+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

jade

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Hi I wanna join this thread! My husband is sponsoring me and I hope to submit my papers next week after I get my police clearance here in Medicine Hat, Alberta. I really am planning to do an outland application eventhough I'm here in Canada with my husband because they say it's faster that way. The only thing is that my police clearance from HK was submitted in Vegreville already by the HK police. I don't know if I could still submit my papers in Missisauga and submit the receipt for my HK police clearance and tell them my HK police clearance is in Vegreville so I could still do an outland application.

- got married in January 9, 2010

- gave birth of a healthy baby boy on March 5, 2010

I wanna know what other supporting documents you attached to your applications so I could have an idea on what to add to mine.

I just completed the required documents, some pictures of my family, some tickets for events we went to and ....... I think that's it... Any more suggestions? :)

careolso

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/17/2010
File Transfer...
4/9/2010
"In Process" May 21 per Buffalo correspondence (USPS). Changed to In Process on e-cas 5/25.

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Hi Dralon,

We are waiting too. We had one bad experience previously when my husband tried an extended visit and got turned back at the border. Now I make short visits. That experience was worse than the separation and waiting.

I know others are successful, but we have decided not to put ourselves through more heartbreak than we already have. So I'm with you on that one. ;D :(

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just found this thread. My timeline is in my signature!!!!! I just logged on to eCAS for the first time today!

My husband is sponsoring me.

He's a dual US-Canadian citizen (born in US to Canadian parents; applied for citizenship card when he was a teenager). I'm a US citizen, born in US.

We are both 30, got married last year, were living in the US together for a few years before we decided to settle back in Quebec. We met in Montreal while in university there 10 years ago (I was on a student visa).

We moved back to Montreal last summer a couple of months after our wedding and I am working remotely at my US job and I have a visitor record that I've already renewed once.

We have no real issues, normal FBI record and medicals.... I am hoping it goes smoothly!!

Good luck all!!!

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Dralon said:
I find it odd that so many of you are planning a move when none of us actually know when Buffalo will finish our request. I am hopeful but me and my wife are not planning anything until she gets her visa in her hands. I guess we do not want the frustration of broken hopes and plans
We are putting any plans to move in stone, it's our hope to move before winter.
Until we sell our house and have visa in hand, we won't be firming up any details -hence why we likely will end up in a rental if our house sells. However, there are certain things that doing now, will help things go smoother later like selling our house, packing things we don't need, getting our i's dotted and t's crossed as far as paperwork for our kids and our selves ect (records and clear titles on our vehicles, ect).

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
Dralon said:
I find it odd that so many of you are planning a move when none of us actually know when Buffalo will finish our request. I am hopeful but me and my wife are not planning anything until she gets her visa in her hands. I guess we do not want the frustration of broken hopes and plans
It depends on the situation. I have to lock in for yearly contracts at my teaching job, so if I'm not going to be working here since I will more than likely by approved by Nov/Dec (the middle of the school year), why not visit up there until I am approved? Three of those months will be summer break anyway :)

Godskid

May 31, 2010
Washington state
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
10-01-2010
Kudos to you for starting this discussion for Buffalo Applicants! I was wondering if anyone else got a visitors visa? I got a 6 months visitor visa and I am planning on staying with my husband here in Canada for the summer with my two kids. I have to travel back and forth every other weekend for my kids visitation with their dad. Its a 4 hour commute.
Like many of you we sent out spons. + PR app. in March 2010 and it was approved in one month. We were so happy. April 15th it was sent to buffalo and we just got a letter they recieved it and created a file May 24th. I am sooooo hoping they process it by Sept. so I can put my kids in school here in the fall. We met in May 2009 and got married in Dec. 2009. I am wondering, did you get visitor visa's? I haven't heard anyone talk about that?;D

Godskid

May 31, 2010
Washington state
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
Med's Done....
10-01-2010
The person that just got their FBI letter and are nervous about where to send it so it doesn't get lost....Could you please let me know what you find out. I will be in the same position as you very soon and I am nervous too. I did a local police report, but didn't realize I had to do the FBI one till after I sent in my application. It just got to buffalo May 24th. Thank you so much. I would really appreciate any info you can give me about your experience.

Murphy10

May 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2010
Hi Everyone! I have been on this forum before but now I am finally registering and introducing myself. I am Canadian and my husband (of 9 years) is American. We applied in 2008, with the help of a useless lawyer, but was denied due to criminality (something very ridiculous that my husband did when he was 18...in 1988!!). Anyways, since it was denied, we had to obtain a pardon from his state and we did that last December. So now I have re-applied, without the lawyer, and am having an easier time now! We collected all the information and police clearances throughout December, January and February, obtained the medical on December 23/09 and finally sent everything in March 23/10. April 2010 I received the 'sponsorship' approval letter and today we received the acknowledgement letter from Buffalo. So, I know we are on the right track and now it's just the waiting game!! What is the timeline (approx.) after it arrives in Buffalo? Also, I have tried signing in on eCAS with my File # and have used my spouses name and my name (at different times) but have had no luck logging on...any suggestions??? Well, that's my story and I'm sure I'll be asking many questions for months to come! :)

alisa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jade said:
I wanna know what other supporting documents you attached to your applications so I could have an idea on what to add to mine.

I just completed the required documents, some pictures of my family, some tickets for events we went to and ....... I think that's it... Any more suggestions? :)
We applied to Buffalo for the same reason - because it will be faster than applying inland. Things we had added:
  • As many pictures as we could to show our genuine relationship - pictures of me with his family, pictures of me with his friends, pictures of him with my friends, wedding photos. The photos had a short explanation of where we are, when it was taken, and who we are with on the back.
  • boarding passes of flights together
  • letters from friends saying how our relationship is genuine
  • phone bills (his and mine), chat logs, and emails showing how we talk even when we are apart, and were in constant communication over time
  • evidence showing linked finances: joint bank account statement, joint lease agreement on apartment, joint credit card, his RRSP statement showing me as beneficiary, company health insurance showing me as spouse
  • letters addressed to the same address (bills to him, friend letters to me) to show we are living together
Hope this helps. We added as much information as possible, with the hope that the interview will be waived. Good luck!

Cherlyn

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2010
Med's Done....
15-03-2010
Any news guys from Buffalo? This waiting is ssssssssssssooooooo hard :( :( :( :( :(

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Any news guys from Buffalo????

waitin since november ( medical done and received , security clearance , fee payed )

medical expire june 20th 2010 :-\

what you think guys gonna happens !

any advice pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase !

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
As long as it is less than 10 months you're still with the majority in processing times. You may have to redo your medical though. Maybe you could order the CAIPS notes if you want more details.

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
well first thank youuu for your response

wanna just know 2 more things pleeeeease

1) what is the CAIPS notes ?

2) my case could it be approved till i give them my medical ( incase they ask me to redo my medical for sure )

thank you for your help and the best luck for everybuddy here

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
CAIPS notes are just the notes that the immigration officer makes when he/she is looking at your case. If there is a problem or question you will be able to see it on there.

I'm not sure about your second question but I guess they could basically approve it and then just request your medical redo and then approve it after they get your meds, but I'm really not sure.