Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Congratulations, TX-to-MTL! Members reported that it toook 3-4 weeks from sending passport to receiving COPR from Seattle in March/April 2012.

TX-to-MTL said:
PPR received today!! Please update spreadsheet...
What are the most current "PPR to COPR" timeline stats (Seattle to US address) ?

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

If your husband is present in Canada, select "Privacy Act", free of charge.
If he's ourside Canada, select "Access to Information Act", C$5, and put yourself down as the person who request the notes.

Generally "Electronic Files" (printout from the computer system) is good enough to check what's going on with the file in process. Avoid "Physical File" because it means retrieving the content of the physical file at the visa office which will cause delay to your file's processing.

Some more details:
http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/

Hope it helps.

ndbella said:
Hi, Last talked to my MP a month ago. They said they would contact me with an update. I havn't heard anything from them.I will call again Tuesday AM. I did a online case inquiry about 20 days ago- still havn't heard a reply. But i never have got an reply from them. I have done numerous inquiries online. How do I order the GCMS Notes?

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Siberix, if you'd like to be added to the Buffalo spreadsheet (link in my signature), please share the exact dates.

Some people had bad experience with immigration lawyers so please make sure you have done enough reserch before signing contract with the lawyer that you're going to use. As a matter of fact, a lot of us filed the application ourselves, especially for relatively simple cases. It is because we had to do most of the work ourselves anyway like filling in details in the forms, finding evidences, etc, so there isn't much left for the lawyers to do. Plus we found a lot of helps here in this forum. :)

If you have receipts/boarding passes for the trips that you and your husband did, you can include them as well. Some people include email logs, personal cards, etc. There are some idea about 'unconventional proofs' that you may find them interesting:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unconventional-proof-of-true-love-t98503.0.html

Good luck with your application!

Siberix said:
My husband is a Canadian citizen and I am an American. My husband and I were dating long distance for a little over a year before we got married. We immediately began the application process afterwards. We decided the best route was to hire a lawyer to make sure everything got done right and nothing fell through the cracks (for reference for anybody our lawyer cost around $4,000 for the whole process but it also includes the filing and landing fees for PR). We are a few months shy of our one year anniversary and have finally acquired all of the paperwork requested. FBI check, medical exam, Canadian police report (because I had been in Canada for a collective 6+ months) and my husband's Schedule C forms. We needed 2010's but then when the calendar flipped over to 2012 we then had to wait for his 2011 taxes to be filed before we could acquire the current Schedule C. The acquiring process would have been shorter but it does take a while to get everything since government agencies take a while. It took the FBI almost 2 months to send me back my report. The RCMP was much quicker with theirs with a matter of weeks. Anyways, we are going to make an appointment with our lawyer soon and hand over the last of everything so we can FINALLY send it off and hope for the best :)

PS: We were told that pictures of us with each others friends and family help convince them of our relationship so we made sure to take lots of pics during holidays. He spent one Christmas and Thanksgiving with mine and I spent a Christmas with his in Canada. Also included is an 11+ page long call log from Skype to prove we had been in constant contact with each other despite the distance. Just an FYI for anybody maybe looking for things to include with their app :)

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you're talking about taking you car to land and export/import the same car later, then just be prepared that you may get hassle at the border. There were both successful and unsuccessful stories, as told in the following threads.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/delayed-landingimporting-car-question-t54041.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-to-canada-and-returning-to-us-after-3-days-questions-t50777.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/exportingimporting-a-car-from-the-us-t81585.0.html

If you're using another car to land, then there should be no problem. Just make sure you put your car on the 'Good to Follow' list. (Note: my husband drove me to land and I put my car on the 'Good to Follow' list).

krista2011 said:
Does anyone know if you can land (with your belongings and car, etc. all listed on your B4) and then return to the USA and export/import your car on another trip? Or do you have to export/import the car on the initially crossing? Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

canadapeach

Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Doc's Request.
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
08-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
2012-05-18
What a nice way to end the weekend with an envelope with my COPR waiting for me at home after a weekend away!

So now the fun begins :D

Thanks to those on this board for your advice!

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Bargeld said:
1. It will say on the visa or COPR. Generally it's one year following medical.

2. Can't say for sure, but if the car is from the US, chances are "no" if contacting the port of entry and following their directions before simply landing with vehicle in possession.
One year following the medical? How are they managing this with the listed time for going through Buffalo being a total of 14 months now, (3 months for sponsorship approval then a further 11 months for the applicant ).

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JimM said:
One year following the medical? How are they managing this with the listed time for going through Buffalo being a total of 14 months now, (3 months for sponsorship approval then a further 11 months for the applicant ).
If the year expires, they'll either ask you for a new medical exam ... or grant you an extension. Unfortunately, you'll have to live with the uncertainty for now ::)

However, the 11 months is how long it takes to process 80% of the applications - the fastest 20% are processed in 5 months.

In Dec 2011, in Buffalo, 20% of the cases were completed within 5 months, 30% in 5 mo., 50% in 7 mo., 70% in 9 mo., 80% in 11 mo. Details available at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-speed-at-visa-offices-step-2-t102206.0.html

JimM

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
OhCanadiana said:
If the year expires, they'll either ask you for a new medical exam ... or grant you an extension. Unfortunately, you'll have to live with the uncertainty for now ::)

However, the 11 months is how long it takes to process 80% of the applications - the fastest 20% are processed in 5 months.

In Dec 2011, in Buffalo, 20% of the cases were completed within 5 months, 30% in 5 mo., 50% in 7 mo., 70% in 9 mo., 80% in 11 mo. Details available at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-speed-at-visa-offices-step-2-t102206.0.html
Thanks for that link! That breakdown used to be on the CIC website, but they removed it some time ago, I bookmarked the Open Data site :)

I knew the 11 month figure was for 80% but wasn't to sure how many of the rest would cross the 1 year mark as well. Hopefully I'll at least make it into the first 50% :)

mapleleafs2011

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Anyone who was transferred to seattle who got their PPR or still awaiting. Did they update ECAS slow?

File was transferred 12/4/12 to Seattle but I've gotten no updates in ECAS.

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update and see if anyone has any advice! We were told that on March 28 my husband was approved as sponsor, but never received anything in writing. I called CIC-M Friday and they said that they can't send anything in writing, but that the file is in Buffalo. So I emailed Buffalo on Friday and received a response today saying that they do not have my file.

Any thoughts on what to do here?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update and see if anyone has any advice! We were told that on March 28 my husband was approved as sponsor, but never received anything in writing. I called CIC-M Friday and they said that they can't send anything in writing, but that the file is in Buffalo. So I emailed Buffalo on Friday and received a response today saying that they do not have my file.

Try calling the call centre again - it may be at a different visa office (not today though, it's Victoria Day)

mapleleafs2011

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi all,

I got an email directly with an attachment. Are you suppose to ge ta actual copy?

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
mapleleafs2011 said:
Anyone who was transferred to seattle who got their PPR or still awaiting. Did they update ECAS slow?

File was transferred 12/4/12 to Seattle but I've gotten no updates in ECAS.
Hi, I was notified by email when I was transferred to Seattle but other than that I never heard from Seattle until PPR. About a week before I got PPR, my ecas switched to "In Process". And now, even though I got PPR, my ecas still just says "In process" lol. I don't think ecas is updated all that often.

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
avocadosandcheese said:
Hi all,

Maybe Buffalo has transferred it to a satellite office - but they should still be able to tell you where. I would reply back saying that CIC-M informed you that your file was sent to Buffalo as of xx date and you are concerned as to where your file is. If they still say they don't have it I would contact CIC-M back and ask for a supervisor. Keep us posted!!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Siberix said:
My husband is a Canadian citizen and I am an American. My husband and I were dating long distance for a little over a year before we got married. We immediately began the application process afterwards. We decided the best route was to hire a lawyer to make sure everything got done right and nothing fell through the cracks (for reference for anybody our lawyer cost around $4,000 for the whole process but it also includes the filing and landing fees for PR). We are a few months shy of our one year anniversary and have finally acquired all of the paperwork requested. FBI check, medical exam, Canadian police report (because I had been in Canada for a collective 6+ months) and my husband's Schedule C forms. We needed 2010's but then when the calendar flipped over to 2012 we then had to wait for his 2011 taxes to be filed before we could acquire the current Schedule C. The acquiring process would have been shorter but it does take a while to get everything since government agencies take a while. It took the FBI almost 2 months to send me back my report. The RCMP was much quicker with theirs with a matter of weeks. Anyways, we are going to make an appointment with our lawyer soon and hand over the last of everything so we can FINALLY send it off and hope for the best :)

PS: We were told that pictures of us with each others friends and family help convince them of our relationship so we made sure to take lots of pics during holidays. He spent one Christmas and Thanksgiving with mine and I spent a Christmas with his in Canada. Also included is an 11+ page long call log from Skype to prove we had been in constant contact with each other despite the distance. Just an FYI for anybody maybe looking for things to include with their app :)

Wow your lawyer is doubled what i paid!!!! That is ridiculously high!!! David Cohen is my lawyer and this forum was created by his office. That is just crazy!