+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
first that a looooooooooooot for your help sbwv09

what to just know what you think about my case ( thanx for answerin me for my questions )

i know i have to wait anyways but you do think that i ll receive update from them soon like this month ??

:)

regards

tigerpika

Jun 1, 2010
My husband and I will be applying in early July through the Buffalo office. I'm an American Citizen (from Maine) and he is Canadian (Alberta, currently living in New Brunswick). We are filling out the forms, I received my Letter back from the FBI, my medical is scheduled for July 2nd. We will have our lawyer give it the once over and then send it in!

We've been married since Feb., dating since 2007. I am very excited, but trying to be patient and carefully filling out the forms.

(in the right place this time, d'oh)

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
amine, I'm not really sure. Was there anything about your relationship that might cause them to look twice.. like divorces, children, criminality, conjugal class, big age difference, etc? Like I said, 7 months is still in the mostly 'normal' range so you may not need to worry. I really don't know when they would contact you.. I guess either to request the passport or to request a new medical. Keep in mind that you have to land before your medical expires, so you need to be prepared to land very shortly after you get the PPR if you do get it before the end of June :)

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
well thank youu soo much for answerin my question , helpin me a lot givin me an idea about what s happenin :)

im m gonna try to give to give a better idea about my case
first i have no problem with crminality no dovorce no children and everything is ok with wife, difference is just 4 years between us ( i m older than her )

i have to let you know that i m actually in canada i m livin in montreal quebec but applied outland via buffalo , also i already get accepted from quebec and everythins is ok ( you know it s a bit different through quebec )
i v been a student here then i met my wife and we got married
so when i m gonna receive my passport request as i read here in this forum i have to go somewhere to the border then confirm my permanent resident there .

medical also i think is ok

so hope i m givin you more idea

Nej

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,
Just a quick question. My hubby and I moved and we have both of our names on the lease. Also, at the time we filled out the papers, he was in school for his apprenticeship and didn't know when he would go back to work. We just moved 3 weeks ago because his company has work for him now. Should I send a fax to the Buffalo office and let them know? We already updated our address. Thanks for any advice. :)

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
We got the AOR in the mail today, Buffalo started processing on May 27. :D

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
Ok dumb question... what does AOR stand for?

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Anime, I really have no way of knowing when they will approve your case. I just read a lot on the forums and do other research, I'm not anything close to any kind of expert.

As for when you do you get your PPR, you can either take it to Buffalo and get the passport and land or send it off in the mail and go either to the border to land or make an appointment at a local visa office.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Kess said:
Ok dumb question... what does AOR stand for?
Acknowledgement of Receipt (of your app)

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
to SBWV09

Thank youu so muchh for your help , thanx a lot

i ll give update when i get some news ( i hoooope good one )

thanx again

best luck for everybuddy

Lilac6

Jun 2, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
16-04-2010
File Transfer...
17-03-2010
Med's Done....
21-01-2010
Interview........
wavered
Passport Req..
16-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2010
LANDED..........
28-07-2010
Hi all,

Just found a perfect thread for me and decided to join now.
We filed our application in late February, which seems slightly earlier than most of the folks posting on this thread, so hopefuly my timeline below can be of some reference to those waiting or intending to apply through Buffalo.

Med done 21/Jan/10
Appliation filed at CPC-M 21/Feb/10
Noticed a few mistakes in the application :eek:, called CPC-M who said 'wait' 28/Feb/10
Emailed CPC-M the revised documents anyway, no answer 14/Mar/10
Sponsor approved, forwarded to Buffalo 17/Mar/10
Emailed Buffalo re the revisions we wanted to submit (someone never gives up) who repled 'wait until we contact you' 24/Mar/10
e-Cas appears: "In Process/Med Received" 15/Apr/10
AOR letter from Buffalo, given a file number 20/Apr/10
Posted Buffalo the above revisions and asked them to incorporate them with our appliation, delivered to them 11/May/10
Intv wavered, additional document (Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union) request 20/May/10
Emailed Buffalo to let them know the said document was already included in the original application, attached a scanned copy just in case 27/May/10

So far, all the communications initiated by Mississauga or Buffalo came in through post and it took around 5-6 days to reach us here in Western Canada.

I actually didn't choose Buffalo as my processing office, but CPC-M somehow decided to forward our case to Bufflao (based on the fact that I've been living in Canada over 1 year, I guess).

For a non-US applicant at Buffalo and applying as common law with quite a big age difference between us, it has been so far going well. Hopefully we won't receive any more requests and the next thing will be what we are really waiting for...

Good luck to everyone and I'll keep you informed of any developments.

the-fanatics

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2010
Lilac6 said:
Hi all,

Intv wavered, additional document (Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union) request 20/May/10
Emailed Buffalo to let them know the said document was already included in the original application, attached a scanned copy just in case 27/May/10

So far, all the communications initiated by Mississauga or Buffalo came in through post and it took around 5-6 days to reach us here in Western Canada.

I actually didn't choose Buffalo as my processing office, but CPC-M somehow decided to forward our case to Bufflao (based on the fact that I've been living in Canada over 1 year, I guess).

For a non-US applicant at Buffalo and applying as common law with quite a big age difference between us, it has been so far going well. Hopefully we won't receive any more requests and the next thing will be what we are really waiting for...

Hi Lilac - we are applying as common law and the applicant is non US-cit/res on work visa. May we ask what type of support have you submitted as proof for common-law relationship? We are just hoping that an interview could be waived too! Best of luck with your app!

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
AllisonVSC said:
Acknowledgement of Receipt (of your app)
Sweet thanks. I figured roughly what it meant but the acronym was bugging me. :p

I did notice processing time for CPC-M down to 48 days!!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Kess said:
I did notice processing time for CPC-M down to 48 days!!
YAY

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilac6 said:
Hi all,

Just found a perfect thread for me and decided to join now.
We filed our application in late February, which seems slightly earlier than most of the folks posting on this thread, so hopefuly my timeline below can be of some reference to those waiting or intending to apply through Buffalo.

Med done 21/Jan/10
Appliation filed at CPC-M 21/Feb/10
Noticed a few mistakes in the application :eek:, called CPC-M who said 'wait' 28/Feb/10
Emailed CPC-M the revised documents anyway, no answer 14/Mar/10
Sponsor approved, forwarded to Buffalo 17/Mar/10
Emailed Buffalo re the revisions we wanted to submit (someone never gives up) who repled 'wait until we contact you' 24/Mar/10
e-Cas appears: "In Process/Med Received" 15/Apr/10
AOR letter from Buffalo, given a file number 20/Apr/10
Posted Buffalo the above revisions and asked them to incorporate them with our appliation, delivered to them 11/May/10

Congratulations that everything is going well for you. It is nice to see application to Buffalo has some movements. My case started process in Buffalo on Apr-27 which is 12 days after yours. I hope I will hear back from them soon.