+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bubba said:
Thank you. What if I just mail her the pr card before she flies back? She listed my address as her mailing address in Canada.
How long will she be in Venezuela? PR cards are taking 39 business days to be sent out so she'd need to be there over a month and a half if she just landed a couple weeks ago.

If she'll be there long enough, call CIC and ask. I've read on here that folks on here report they are planning to mail it, however I was told by CIC call center folks that it is illegal (I never found documentation either way) and that shipping companies and export clearance have been instructed to confiscate them and send them to CIC if found.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
From what I've read in the forum, the border officers at US/Canada land crossing tend to be easy on people from visa exempted country with PR process underway. However, those people normally show strong ties to their home country/residency.

As you have been in Canada for so long and you just have a young baby borned there, I presume it will be difficult for you to show your ties to your home country. If that's the case, then I totally understand your risk of being rejected into Canada. You may well just stick with your original plan.

Have you considered ordering GCMS to see how your file is doing and what steps are still outstanding?

caledonia said:
I am from Ireland and my husband is Canadian. I have been out of status since October 2010, if I leave Canada and try and re enter wont they give me a hard time for overstaying for so long? I just had a baby so I definitely don't want to get stranded in the US! Or will the fact that I am in the final stages of PR application support my entry back in? I was thinking I would get less hassle from immigration if I crossed the border by land than through an airport? I really want to go back to Ireland in early June and return around the 20th. If I received my ppr request while in Ireland (if I dont get it beforehand obviously) I could fly into Buffalo and get the visa and then land on the way back to Toronto. That would be almost 6 weeks away, in your experience how likely is it I will get the PPR by then since Ottawa just received my medicals yesterday and it seems like that was all they needed in order to issue PPR. (sorry if this post is confusing, this whole situation is wrecking my head! ha! :D ) Worst case scenario, I go to Ireland and return to Canada via the US without my visa and they might not let me back in? even if I am travelling with my baby and my husband will still be in Toronto. and thanks for adding me! :)

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Two questions:

First, the Option C revenue thing... my sponsor hasn't been able to get it yet (if he doesn't have every piece of information to verify things (like some refund, etc) then they won't comply, even when he knew it was one of 2 banks he has accounts with for direct deposit.. because he got it wrong the first time, they won't let him use the other. It's stupid)... That said, if he sends in a copy of his Tax Return and OSAP to prove his 12 month income, and a letter explaining WHY he couldn't get the Option C... would this be enough?

Second, it tells me to provide the medical papers myself with the application package... thing is, today when I did my exam they didn't give me anything. I took in Section A for the exam, and they had told me on the phone that they would be sending it in.
...is this a potential problem? I mean, I forgot to print the section C thing to be signed as proof.. what can I do? I'm 3 hours away from the doctor right now.

Thanks all!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
Kiri said:
Two questions:

First, the Option C revenue thing... That said, if he sends in a copy of his Tax Return and OSAP to prove his 12 month income, and a letter explaining WHY he couldn't get the Option C... would this be enough?

, I forgot to print the section C thing to be signed as proof.. what can I do? I'm 3 hours away from the doctor right now.
As to the option C, I think it's more just to see that your husband does his taxes or something, because my option C literally had nothing on it (I had no income the year before and was still approved as the sponsor). Sounds like a pain in the butt that you can't get it, and I am not sure I fully understand why you can't, but after speaking with agents, it seems that whatever you aren't able to show (which is otherwise required), you should send a letter explaining why. For example, I couldn't show proof that we will be moving to Canada for sure after the process (it's too far in advance and you just never know, so I couldn't feel comfortable apply for jobs yet or schools), so I wrote a letter (signed and dated) as to why.

With regards to the section C, I would definitely recommend that you try to send it, or at least something. Maybe you could get the doctor who performed the exam to provide all the info to mail you some proof? Or e-mail you? or fax you? And in the letter they could provide all the info that they should have filled out in the section C form? Then I would accompany your doctor's letter with a letter of your own saying why it's not the section C and just a doctor's note.

Basically, you just have to do your best to fill int he gaps for CIC.

Good luck!

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Still waiting on news from Seattle (where I was transferred). Amoss & Avacado - hi! I didn't hear of my transfer to Seattle until I emailed them to update my passport (I had had it renewed). I don't know if that was coincidence or not or that made them pull my application from the pile..lol

In other news, I hope this thread is ok to post this in. I thought it might be of interest to some fellow Buffalo applicants. I truly applied outland & my husband and I were constantly travelling back and forth. Now that we are nearing (we hope) the end of the process, we decided for me to come visit for the remainder of the process.

My husband flew down and we drove (from Texas! lol) to Winnipeg. We brought my very tiny car, I brought some personal items, clothes, and my pet cat :) I was pretty worried about getting in considering I gave up my apartment & job in the US - thought I have tons of family and friends back home to verify my strong ties. Still, I'd never crossed without having a job etc, to prove I had to go back to. And I always flew across previously, never drove and definitely not with my cat.

It was actually pretty uneventful. We did have to park and go inside to speak with the immigration officer. He wanted to see our marriage certificate and proof of my transfer to Buffalo/Seattle. I didn't have a printout with me (fail! haha) but I was able to show him the email on my phone. Turns out he really just wanted my client ID number - so make sure you have that handy. We were both very tired, I was a bit nervous, but the officer was very courteous. I think he asked my husband (my sponsor) more questions than me and then without much further ado, he came back with a visitor record of 6 months for me. He did ask me if I was moving now and I made it very clear, I was just visiting and my stuff was still all back in Texas. We talked a bit about landing procedures for when I receive my approval, he gave us the forms for landing and then sent us on our way. No one even searched our vehicle or inspected my cat. I think the immigration officer looked at my cat's rabies certificate but that was about it.

Anyhow, so to anyone wanting to visit during the process, be honest, have your documents handy, don't bring alot of stuff and you will likely be fine.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
podkayne8 said:
Anyhow, so to anyone wanting to visit during the process, be honest, have your documents handy, don't bring alot of stuff and you will likely be fine.
Thanks for the info! We have considered that option as well because we are not in love with where we are now, and consider waiting out the end of the process in Canada.

Btw, our file was transferred to LA, and the only reason I found out about that was because I wrote to Buffalo and they told me as much (in the second round of emails). However, it was only just transferred (May 8) so maybe LA will let us know something.

Anyway, glad you made it across the border! sounds very hopeful for others wanting to do the same ... plus your cat is with you! yay! :D :D :D

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
Same for me. Buffalo told me about my file transfer to NY only after I sent something to them via Case Specific Enquiry.

Amoss said:
Btw, our file was transferred to LA, and the only reason I found out about that was because I wrote to Buffalo and they told me as much (in the second round of emails). However, it was only just transferred (May 8) so maybe LA will let us know something.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Just want to share my little 'pre-landing' story at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls on Thursday.

I stayed in Buffalo the night before, and my husband joined me in Buffalo in the morning. We met with some friends and did some run-around stuff before heading towards the border in the afternoon.

Crossing Rainbow Bridge #1: We paid toll ($3.25), drove across Rainbow Bridge to the Canadian border, and told the officer at the booth that I wanted to land. The officer insisted that I should have got a 'form' from the US immigration, and suggested we turn around to US side, get the 'form' and come back. I think the 'form' she referred to was the 'entry refusal to US' note which generally for flagpoling and tried to explain but in vain. There's no point arguing with her as we know we're not going to win. :-X

Crossing Rainbow Bridge #2: Reluctantly, we turned around back to the US side, arrived at the booth after about 15 mins wait because of the long line-up. :( We told the officer why we're back in US. She asked a few general questions, then sent us into the office. We waited for about 5 mins until another officer called us. He said we were already in US earlier so we did not need anything from them. :-\ We told him we tried to explain to the Canadian officer but she told us to come back to US and get the 'form'. He shaked his head, stamped my passport and told us to show it if the Canadian officer asks for it. He said we could choose to either go straight back to Canada, or go into US do some shopping, a meal or so before heading back to Canada.

Crossing Rainbow Bridge #3: We turned right back as we had a dinner appointment in Toronto after landing. We paid toll again (yes, another $3.25 :( ), went to a different booth at the Canadian side, and told our story. This officer also said we should have got a 'form' from the US side! :eek: We told her what the US officer told us, and she eventually sent us into the office for landing.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
GOGOGO said:
Just want to share my little 'pre-landing' story at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls on Thursday.

I stayed in Buffalo the night before, and my husband joined me in Buffalo in the morning. We met with some friends and did some run-around stuff before heading towards the border in the afternoon.

Crossing Rainbow Bridge #1: We paid toll ($3.25), drove across Rainbow Bridge to the Canadian border, and told the officer at the booth that I wanted to land. The officer insisted that I should have got a 'form' from the US immigration, and suggested we turn around to US side, get the 'form' and come back. I think the 'form' she referred to was the 'entry refusal to US' note which generally for flagpoling and tried to explain but in vain. There's no point arguing with her as we know we're not going to win. :-X

Crossing Rainbow Bridge #2: Reluctantly, we turned around back to the US side, arrived at the booth after about 15 mins wait because of the long line-up. :( We told the officer why we're back in US. She asked a few general questions, then sent us into the office. We waited for about 5 mins until another officer called us. He said we were already in US earlier so we did not need anything from them. :-\ We told him we tried to explain to the Canadian officer but she told us to come back to US and get the 'form'. He shaked his head, stamped my passport and told us to show it if the Canadian officer asks for it. He said we could choose to either go straight back to Canada, or go into US do some shopping, a meal or so before heading back to Canada.

Crossing Rainbow Bridge #3: We turned right back as we had a dinner appointment in Toronto after landing. We paid toll again (yes, another $325 :( ), went to a different booth at the Canadian side, and told our story. This officer also said we should have got a 'form' from the US side! :eek: We told her what the US officer told us, and she eventually sent us into the office for landing.
This makes me mad!! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, but I'm glad you're finally here! Where does Rainbow Bridge end at? Toronto area? (I don't know many of the bridges haha)

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Rainbow Bridge crosses from Niagara Falls, NY to Niagara Falls, ON. Also, I think the only Buffalo crossing that you can walk across.

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Kiri said:
Two questions:

First, the Option C revenue thing... my sponsor hasn't been able to get it yet (if he doesn't have every piece of information to verify things (like some refund, etc) then they won't comply, even when he knew it was one of 2 banks he has accounts with for direct deposit.. because he got it wrong the first time, they won't let him use the other. It's stupid)... That said, if he sends in a copy of his Tax Return and OSAP to prove his 12 month income, and a letter explaining WHY he couldn't get the Option C... would this be enough?

Second, it tells me to provide the medical papers myself with the application package... thing is, today when I did my exam they didn't give me anything. I took in Section A for the exam, and they had told me on the phone that they would be sending it in.
...is this a potential problem? I mean, I forgot to print the section C thing to be signed as proof.. what can I do? I'm 3 hours away from the doctor right now.

Thanks all!
when I went to my medical exam, they also told me that everything would be mailed directly to CIC from Ottawa. However, they also gave me an official 'receipt' from my exam, complete with a photo, and a filled out form. I was told to include that in the application package.

As far as the option C, I believe it is to ensure that your sponsor does not receive financial assistance from the government. My wife didn't have to deal with any banks to get her Option C, she just called Revenue Canada and got it in about 5 days. Don't remember what info she had to give them...

NYQUE

May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
**THIS IS LONG POST**

Hello all,

It's been a while since I have been wanting to share my interview experience and landing afterwards (yes finally landing!), a bit of background, I was an International Student in the US, we filed our application in April of 2011, I received a letter on August advising a personal interview was required to assess our application, previously I held a Canada multiple visitor's visa from 2008 until 2010 and then I renewed it and they gave me another 5 months from the end of 2010 until May of 2011 which was when my US student visa was about to expire, this allowed me to visit my wife almost every month while I finished College. Since January I have been working as an IT consultant for a company in the US (I also had a work permit through OPT benefit of my student status in the US), by the time I received the letter advising an interview was required, my visitor visa to Canada was expired and I was awaiting the last extension of my work permit, against all odds I went to request another multiple visitor's visa which to my surprise they issued until 2013 (when my passport will expires), I say to my surprise because the last time I renewed it they gave me only 5 months, I have to mention also that I have visited Canada over a dozen of times and always respected the times I was allowed to stay.

So I left to Canada almost at the end of August, crossing the border was not a big issue, I told them I was going to see my wife, I showed them statements from the bank showing I had enough savings to cover my staying, initially I had planned to stay for 1 month, but me and my wife decided to wait until knowing the date of the interview (our first letter said that we were placed in an interview queue), by the time I had already requested the first set of GCMS notes as you should do in case you are schedule for an interview.

Of the things we were able to see, basically they had problems believing the timeline of our relationship (we did married pretty fast, we had a small civil ceremony where her family attended but not mine since they all are in my country of birth). Also for whatever reason they said that in the application I submitted to renew my TRV on December 2010, I did not mention I was married, which was odd since I had no reason not to mention I was married at the time (I'll go into that later), they also mentioned me and wife had different religious backgrounds (I was raised Catholic she was raised as Jehovah’s witness, at the time we met, got married and presently neither of us practice a religion), also they mentioned that we did not have any records of us trying to combine our affairs (bank accounts, etc.)

Times goes by until December 2011 when I received a letter at my US address confirming our interview was schedule at the embassy in Buffalo on April 25, 2012, so from the date of the first letter advising an interview was required until the actual interview date it's a whole 8 months, I saw people on this forum getting the whole application completed in less than that time. Because the interview was going to be held in Buffalo and me being from a non-exempt visa country for both Canada and the US, I had to request a US visitor visa while in here, I had to mention I did have a visitor visa valid until 2015 but unfortunately I had my passport stolen in an unrelated event in New York, before that I requested an extension to stay in Canada since the 6 months limit was going to expire on February 2012, I requested an extension until April 25 (the day of the interview) which I should've extended longer than that period to play it safe, so anyone reading this that have an interview scheduled and request an extension to stay past the initial 6 months, extend it beyond the interview date in case for whatever reason after the interview you have to go back to Canada without a PR visa.

So I received a visitor record (different from a visitor visa) valid until April 25, on February I submitted an application for a US visitor visa, went to a personal interview at the US embassy in Ottawa, I knew a lot of people on visitor status in Canada have been refused, even temporary workers and students, however I have had records of previously visiting the US and my last status in the US was as a student. The day of the interview everything went well and the interviewer officer basically acknowledged that I had a valid US visitor visa before and that if I still had that passport I had stolen, I wouldn't be there to request a new visa, so I was issued a US visitor visa for 10 years (1 less thing to worry).

During this time me and wife rented a beautiful house outside Montreal finally started to settle and tried to have a normal life, we opened a joint bank account, put the hydro bill under both names and basically just waited the date of the interview.

We decided to drove from Montreal to Buffalo a day before the interview, it took us a little over 8 hours, when we arrived to the US border, the officials were very friendly, however the officer noted that my visitor record was set to expire the next day (the 25) and that there were no guarantees that I was going to be approved hence in the event of having to go back to Canada after the interview without a PR visa, there were no guarantees Canada will let me in, he went to speak to his supervisor and came back saying he will let me in, he stamped my passport and wrote "valid until: April 25" so they allowed me to be in the US for only 1 day!

Anyways at least I was allowed to attend the interview, we drove to downtown Buffalo, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency which is at a walkable distance (less than 1 mile) from the Embassy.

Interview day: The interview was scheduled at 10:30 AM, so we checked out before from the hotel, put our bags in the car and walked to the embassy, I really can't say I was nervous, my wife was a little bit but we were both confident everything was going to be fine because after all, we had nothing to hide, so we arrived at the embassy, we asked the security guard and for what I was able to see they had a list in advance of who is supposed to attend that day, to our surprise seems we were not in the list, he made a phone call and after that he gave us an ID badge to access the premises in the 30th floor, we arrived and to our surprise it was totally empty not one single person waiting, I checked in with the clerk in the first window who told me to take a seat and wait. During all that time no one showed up and though I couldn't see what was happening behind the office it didn't look as busy as you would've think taking in consideration the amount of work Buffalo seems to have. We waited around 45 minutes until I was called, only me not my wife, the lady was very polite at the beginning of the interview, explained me that the interview was divided in 3 parts, the first was about my life, my background, the second about my relationship with my wife and the third was that she will make a decision that day, depending on the answers I provided.

So we started discussing my life, my family, the family I have in Canada, etc., she was surprised to hear I have almost a perfect English language skills, which I found odd since I went to College in the US, anyways, as we moved to described our relationship she started to be tougher and tougher, she asked me about how my wife's family was ok to marry me, etc., she wanted to know how we did communicated, travels I made, she made, she told me that a concern for her was that I left to Canada soon after my student visa expired appears to be to look for status in Canada, however I told her that was not the case because I had an employment authorization allowing to stay in the US until February of 2012 (I had to show the EAD card I was issued by US Immigration). The interview lasted around 1 hour 20 minutes, I showed her the leased me and my wife signed for the house, the bank statements with both names, hydro bills, my passport with stamps of all visits, also I prepared a photo a timeline photo album using Publisher, from the date we met until the day of the interview, it showed for example my wife attended my commencement ceremony last May, my father travel also from my country of birth and it was the first time they both met, so it shows photos with him and with extended family I have in the US, it showed photos also of the house and with her family as well, I think the album was well done. As I stated above she indeed asked about the visitor's visa application I made on December 2010, saying I did not mention I was married, but since I am a very detail oriented person I always kept copies of all applications I made in the past, I printed a copy of the application I submitted on December 2010, first the main application and in the additional family information, both showed I did mentioned I was married, the name of my wife and the address she was living at the time, she did not say anything else after that, at the end she told me she was "reasonable convinced our relationship was genuine", BTW my wife was never called to the interviewer both, it was all me, and I think it was due to the fact that the lady did not speak French (my wife only speaks French), that is only an assumption I'm making, after that she started to review everything was completed (police records, payments, etc.) I had a more recent RCMP police record I requested since I have been in Canada for more than 6 months, she asked me to hand it over since it was more recent than the one they had on file, then mentioned that medical records were not present due to a change in their systems back in March, so told me to come back after 1 PM since she will request the records from the Ottawa office.

We went to have lunch at a local restaurant and went back as instructed at 1 PM, another clerk was there and requested my passport, she asked me if by any chance I had passport photos (which I did not because I was not asked to take any) so they used the photos I originally submitted with the application, waited like 30 mins. and then the lady came with my passport, PR visa stamped and COPR too, the PR visa was valid for 1 year from that date (valid until April 2013), so me and my wife just hugged and thanked this was finally over.

Landing: After doing some souvenir shopping in downtown we head up to the border, landing was pretty simple, I told the officer I was coming to land, he advised to go to the office inside, I gave my passport, a few questions were asked, since we entered through Ontario, we were not asked to show my CSQ, we waited like 45 minutes, signed COPR and a few other forms, the lady stamped my passport and that was it, we head to our car drove 8 hours back to Montreal and just like that our journey was finished, it took 1 year and 10 days since the application was received in Mississauga, sometimes I think if it would've been the same as doing it inland, I already received my SIN card, applied to Quebec health insurance and I was lucky enough to have a job waiting for me here since the company I was working in the US have offices in Montreal, so Interview, PR visa and Landing were all done the same day and I respected the one day US allowed me to stay!

For people awaiting interview, I know we all want to know the questions that they might ask, all cases are different, request a copy of your GCMS notes, that way you can see what are their concerns (I requested 3 sets of GCMS notes, always did it via email and never had problems getting them on time) organize your proof in sections so it's easy for you to find it when asked, and above everything else be honest, there is no reason to be nervous when you are telling the truth.

I wish the best to all waiting, I know it is difficult because I have lived it, and above else have faith in that superior being, if anyone would like to know more details of our experience feel free to ask, thanks to all for their best wishes support and expertise, specially to ddobr2, Eddy070 and GOGOGO.

Sorry if this was REALLY LONG, have a good day all!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
NYQUE: Congratulations on landing! So happy for you! I read your entire post and felt like I was watching a movie! Welcome to Canada!! :)

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
Sorry, this is probably a dumb question but I searched and somehow didn't find much.

Anyways, my wife and I mailed our application 4/20, and Mississauga received it 4/23 (you can add that to the spreadsheet GOGOGO). I know that it takes them ~80 days or whatever for them to approve her as a sponsor, but what is the first approximate date of contact we can expect from them?

Also, do we only receive a Client ID after she is approved? When is the ID issued?

Thanks for answering something you guys have probably already answered 10 times :)