Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
Amoss said:
All this talk of landing!! It must be really exciting despite the confusion! Congratulations! :D

I am just wondering about police record checks. Did anyone have to redo theirs? My husband lived in several countries after he turned 18 and he indeed submitted all of them, but I am wondering, since it is taking so long, if he will be asked to resubmit them-- EVEN if he hasn't been to that country at all since the police record checks were released. ::)

Anyone have to resubmit such police certificates?
yes, I had to resubmit new ones because some arrived 3 months after the first ones...
you both need to do some homework and make sure he requests the ones that take the longest to come first because of the 3 months expiry...

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
calissons said:
yes, I had to resubmit new ones because some arrived 3 months after the first ones...
you both need to do some homework and make sure he requests the ones that take the longest to come first because of the 3 months expiry...
oh no! :eek: What a pain!!! :mad:
So you had to resubmit criminal record checks even from countries you haven't been to in a year or more??

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amoss said:
oh no! :eek: What a pain!!! :mad:
So you had to resubmit criminal record checks even from countries you haven't been to in a year or more??
It has been known to happen (but isn't a given). May you be free from that step :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jenny parsely said:
Hi,

If I have by mistake lost the PPR request email or mail, how do I know about the status for my PR file?

Please advise
If you received it and lost it, you can send a case specific enquiry to request it again by sending in a case specific enquiry via http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/buffalo.asp

If you are asking how to check on the status of your application, an imperfect solution is to see https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en (just beware that it isn't consistently updated)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
OhCanadiana said:
It has been known to happen (but isn't a given). May you be free from that step :)
Thanks for the input and well wishes! :)

TX-to-MTL

Apr 26, 2012
Finally, my eCAS status is now "in process". Seattle has started processing the application on May 1st. Hopefully I can get a PPR within a month!

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
If you're from a visa exempt country, then you can just show up at the border and let the officer know that you're visiting your husband while waiting for your PR. Bring along proofs that you have filed PR, and all sort of documents that show your ties to your home country or US (study, job, house, lease, bank statements, etc). Tell them you're planning to leave at a certain date, even though you may change your plan later.

If you are from non-visa exempt country, then you may want to consider applying for a visitor visa while you're still offiically working in the US. Again, showing strong ties to US or your home country will reduce the chance of getting visa rejected.

Either way, when you show up at the port of entry, please make sure you act/bring like a visitor. Do not bring in your whole household like big furnitures, kitchen appliances, etc, or else you may be turned away.

Good luck!

homi2285 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for PR since end of June last year and I'm still waitting for it. I'm a non US citizen and working in the US under OPT. I have a question : Is it possible to apply for a visitor visa while waiiting for PR? any things that I should be aware of?
I really just want to reunite with my husband in Canada, this PR process has been taking too long!!!

Please advise! Thank you so much

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
Some people received emails from the same email address (eg nsr). If you're in doubt, you can try to contact the CIC call center at 1-888-242-2100 (or 1-613-944-4000 from outside Canada), or send a Case Specific Enquiry: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=buffalo.

PurpleLilly said:
Hi, I see you are landed already, so its safe to say that this BFALOIMPA-AP @ international.gc.ca email address is legit? I just recieved an email from that address and I'm worried if it is some sort of scam. Also because the note that was sent to me looks like its a page scanned from a book. It had like a ring binder on the sides or something. Please advise. Thanks

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
From past posts, it can take 2 to 8 months or upward. You can search for "interview" in this thread or under Family Class Sponsorship, and should see some older posts.

In the meantime, order GCMS if you haven't done so. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/

Good luck!

nsr said:
Hi all

Update

Just got an email from BFALOIMPA-AP @ international.gc.ca that initial assessment is complete and an interview is required. We will inform you about date and time.

When should I expect next response from them about date. And how long they take to schedule interview.

Please share your timeline and experience with interview.

Thanks

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The 11-month processing time is not a guarantee; it's just an estimate figure for completing 80% of the applications based on past 12-months' experience. As each case is different depending on complexity of your case, whether interview is required, time for security check, workload of VO, etc. Your case can take longer or shorter, no one knows until it's been worked on. The best you can do is, make sure all forms are signed and all documents are included, send it off, stay clam, relax and hope for the best. ;)

The visitor extension will no longer valid once you leave Canada, no matter how longer you're staying outside. It will restart the 6-month counting when you go back in Canada.

Looks like a lot of normal US citizens have no problem going into Canada while showing the proofs that their PR were filed. But again, every case is different. You'd be better bring along other proofs showing your ties to US.

All the best!

Kiri said:
Does this mean that if I'm living in Canada on a visitor extension it can take 18 months... or since I'm living here on visitor visa it's 11 still? Ya'll have me freaked out now. Sending off my application on the 14th.

I also have a question... if I have to go to the states for less than one day (drive down to NY to meet someone for work stuff in the morning and drive right back the afternoon).. will I lose my visitor extension if I do get one? Will I risk not getting back in? Cause I'm gonna need to this summer (I'm sending off for PR not this coming Monday but next so I'll have the info once they inform me they have it before I go.) Will it restart my 6 months to go down and back and I have to reapply for extension? Or since it's less than 24hours will it still apply?

If I DO lose the extension and I'm in process I'm sure they will approve if I reapply if they dont' grant me that long of one at the border. But what are the odds they will reject me coming back same day if I have the proof of medical exam, and that my PR app is in and in process and all fees paid?

This is all based on them approving it. Still waiting. I'm here on implied right now as I was supposed to leave April 30th.

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hi,

I am living with my husband in usa and we both are getting job interview calls in toronto canada. So can I land as soon as I get my landing documents and declare the list of items that I will be taking with me?

I mean I land first, declare items that I will bring next time when I enter canada, get my SIN no and come back again to usa pack up my stuff and show that the declared items?

Moreover I was told that when I land, my husband should be present in canada. So we are planning that when I land my husband is with me and we both enter canada together. Does that mean that my husband also has to declare items that he will bring in future as we will be going there just for my SIN no and come back again to USA.

Please advise

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the situation Im in? Ive looked for answers on this forum but cant seem to find a straight answer! I did my medicals in July 2011 and sent my application in October 2011. I was pregnant at the time so I didnt do the xray. Ive been waiting for Buffalo to request the xray. They requested additional documents and my rprf in mid feb which I paid early March. So today I called the clinic where I did my medicals and they said they wouldnt have sent the medical report to Buffalo since the xray wasnt done so I am getting it done on wednesday. Since my rprf is already paid and the interview was waived does anyone know how long it will take for ppr if we fax the medicals straight away? Im so frustrated with this whole process and never getting any answers from Buffalo! and Im kicking myself for not getting the xray done sooner! if anyone has any advice/information, that would be great, thanks :)

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
caledonia said:
Hi, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the situation Im in? Ive looked for answers on this forum but cant seem to find a straight answer! I did my medicals in July 2011 and sent my application in October 2011. I was pregnant at the time so I didnt do the xray. Ive been waiting for Buffalo to request the xray. They requested additional documents and my rprf in mid feb which I paid early March. So today I called the clinic where I did my medicals and they said they wouldnt have sent the medical report to Buffalo since the xray wasnt done so I am getting it done on wednesday. Since my rprf is already paid and the interview was waived does anyone know how long it will take for ppr if we fax the medicals straight away? Im so frustrated with this whole process and never getting any answers from Buffalo! and Im kicking myself for not getting the xray done sooner! if anyone has any advice/information, that would be great, thanks :)
Nobody can give you a straight answer on time because nobody (not even Buffalo) knows. You just have to learn the art of patience like the rest of us! :p

caledonia

Mar 12, 2012
If theres ever a time in my life that will teach me patience, its going through this! :D I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard of a case where PPR was issued shortly after meds were recieved? as in days?