+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
Has anyone had their file transferred to Detroit? I was notified in March 23rd of the transfer and that they needed some more info and that I could email it. I did so the day I received the email. I haven't heard anything else and it just says online they started processing on March 22. I feel so anxious ! Good luck to everyone and those who are finished happy for you.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
I want to know about LA. I was notified of the transfer (to Buffalo incidentally) on MArch 20th and nothing since. Also, I only found it was/is being transferred to LA after I wrote to LA. ???

What's going on?? anyone else experience something like this?

Rouge

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ---> NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
NY Visa office 29/2/2012
Passport Req..
19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
Landed! I can't believe it! This process is over. Wow :eek:

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
COngrats York Region!!! and happy for you, Rouge!

belee1985

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seattle received the copies of the passport on May 2nd 2012 and ecas changed from "In Process" to "Decision made" on May 11th 2012. I guess we should expect the COPR in the mail anytime soon now :)

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
vanoh said:
Has anyone had their file transferred to Detroit? I was notified in March 23rd of the transfer and that they needed some more info and that I could email it. I did so the day I received the email. I haven't heard anything else and it just says online they started processing on March 22. I feel so anxious ! Good luck to everyone and those who are finished happy for you.
Hi vanoh.. Yes I can answer your question, my file was transferred to Detroit in February, from Buffalo.. They requested info at that time which we sent them, about 5 weeks later they requested more info and sent a form for him to sign we sent back with in 2 days. You can expect at least 4-6 week delay in processing each time they request new information. On ecas your update may not change out of "processing" as like alot of other people, so don't pay attention to the ecas, it only makes you more anxious and I know this from experience.. Just hang in there, I know waiting is hard and being patient is even harder, but look at the bright side of being sent to detroit, their processing time is shorter than Buffalo's by about 3 months... :) Good luck oh and this forum is great had really helped me alot and I'm glad that I can offer some advise and information to another person going through the same thing.

Lasiar

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Just got off the phone, and it's official: file was transferred to LA on May 8th.

again... any info from anyone who was transferred to LA?? or everything went so smoothly that no one came on this forum anymore for solace?? ;D ;D :p

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
General impression from forum members are:
1) Files are transferred to satellite offices because there is backlog in Buffalo.
2) Satellite offices process applications faster. :D

You can check the Buffalo spreadsheet column I to see who's transferred to LA to get a feel for the approximate timeline.

Amoss said:
Just got off the phone, and it's official: file was transferred to LA on May 8th.

again... any info from anyone who was transferred to LA?? or everything went so smoothly that no one came on this forum anymore for solace?? ;D ;D :p

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Are you a US citizen? If so, you may want to drive out of Canada and drive back in to re-establish your status and restart the 6-month counter. Anyway, hopefully you will hear good news soon, and I added you to the Buffalo spreadsheet.
Good luck!

caledonia said:
Thats kind of what I was thinking, I dont want to sound desperate begging them! My medicals were sent to Ottawa yesterday and I received an email from buffalo today saying my application was in process and they were unable to provide a date when my application will be complete. e-cas still says application received. does it sound like Im close? it seems Buffalo is issuing a lot of pprs lately and almost everyone who has similar timelines as me has theirs now :( (my application was received October 27th 2011, AOR (email) 20th Jan 2012, additional documents and RPRF request on Feb 13th 2012) Im reallly hoping to go back home for a holiday early June and because I am out of status (because immigration canada doesnt have any record of me leaving and re-entering! ) I need my PPR before I go! This forum has been a lifesaver and I have been following it for months, its nice to know other people are going through the same thing!

bubba

Jan 12, 2012
Another question for the gurus...

I have a friend who is Canadian by birth who married a Venezuelan woman who got her PR. They arrived a couple weeks ago and have not yet received the PR card. They are leaving in a couple days back to Venezuela. How long can she stay out while maintaining her PR? Will they take it away if she stays out too long?

Thanks!

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
GOGOGO said:
Are you a US citizen? If so, you may want to drive out of Canada and drive back in to re-establish your status and restart the 6-month counter. Anyway, hopefully you will hear good news soon, and I added you to the Buffalo spreadsheet.
Good luck!
I am from Ireland and my husband is Canadian. I have been out of status since October 2010, if I leave Canada and try and re enter wont they give me a hard time for overstaying for so long? I just had a baby so I definitely don't want to get stranded in the US! Or will the fact that I am in the final stages of PR application support my entry back in? I was thinking I would get less hassle from immigration if I crossed the border by land than through an airport? I really want to go back to Ireland in early June and return around the 20th. If I received my ppr request while in Ireland (if I dont get it beforehand obviously) I could fly into Buffalo and get the visa and then land on the way back to Toronto. That would be almost 6 weeks away, in your experience how likely is it I will get the PPR by then since Ottawa just received my medicals yesterday and it seems like that was all they needed in order to issue PPR. (sorry if this post is confusing, this whole situation is wrecking my head! ha! :D ) Worst case scenario, I go to Ireland and return to Canada via the US without my visa and they might not let me back in? even if I am travelling with my baby and my husband will still be in Toronto. and thanks for adding me! :)

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
Lasiar said:
Hi vanoh.. Yes I can answer your question, my file was transferred to Detroit in February, from Buffalo.. They requested info at that time which we sent them, about 5 weeks later they requested more info and sent a form for him to sign we sent back with in 2 days. You can expect at least 4-6 week delay in processing each time they request new information. On ecas your update may not change out of "processing" as like alot of other people, so don't pay attention to the ecas, it only makes you more anxious and I know this from experience.. Just hang in there, I know waiting is hard and being patient is even harder, but look at the bright side of being sent to detroit, their processing time is shorter than Buffalo's by about 3 months... :) Good luck oh and this forum is great had really helped me alot and I'm glad that I can offer some advise and information to another person going through the same thing.

Lasiar
Thanks for answering my post ! I am here in Canada right now and I am returning to Ohio for a few weeks and making the trip back. I love it here but it is unsettling not being able to work and everything I do my husband has to be with me ! I cannot enroll my daughter in school so now she is half a year behind I am hoping and praying that our PR comes before school in the fall ! Good luck to everyone !!!!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bubba said:
Another question for the gurus...

I have a friend who is Canadian by birth who married a Venezuelan woman who got her PR. They arrived a couple weeks ago and have not yet received the PR card. They are leaving in a couple days back to Venezuela. How long can she stay out while maintaining her PR? Will they take it away if she stays out too long?

Thanks!
To maintain her PR status, she generally needs to be in Canada 2 years out of every rolling 5 years. That bring said, if she is with her husband, a Canadian citizen, a day outside of Canada counts as if she were in Canada - details are I'm Appendix A at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp. So status isn't what she needs to be concerned about.

What may not be so simple is that if she doesn't have her PR card before leaving, she's going to need to get a travel document issued by the Embassy of Canada in Caracas before she can travel back to Canada (unless she is traveling on a private airline). In some locations, travel documents are easier to get than others so you may want to ask about people's experiences out in the main forum and/or call the Embassy before she heads out so she knows timing and what documents she needs to take.

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Amoss said:
I want to know about LA. I was notified of the transfer (to Buffalo incidentally) on MArch 20th and nothing since. Also, I only found it was/is being transferred to LA after I wrote to LA. ???

What's going on?? anyone else experience something like this?
Hey Amoss,

We are on about the same timeline. We got sponsor approval on 3/28 apparently (says CIC-M) and they said that they mailed us a letter, but we still haven't received anything! No word from Buffalo yet either. I have no clue where my file is or what is going on! You'd suggest emailing Buffalo?

bubba

Jan 12, 2012
Thank you. What if I just mail her the pr card before she flies back? She listed my address as her mailing address in Canada.