+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
No- they will still request docs if they need add'l ones.

Jenny parsely said:
Does In process mean that they have all the documents and no more docs are required to be submitted?
I am asking this because i had sent my FBI and Indian pcc after i received my file no.

g-man

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
The Franchise said:
This process is finally over... Received my COPR in the mail today. It's actually good for another 10 months. Didn't even take 2 weeks to come back (regular mail). CIC was nice enough to send all of our photos back. It's nice to actually live at the border. I can hop across whenever to land and get SIN, and apply for jobs, then actually move once something pans out.

Good luck to all those still waiting. It can be quite frustrating, but there is light through the abyss.

Cheers!
Wow lucky you, my PPR email said my COPR will only be good for about 3 months from the date of my PPR. I should be fine, but given my moving timetable, that's close to pushing the envelope!

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
muffy1 said:
CALISSONS!!! YAYYYYY!! CONGRATS! Super duper happy for you :) :)
Thank you!!! Really happy to get this PPR!

Just a question... my visa office is Seattle and since any VO seems to have different instructions, I prefer to ask..
here is what I read:

ADDRESSES IN CANADA
If your address is in Canada, the Consulate will return your passports via United States Postal Service First Class Mail. Please enclose a self-addressed return envelope (the envelope must measure at least 8.5 x 11 inches).

If First Class Mail is not acceptable, please provide a completed Federal Express air waybill and a return Federal Express courier envelope (the envelope must measure at least 8.5 x 11 inches). You must fill in your name and address as both the sender and the recipient on the waybill. The Consulate's address must not appear on the waybill. You must enter your valid Federal Express account number in the appropriate billing information box. Charges must be billed to recipient, not to sender. Payments by cheque or credit card are not accepted. Make a note of the tracking number.
The Consulate will not be responsible for filling out courier labels or verifying shipping charges; these are the sole responsibility of the applicant. If you do not adhere to the above instructions, then your passport(s) will be returned via First Class Mail.

Please note: We will not return passports to Canadian addresses using any commercial courier service other than Federal Express. If you send a waybill for UPS or DHL, then your passport(s) will be returned via First Class Mail.

==> So basically if I want them to return my COPR to Canada (for some reasons in e-cas they show my sponsor's address and not mine, which is fine with me anyway since I am currently visiting him), I don't return a pre-paid envelope?==> I just send them the photocopies of my passport (I am from a visa-exempt country)+ a big envelope, self-adressed, but not pre-paid, right? [because I have never heard of the Federal Express air thing seems complicated]

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
There you go, calissons! Congratulations!!! 8)

Right, if you choose not to do the Fedex thing, then just a self-addressed 8.5x11 envelope with your passport, etc.

calissons said:
Thank you!!! Really happy to get this PPR!

Just a question... my visa office is Seattle and since any VO seems to have different instructions, I prefer to ask..
here is what I read:

ADDRESSES IN CANADA
If your address is in Canada, the Consulate will return your passports via United States Postal Service First Class Mail. Please enclose a self-addressed return envelope (the envelope must measure at least 8.5 x 11 inches).

If First Class Mail is not acceptable, please provide a completed Federal Express air waybill and a return Federal Express courier envelope (the envelope must measure at least 8.5 x 11 inches). You must fill in your name and address as both the sender and the recipient on the waybill. The Consulate's address must not appear on the waybill. You must enter your valid Federal Express account number in the appropriate billing information box. Charges must be billed to recipient, not to sender. Payments by cheque or credit card are not accepted. Make a note of the tracking number.
The Consulate will not be responsible for filling out courier labels or verifying shipping charges; these are the sole responsibility of the applicant. If you do not adhere to the above instructions, then your passport(s) will be returned via First Class Mail.

Please note: We will not return passports to Canadian addresses using any commercial courier service other than Federal Express. If you send a waybill for UPS or DHL, then your passport(s) will be returned via First Class Mail.

==> So basically if I want them to return my COPR to Canada (for some reasons in e-cas they show my sponsor's address and not mine, which is fine with me anyway since I am currently visiting him), I don't return a pre-paid envelope?==> I just send them the photocopies of my passport (I am from a visa-exempt country)+ a big envelope, self-adressed, but not pre-paid, right? [because I have never heard of the Federal Express air thing seems complicated]

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
Congratulations NYQUE and happy to hear you had an easy landing too! Welcome (back) to Canada! :D

NYQUE said:
Hello all,

I just wanted to shared me and wife had our interview at Buffalo yesterday and thankfully I was approved, my passport was stamped after the interview along with my COPR.

Even though they asked both of us to be present at the interview, they only interviewed me.

We drove back to the border and I landed same day yesterday.

It took a little over than 1 year to have everything finished, out of that year, 8 months were just awaiting to be interviewed.

I will describe later how was the interview, landing was pretty simple as I was already with my wife so I didn't bring anything.

Best of luck to everyone.

B.

Jenny parsely

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hi all,

My husband and I will be moving to canada while my PR is still in process. If i receive my PPR in canada how do i land without re-entering canada. I live in USA and have a visitor visa for canada.

How do I take appointment for landing at toronto office?

How much time it takes to get an appointment?

What is the procedure to do so?

Please advise

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi, please check the response here...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants-t41886.0.html;msg1406591#msg1406591

Jenny parsely said:
Hi all,

My husband and I will be moving to canada while my PR is still in process. If i receive my PPR in canada how do i land without re-entering canada. I live in USA and have a visitor visa for canada.

How do I take appointment for landing at toronto office?

How much time it takes to get an appointment?

What is the procedure to do so?

Please advise

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
NYQUE said:
Hello all,

I just wanted to shared me and wife had our interview at Buffalo yesterday and thankfully I was approved, my passport was stamped after the interview along with my COPR.

Even though they asked both of us to be present at the interview, they only interviewed me.

We drove back to the border and I landed same day yesterday.

It took a little over than 1 year to have everything finished, out of that year, 8 months were just awaiting to be interviewed.

I will describe later how was the interview, landing was pretty simple as I was already with my wife so I didn't bring anything.

Best of luck to everyone.

B.
Congratulations! It's finally over and you can move on with your life. So happy for you! Can't wait to read your interview experience.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
82 82 82! That made my day! :) I'll be thankful when it goes down even more :)

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Short landing story, long to come when I'm recovered from the trip lol.

Got to the border with uhaul trailer behind the car. Explained we got approved for PR and was sent right inside. Officer asked for our paperwork, then had us sit. Waited a bit. Called to sign COPRs. Sat down again. Called to sign B4. Sat down again. Called up, handed passports with COPRs stapled inside each, told to wait til cards come then remove the COPRs and keep in a safe place. That was it, we were done. It took a total of 1 hour at he border to land all 5 of us. No "welcome to Canada" or pins. But that's ok, I'm just glad to be done with the worry and wait. We're going to Grande Prairie tomorrow to get SINs then to the bank and registry to get my license and register my businesses!

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Glad to hear your landing was that easy! Hope you and the kids enjoy the new life in Canada! ;)

Note: I've kept a pin from last year's Canada day... I think I will just take it with me when I land! ;D

awor said:
Short landing story, long to come when I'm recovered from the trip lol.

Got to the border with uhaul trailer behind the car. Explained we got approved for PR and was sent right inside. Officer asked for our paperwork, then had us sit. Waited a bit. Called to sign COPRs. Sat down again. Called to sign B4. Sat down again. Called up, handed passports with COPRs stapled inside each, told to wait til cards come then remove the COPRs and keep in a safe place. That was it, we were done. It took a total of 1 hour at he border to land all 5 of us. No "welcome to Canada" or pins. But that's ok, I'm just glad to be done with the worry and wait. We're going to Grande Prairie tomorrow to get SINs then to the bank and registry to get my license and register my businesses!

calissons

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->SEA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Interview........
Waived
GOGOGO said:
There you go, calissons! Congratulations!!! 8)

Right, if you choose not to do the Fedex thing, then just a self-addressed 8.5x11 envelope with your passport, etc.
ah it's fedex?? LOL I feel stupid.

thanks.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
;) I've never done that waybill thing, but I suspect this may need a fedex account. You can enquire at fedex office or call their customer support.

calissons said:
ah it's fedex?? LOL I feel stupid.

thanks.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys, I'm going to be away for a few days. If any of you would like to help on updating the Buffalo spreadsheet, please let me know and I will PM the details! Thanks!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOGOGO said:
;) I've never done that waybill thing, but I suspect this may need a fedex account. You can enquire at fedex office or call their customer support.
It does. You can get one at http://www.fedex.com/us/oadr/index.html that charges directly to your credit card.