to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
caledonia said:
If theres ever a time in my life that will teach me patience, its going through this! :D I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of a case where PPR was issued shortly after meds were recieved? as in days?
I know what you mean! It's been nearly 2 months since our filed was transferred and no word. Our ecas was updated to meds received about 2 weeks ago and still no word. I am under the distinct impression that there is no rhyme or reason to time lines here.

I would LOVE to hear from them!!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jenny parsely said:
Hi,

I am living with my husband in usa and we both are getting job interview calls in toronto canada. So can I land as soon as I get my landing documents and declare the list of items that I will be taking with me?

I mean I land first, declare items that I will bring next time when I enter canada, get my SIN no and come back again to usa pack up my stuff and show that the declared items?

Moreover I was told that when I land, my husband should be present in canada. So we are planning that when I land my husband is with me and we both enter canada together. Does that mean that my husband also has to declare items that he will bring in future as we will be going there just for my SIN no and come back again to USA.

Please advise
Yes, you have to declare your goods when you land and your husband has to declare his the first time he enters with the intent to live in Canada 12 months ... and since looking for a job is intent, he should do it next time he lands. If the goods are both of yours you could choose to have only one of you declare all of them, if that's easier.

That being said, I don't believe your husband has to be in Canada or with you when you land - you may want to double check with CIC or others on the forum.

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
PPR yeeeeeeeeeeee

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Fantastic news, York Region! Congratulations!!! So happy for you!!!
Go Go Oldies!! :p

York Region said:
PPR yeeeeeeeeeeee

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
Thank you all - you were a big support for me and my family.P.S by the way I am allowed to get visa in person in Buffalo therefore visa issue for immigrant applicats "the same day" still available

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
York Region said:
Thank you all - you were a big support for me and my family.P.S by the way I am allowed to get visa in person in Buffalo therefore visa issue for immigrant applicats "the same day" still available
Thanks for sharing that! That's great news to hear! I am planning on driving straight away to Buffalo if my ppr ever comes :)

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Has anyone here had trouble setting up a bank account in Canada with your US passport,US drivers license,COPR, and the piece of paper they printed with your SIN number on it?

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
kourts said:
Has anyone here had trouble setting up a bank account in Canada with your US passport,US drivers license,COPR, and the piece of paper they printed with your SIN number on it?
Hi Kourts,

Check out this link below. Given your info, it sounds like you have everything required. I just briefly skimmed it, though. Hope this info helps!

maplesyrup

May 8, 2012
Hello good people,

Background:
I have been slogging through this process for over a year now. I got an exclusion order last May, and my application for PR was recieved by Buffalo (I am a US citizen) in September 2011. My exclusion order is over on the last day of May, this year. The reason for the exclusion order was that I was living part-time in Canada, with my partner and our 4 year old son (both Canadian), before I applied for PR. I was refused entry on the way North from the States, with my son. There was no criminality or overstay, just suspicion that I would overstay/ stronger ties to Canada than the US. Everything was done, I thought, but then I got a letter fom CIC two weeks ago requesting police certificates from Mexico. They had requested these before, along with some other things, but I wrote to remind them that I have never lived in Mexico, only traveled there once for two months in the last ten years. In the last letter from CIC, two weeks ago, they requested the police certificates again, 'in light of my arrest' (I was arrested when I was 18 for a minor drug possesion, and not convicted). They did not explain the connection. So I submitted the documents in the way outlined on the CIC site to obtain the federal Informe, and they were recieved by the CIC in Mexico last week.

Questions:

1: How long should it take CIC Mexico/PGR to send the Informe de Datos Registrales to Buffalo?

2: Is it almost certain that I will be given another exclusion order if I try to reenter Canada after the end of the current one and before PR status has been granted?

Thanks a lot.

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
Well the bank wouldn't accept the COPR, and the lady said my SIN number had to be on the actual card not the piece of paper. Which I have no idea why because the lady who gave me it said it could be used as a temp card until i got the real one.

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
Buffalo emailed me back today (less than 24 hours, a record!) and said they had emailed me requesting me to get the xray in february which they didnt, I would definitely know if they had because I check my email all day waiting to hear from them! So Ill get the xray tomorrow and fax it to Buffalo, do you think its a good sign they got back to me so quickly?? Maybe they'll issue my PPR when they get the meds? is that just wishful thinking? lol