Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Why go for the cheap knock-off when you can have the real thing? :p

The problem with English names are that they show up over and over again. Ever heard of Boston? I've been to the original city in England (and laughed at "Pilgrim Memorial Hospital").
Exhibit 1: Main Street in the US and King Street in Canada 8)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
computergeek said:
Interesting. According to the IMM 3910 that I used, one of the requirements was "four immigration photos":

And Appendix B was a complete specification for immigration photos. My recollection was that the DMP wanted passport sized photos - I got them at the same time and I ordered different sizes. Six passport photos, four immigration photos. When the PPR letter arrived, it asked for two immigration photos.

In my GCMS notes they specifically noted "bio data not on photos" - I remember seeing that and going back over the directions, but the US directions don't ask you to write anything on the back.
When I called the DMP she asked if I had appendix C I said yes then she said good that means you have the appendix B with the photo requirements... so I just assumed those 4 photos were for the medical. with the PPR I was asked for 2 immigration photos actually when I had them done lastnight @ shoppers they asked me are they for passport, citizenship card, PR card, or your medical I just said PR and they knew what they was doing they stamped and dated them as well I dunno what bio data is... but in the PPR letter it did say to write the date on atleast one of the photos

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
manispreet said:
Interesting

In the email from LA in which they requested PPR, they told me to send 2 passport pics along with passport.

So should I send 2 or more pics?

Thanks!
When I got my pics taken for my PPR, they gave me a set of 8 so I just sent the whole set. They glued one to the COPR, and I think they sent the second one off somewhere (the same picture was used on my PR card). The extras were returned to me with the COPR, along with a few other documents, like our marriage certificate.

manispreet

Jul 9, 2012
San Francisco
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa -> LA (may be)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-07-2012
Med's Request
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
Christmas 2012
Isometry said:
When I got my pics taken for my PPR, they gave me a set of 8 so I just sent the whole set. They glued one to the COPR, and I think they sent the second one off somewhere (the same picture was used on my PR card). The extras were returned to me with the COPR, along with a few other documents, like our marriage certificate.
Thanks Isometry for your message. Can you please tell me where did you take your passport size pics for Canadian authorities? Wallmart/Walgreens?

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Wait for it....wait for it..... WE GOT PPR!!!!!! We got the letter from our lawyers today and the government letter is dated from yesterday!!! Wooooohooooooooooooo!!!!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cgagnon said:
Wait for it....wait for it..... WE GOT PPR!!!!!! We got the letter from our lawyers today and the government letter is dated from yesterday!!! Wooooohooooooooooooo!!!!
Congratulations! ;D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
Yippeeeee!

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys,
I got a huge problem here. At first I thought "MP" related to the agency, where you need to pay money to let them prepare your case.
Now I was told all applicants can have their own "MP". I tried to get some information from website,but I still don't get it. How shall I find out my MP?
I applied my case in Mississauga first, after they approving the sponsor, my case was transferred to Buffalo and then to Ottawa, now in LA.
Who do I need to contact? How long it may take to find my own "MP". Does MP really help? Thanks a lot.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cindy-cn said:
Hi guys,
I got a huge problem here. At first I thought "MP" related to the agency, where you need to pay money to let them prepare your case.
Now I was told all applicants can have their own "MP". I tried to get some information from website,but I still don't get it. How shall I find out my MP?
I applied my case in Mississauga first, after they approving the sponsor, my case was transferred to Buffalo and then to Ottawa, now in LA.
Who do I need to contact? How long it may take to find my own "MP". Does MP really help? Thanks a lot.
MP means "Member of Parliament". The sponsor should contact this person and ask for assistance. Basically it is a service provided to constituents.

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
computergeek said:
MP means "Member of Parliament". The sponsor should contact this person and ask for assistance. Basically it is a service provided to constituents.
Thanks for your reply. Where can I get detailed information about how to find the person? Since my sponsor living out of Canada now, I really don't know if that can help us.Thanks again.

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys,
LA just called me yesterday asking some questions about our marriage. Then they sent me a letter asking for FBI and evidence like this:
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:
- ORIGINAL FBI clearance certificate for yourself.(I've been living in USA over a year.)
- Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient evidence/indicators for proof of Canadian residency."
BTW: I was required for an interview in July, Buffalo, cancelled because of the closure.The LA office didn't mention another interview in the future, just asked me to follow the instruction .I'm not sure about the interview in the future.

Anybody has the same situation?Would you please help me with these two questions:
How long does it take to obtain FBI?
what is the average time to the next step after submitting FBI?
Thanks a lot.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
cindy-cn said:
Hi guys,
LA just called me yesterday asking some questions about our marriage. Then they sent me a letter asking for FBI and evidence like this:
"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:
- ORIGINAL FBI clearance certificate for yourself.(I've been living in USA over a year.)
- Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient evidence/indicators for proof of Canadian residency."
BTW: I was required for an interview in July, Buffalo, cancelled because of the closure.The LA office didn't mention another interview in the future, just asked me to follow the instruction .I'm not sure about the interview in the future.

Anybody has the same situation?Would you please help me with these two questions:
How long does it take to obtain FBI?
what is the average time to the next step after submitting FBI?
Thanks a lot.
i got my fbi report in approx 5-6weeks

i did not get one thing
Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient evidence/indicators for proof of Canadian residency."
if these are not the sufficient proof we can give it to them.. what else they want except these?

cindy-cn

Sep 25, 2012
simb said:
i got my fbi report in approx 5-6weeks

i did not get one thing
Evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver's licenses, Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient evidence/indicators for proof of Canadian residency."
if these are not the sufficient proof we can give it to them.. what else they want except these?
I think that evidence is especially for someone who lives in Canada now.
My sponsor doesn't have all of those evidence. We'll try to provide some of them.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cindy-cn said:
I think that evidence is especially for someone who lives in Canada now.
My sponsor doesn't have all of those evidence. We'll try to provide some of them.
Is your sponsor a PR or a Citizen? A PR must be able to prove residency while sponsoring you, so things that would demonstrate current residence in Canada would be vital. Even parking tickets could be used (because they show presence in Canada). That's why they don't limit it.

Receipts for groceries, gas, transit, toll receipts, these are all the types of things that could also be used to demonstrate presence, so long as they can be tied to the sponsor. So a debit or credit card receipt showing a number matching one that belongs to the sponsor would be a good example. A property lease and rent receipts make sense too, but mortgage receipts might be for a property that you rent out. Certainly pay stubs are evidence as well, but cell phone bills showing calls being made from a location in Canada are evidence as well.

Good luck!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
computergeek said:
Is your sponsor a PR or a Citizen? A PR must be able to prove residency while sponsoring you, so things that would demonstrate current residence in Canada would be vital. Even parking tickets could be used (because they show presence in Canada). That's why they don't limit it.

Receipts for groceries, gas, transit, toll receipts, these are all the types of things that could also be used to demonstrate presence, so long as they can be tied to the sponsor. So a debit or credit card receipt showing a number matching one that belongs to the sponsor would be a good example. A property lease and rent receipts make sense too, but mortgage receipts might be for a property that you rent out. Certainly pay stubs are evidence as well, but cell phone bills showing calls being made from a location in Canada are evidence as well.

Good luck!
thats the good explanation of 'proof of residency' CG
I never thought of these ones..