16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Isometry said:
Mine was transferred to Seattle. I don't remember what I'd requested, but it certainly wasn't Seattle, as I was living in Atlanta!
I wish mine was in Seattle... We live in the Seattle area so it would be nice to be able to drop off the passport once it gets requested....or you know it would just be nice to see any type of movement on our file and at least Seattle has a time like on CIC where as Ottawa disappeared :-X

xmynancy

Apr 12, 2012
moochops said:
Just got off the phone - the application is still in Ottawa, but by the end of the conversation myself and the lady I was talking to were in fits of laughter and she said that I could call her back anytime I wanted hahahahahaha!

She did confirm that everything had been recieved (medical results more importantly as nothing shows on Ecas to that effect) and that it was likely that I would get another request for medicals.

Which is not wicked awesome news, but she did confirm that everything right now is, or seems to be, in order and to unfortunately just hang on in there.
Hi moochops, did you call Ottawa? I don't see a phone number they have. I can only call the CIC number which takes like forever to get through.....

xmynancy

Apr 12, 2012
I have one question for those who received their PPR and got visa stamp. I'm planning on a trip to China to visit my parents in December for one month, and I'm worried what if they request my passport when I was away? I obviously can't send my passport from China. Is it possible that I can extend the time of sending to them my passport?

Thanks all!

Nancy

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
xmynancy said:
I have one question for those who received their PPR and got visa stamp. I'm planning on a trip to China to visit my parents in December for one month, and I'm worried what if they request my passport when I was away? I obviously can't send my passport from China. Is it possible that I can extend the time of sending to them my passport?
Generally they give you 30 or 60 days to send it, and if you don't they will send you a second letter. So if you say "I'm traveling right now, will do so when I return on X date" I wouldn't expect any problems.

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
computergeek said:
Generally they give you 30 or 60 days to send it, and if you don't they will send you a second letter. So if you say "I'm traveling right now, will do so when I return on X date" I wouldn't expect any problems.
Hey Computergeek, since you're the resident expert here I thought I'd ask you about your PPR. I know you already live in Canada, but when you received your request for passport, did it specifically state if you can send just the photocopies? I understand the rule changed on December 1, 2011 and that it is up to each VO to determine if that's possible, I was just wondering if it actually states that in the instructions, or if you have to contact the VO specifically to ask about it.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
santoki said:
Hey Computergeek, since you're the resident expert here I thought I'd ask you about your PPR. I know you already live in Canada, but when you received your request for passport, did it specifically state if you can send just the photocopies? I understand the rule changed on December 1, 2011 and that it is up to each VO to determine if that's possible, I was just wondering if it actually states that in the instructions, or if you have to contact the VO specifically to ask about it.
Here is the exact wording from the PPR letter: "We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member." My interpretation was that they required an original valid passport for me, not copies of the pages. So I sent the actual passport.

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
computergeek said:
Here is the exact wording from the PPR letter: "We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member." My interpretation was that they required an original valid passport for me, not copies of the pages. So I sent the actual passport.
Ok, thanks. I guess I'll just have to wait for the PPR letter and confirm at that time.

xmynancy

Apr 12, 2012
computergeek said:
Thank you very much computergeek!!! Now I feel better and know what to do. ;)

Nancy

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
So I checked my e-cas today expecting the same as its always been, application received and today it was changed to medical results received!!! anybosy have any idea on the time frame these days after medical results received on ecas? my application was received by missisauga end of october 2011.

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
caledonia said:
So I checked my e-cas today expecting the same as its always been, application received and today it was changed to medical results received!!! anybosy have any idea on the time frame these days after medical results received on ecas? my application was received by missisauga end of october 2011.
Mine has said that since February. My application was received in July 2011.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
computergeek said:
The story I keep hearing (and it complies with my experience) is that applications are being processed in Ottawa (CPP-O) and once all the processing is done they are sent to LA. I know that my application was completed on September 12 by Ottawa and the PPR came from LA on September 26.
I can verify this, my application went into process September 14th in Ottawa I was sent request for RPRF also on Sept 14th, yesterday I received e-mail my case was being transferred to LA, 6 hours later I received e-mail from LA for PP request...

Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada has been completed.
You are required to submit your passport(s) and photographs by MAIL within the next sixty (60) days from the date of this letter. As the validity of your visa(s) has been already established and is limited to a fixed date, it CANNOT be extended under any circumstances. We therefore urge you to read and follow carefully the instructions below without delay:
santoki said:

These are the PP requirements listed in my letter...

Passport
requirements
We require an original VALID passport for yourself and every accompanying family member.

Passports for all accompanying family members must be submitted together.
There must be at least one blank page in your passport(s). If there are children included in your passport, there must be blank pages for their visas as well.
The immigrant visa that is to be placed in your passport will show an expiry date. You may enter Canada anytime before the expiry date shown on the visa. Please note this date cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date, you will be required to reapply and submit a new application and processing fee.
Please note: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Creampop said:
I can verify this, my application went into process September 14th in Ottawa I was sent request for RPRF also on Sept 14th, yesterday I received e-mail my case was being transferred to LA, 6 hours later I received e-mail from LA for PP request...
Congratulations! There seems to be little rhyme or reason to the order in which they process files, but it's still good to see that Ottawa/LA is moving forward on applications.

jazztap

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
7-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-9-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2013
Hey Everyone, I have a quick question. My husband (US) and I finally finished putting together all of the paperwork for our application. We have every single thing done- phew! Except lo and behold, when we are piecing it together, it appears my darling husband has lost his FBI criminal record check. Since that took ~5 weeks to get, I'm wondering if we can send our application in now, then forward the FBI results in afterwards? Or are we better off just holding on to the application until we can send it all in together?

santoki

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2012
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
02-02-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
17-12-2012
Creampop said:

These are the PP requirements listed in my letter...
Congrats, man! As an April applicant you jumped way ahead of the pack. I've been in process since August 21st, so this gives me hope that things are at least getting done.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Thanks Guys! we had a straight forward case been together 13 years and have 2 children, just can't believe the whole process was only 6 months... keeping my fingers crossed that it goes by quickly for the rest of you!

jazztap said:
Hey Everyone, I have a quick question. My husband (US) and I finally finished putting together all of the paperwork for our application. We have every single thing done- phew! Except lo and behold, when we are piecing it together, it appears my darling husband has lost his FBI criminal record check. Since that took ~5 weeks to get, I'm wondering if we can send our application in now, then forward the FBI results in afterwards? Or are we better off just holding on to the application until we can send it all in together?
If I were you I would wait and mail it in once receiving the new FBI, I wouldn't want to take the risk of having it sent back to me for being incomplete. it sits there for 69 days waiting to even be open you will have to wait that long before you even get a number to send in the new FBI to match it up with your file and if it does get sent back to you, you will have lost that 69 days.