09-01-2012 (22-02-2012 Seattle)
Med's Done....
19-07-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2012 (Canada Day!!)
GOGOGO said:
Hi guys, I'm going to be away for a few days. If any of you would like to help on updating the Buffalo spreadsheet, please let me know and I will PM the details! Thanks!
I'll keep tabs on it if you'd like!

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Thanks g-man. I've PM'd you the details!

g-man said:
I'll keep tabs on it if you'd like!

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Congrats callisons...Fed ex walked me through it....and gave me the phone to set up account...helped me fill out everything!

My landing was pretty much like Awors..up to the counter sign this..sit down...back up...sign something else..... sit back down...sent to someone else for goods to follow. They ( esp the first guy) was very nice. No one said WELCOME TO Canada...I made hubby say it.....lol ol
Went down to get sin card yesterday...easy peasy...very nice, helpful and they said WELCOME TO Canada.
I am packing and getting ready to move...to OUR bigger new place (have room to bring all my stuff)....very exciting!

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
gypsy494 said:
Congrats callisons...Fed ex walked me through it....and gave me the phone to set up account...helped me fill out everything!

My landing was pretty much like Awors..up to the counter sign this..sit down...back up...sign something else..... sit back down...sent to someone else for goods to follow. They ( esp the first guy) was very nice. No one said WELCOME TO Canada...I made hubby say it.....lol ol
Went down to get sin card yesterday...easy peasy...very nice, helpful and they said WELCOME TO Canada.
I am packing and getting ready to move...to OUR bigger new place (have room to bring all my stuff)....very exciting!
So wonderful for you. Congrats & WELCOME TO CANADA!!! Good luck with everything. Am so looking forward to my hubby's time to land. :)

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Well I got my COPR letter today so Im heading to the border tomorrow.Ok lets see I need my Passport,COPR copies,B4A form and what else am I missing?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Also It says you shouldnt leave Canada until you have your Permanent Resident Card but where heading to Maui May 16th.It says you have to apply for a Permanent Resident Abroad before you re-enter Canada has anyone done this yet?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
Well I got my COPR letter today so Im heading to the border tomorrow.Ok lets see I need my Passport,COPR copies,B4A form and what else am I missing?
Address for them to send the PR card and a camera to capture the moment (right after you leave the customs/immigration area since they don't allow photos right there). Oh, and if you can, take two copies of the B4 ... they will appreciate not having to make them.

How exciting :)

ETA: If you have a car on the B4 they may ask to see the title just to make sure it is in your name even if you aren't doing the whole export/import at that time. Are you taking a car?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
OhCanadiana said:
Address for them to send the PR card and a camera to capture the moment (right after you leave the customs/immigration area since they don't allow photos right there). Oh, and if you can, two copies of the B4 ... they will appreciate not having to make them themselves. You're not exporting a car, right?

How exciting :)
Thanks for the responce.I am bringing a car but not wright now so I was going to put it on my B4A form for goods to follow.Because Im In Canada on a visitor visa wright now so I have to go back to the states at a later date to get the rest of my stuff.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
Also It says you shouldnt leave Canada until you have your Permanent Resident Card but where heading to Maui May 16th.It says you have to apply for a Permanent Resident Abroad before you re-enter Canada has anyone done this yet?
Are you an American citizen?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Just got off the phone with immigration at my border crossing and they said that I can come to the border anytime there open 24hrs and that I can add the truck to the B4A form.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
Then you should be able to solve this with minimum headache. Technically, the requirement is that you need your PR card unless you get a travel document. The real reason for this is that commercial carriers (eg airlines) get severe penalties if they allow someone to travel to Canada (or any other country) without proper documents and they aren't trained to know, and don't have access to the systems to know if a COPR is valid. Therefore, The need for a travel document if you don't have your PR card and are traveling on a commercial carrier.

However, as a US citizen, you can get on the plane as if you were a tourist (visa exempt) alleviating the carrier's concerns even if you don't have hour PR card and then when you arrive back in Canada, the immigration officers can check your status with the COPR and you enter as a PR. And hopefully your PR card will be waiting for you by your return.

By the way, did you see my ETA above re your car ... Take the title with you when you land as they may want to see it's in your name.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
So basically the airline will just look at my passport when I get on the plane.But when I get back to Canada at immigration in the airport is when they could ask questions or did I read that wrong?

OhCanadiana said:
Then you should be able to solve this with minimum headache. Technically, the requirement is that you need your PR card unless you get a travel document. The real reason for this is that commercial carriers (eg airlines) get severe penalties if they allow someone to travel to Canada (or any other country) without proper documents and they aren't trained to know, and don't have access to the systems to know if a COPR is valid. Therefore, The need for a travel document if you don't have your PR card and are traveling on a commercial carrier.

However, as a US citizen, you can get on the plane as if you were a tourist (visa exempt) alleviating the carrier's concerns even if you don't have hour PR card and then when you arrive back in Canada, the immigration officers can check your status with the COPR and you enter as a PR. And hopefully your PR card will be waiting for you by your return.

By the way, did you see my ETA above re your car ... Take the title with you when you land as they may want to see it's in your name.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
So basically the airline will just look at my passport when I get on the plane.But when I get back to Canada at immigration in the airport is when they could ask questions or did I read that wrong?
Thanks for asking. Let me try to clarify to make sure we're on the same page.

The airline could give you grief if you tell them you are a PR and then don't have a PR card because they have no way of verifying status. So, it's best to just show your passport and not give any details on PR and COPR (unless they ask). If they do ask questions - and I've never had an airline ask that type of detail - but if they do you can explain that they will not be taking any incremental risk because even if you were not a PR and we lying to them about that then you could go in as a tourist. Bottom line - no chance they they will get fined for not checking that you can legally enter.

In contrast, immigration should be fine with it at the airport since they understand COPRs and can verify status. I have seen it done at land borders and have read of many people doing it at airports without a glitch so I wouldn't be worried (even though I haven't done it or see it done personally). The worst I've seen at land borders is them teasing you about celebrating your new status by leaving :p

I hope this is clearer ... but please keep asking until it is :)

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
I undrstand what your saying now thanks alot.Yeah ive been traveling back and forth from the US and Canada for work and as a visitor for almost 4yrs now and havent ever had any questions asked by the airline.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah we had to leave to go to Maui to celebrate my residency.

OhCanadiana said:
Thanks for asking. Let me try to clarify to make sure we're on the same page.

The airline could give you grief if you tell them you are a PR and then don't have a PR card because they have no way of verifying status. So, it's best to just show your passport and not give any details on PR and COPR (unless they ask). If they do ask questions - and I've never had an airline ask that type of detail - but if they do you can explain that they will not be taking any incremental risk because even if you were not a PR and we lying to them about that then you could go in as a tourist. Bottom line - no chance they they will get fined for not checking that you can legally enter.

In contrast, immigration should be fine with it at the airport since they understand COPRs and can verify status. I have seen it done at land borders and have read of many people doing it at airports without a glitch so I wouldn't be worried (even though I haven't done it or see it done personally). The worst I've seen at land borders is them teasing you about celebrating your new status by leaving :p

I hope this is clearer ... but please keep asking until it is :)