ever have to pay anything anywhere.

For example, I got an eye exam and glasses at no cost in September. Dental coverage at 80%.

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
i guess no one else got good news since Buffalo is closed on Wednesday !

me it's quiet on immigration and well rainy outside ...

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, I sent my passports to Buffalo and they received them last Friday. I just checked the USPS tracking number from the envelope I included and the passports are on their way back to me already!

the-fanatics

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2010
nelly72 said:
Okay, I sent my passports to Buffalo and they received them last Friday. I just checked the USPS tracking number from the envelope I included and the passports are on their way back to me already!
Hey nelly did buffalo mail your pp back yesterday? we submitted ours last week too and they have received it last wednesday but when we check the USPS tracking number it gives us nothing. Now we are gettnig worried.