(Sent with app)
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
GOGOGO said:
From what I read, it normally takes 3-4 weeks for people to get their COPR back in mail. The COPR typically gives a deadline of the 1-year anniversary of their medical appointment or the date their passport expires, whichever is soonest, to land.

Thanks GOGOGO, this is confusing and frustrating, some people say 15 days, some say months :(( Agh, wish I didn't have to go through this, wish no one had to go through this :| It is too much work and nerve wracking at times. Did u get yours or still waiting??
And why would they ask for the passport if they won't stamp it? I mean US citizens are visa exempt, we don't need a visa to get into Canada, so I am lost with their whole passport or photocopy of passport and such....

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
I know, the whole process is confusing and frustrating right from the beginning. On the plus side, I'm sure we all learned a lot throughout the process!

Yes, I'm still waiting. One complicated part of mine is that I need to get a police certificate from Hong Kong where I lived before, but they didn't process my request until the VO specifically asked for it. Now that I've forwarded them the VO's request and they are processing it, and hope they will send the result to VO soon.

Hope you get your COPR back soon! Congratulations again, and all the best on your landing (though you're already there)! :)

Cycyna said:
Thanks GOGOGO, this is confusing and frustrating, some people say 15 days, some say months :(( Agh, wish I didn't have to go through this, wish no one had to go through this :| It is too much work and nerve wracking at times. Did u get yours or still waiting??
And why would they ask for the passport if they won't stamp it? I mean US citizens are visa exempt, we don't need a visa to get into Canada, so I am lost with their whole passport or photocopy of passport and such....

Cycyna

Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-07-2011
File Transfer...
01-12-2011
Med's Request
(Sent with app)
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
GOGOGO said:
I know, the whole process is confusing and frustrating right from the beginning. On the plus side, I'm sure we all learned a lot throughout the process!

Yes, I'm still waiting. One complicated part of mine is that I need to get a police certificate from Hong Kong where I lived before, but they didn't process my request until the VO specifically asked for it. Now that I've forwarded them the VO's request and they are processing it, and hope they will send the result to VO soon.

Hope you get your COPR back soon! Congratulations again, and all the best on your landing (though you're already there)! :)
I am sure we all learned something as you said, I know I learned something very important "Patience" lol, but I feel like I am running out of it again :D I was never a patient person, lol, I come see my husband almost every month, he can only come visit every 2 months or so do to his job. One part that was complicated for me is when they have returned our file to us because we forgot to sign one of the forms, then in Jan again they asked me for a Police certificate from France where I have lived before, I don't know how I never thought of that, so had to wait for that then sent it to them. Oh well, the COPR better get here soon, lol, so I can move all my things here, start looking for a job and start our family already.

Thanks again GOGOGO and keeping my fingers crossed for you.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Cycyna said:
I am sure we all learned something as you said, I know I learned something very important "Patience" lol, but I feel like I am running out of it again :D I was never a patient person, lol, I come see my husband almost every month, he can only come visit every 2 months or so do to his job. One part that was complicated for me is when they have returned our file to us because we forgot to sign one of the forms, then in Jan again they asked me for a Police certificate from France where I have lived before, I don't know how I never thought of that, so had to wait for that then sent it to them. Oh well, the COPR better get here soon, lol, so I can move all my things here, start looking for a job and start our family already.

Thanks again GOGOGO and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
CyCyna.....you should count your self lucky....My husband can only see each other every 4-6 months! I would love to see him every month! but i do still feel your pain....being apart for a small amount is still hard! We are on our way to being done!! hang in there :)

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Cycyna said:
But what dp you mean you are green??
on the buffalo spread sheet...Im green now....and i have been waiting and hoping for the day that i would see green across my name! so so so so happy

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Congrats mumbles :D Isn't it funny how a color can make a person so happy!

Cycyna

Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-07-2011
File Transfer...
01-12-2011
Med's Request
(Sent with app)
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
mumbles said:
CyCyna.....you should count your self lucky....My husband can only see each other every 4-6 months! I would love to see him every month! but i do still feel your pain....being apart for a small amount is still hard! We are on our way to being done!! hang in there :)
I feel your pain as well, but like you said, we are on our way to be done, erffff, we have put our family on hold so we can start it when we are finally together for good!!!!!
Hope the wait ends soon for everyone.
About the Buffalo spreadsheet, what is it about, never heard of it.
I am happy for you and it literally gave me goose bumps because I can feel your joy and happiness :)

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Cycyna said:
I feel your pain as well, but like you said, we are on our way to be done, erffff, we have put our family on hold so we can start it when we are finally together for good!!!!!
Hope the wait ends soon for everyone.
About the Buffalo spreadsheet, what is it about, never heard of it.
I am happy for you and it literally gave me goose bumps because I can feel your joy and happiness :)
ask GOGOGO to add you ...its a timeline spread sheet that we follow on this thread....only has out land buffalo spousal applicants on it so you know it all pertains to you! LOVE IT! It has given me such hope....

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
http://tinyurl.com/3rpdwav

this is the link to the spread sheet

Minnow

Jan 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Passport Req..
22-03-2012
Cycyna said:
The same actual specs of "Appendix B: Photo specifications"
Good luck :))
Thank you! Anyone have any good experience with getting immigration photo's done in the States? My husband got his initial Appendix B photos (the ones we submitted) done at Black's Photography in Ontario... he had a lot of trouble finding somewhere to go for this in California (it seemed no one there had ever heard of immigration photos or any specs other than passport size... and they weren't willing to adjust sizes!)
Thanks guys

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Minnow said:
Thank you! Anyone have any good experience with getting immigration photo's done in the States? My husband got his initial Appendix B photos (the ones we submitted) done at Black's Photography in Ontario... he had a lot of trouble finding somewhere to go for this in California (it seemed no one there had ever heard of immigration photos or any specs other than passport size... and they weren't willing to adjust sizes!)
Thanks guys
We went to sears...they didn't have the exact size but their software allowed us to adjust it manually to get the head size. They still printed out retry big so we had to cut on our own afterwards. Now I can't say if they worked cause I'm still in the sponsor approval stage but at least we got them done!

I had to ask the lady first if she was willing to work with us and be patient while we got this right, otherwise I wasn't booking our appt there... Sao I'd suggest telling them ahead of time so they allow for more time with you.

If you google immigration photos there are a few places that will crop and send you the pics if you can send them a headshot with a white background...if we had of had more time I might have tried that route.

This is such a last time item yet for us it was stressful and very time consuming :)

Good luck

diadema

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
23-11-2011, txfr to LA 19-1-12
Med's Done....
06-2011
Passport Req..
17-04-2012
Minnow said:
Anyone have any good experience with getting immigration photo's done in the States?
I got mine taken in California. Just get the usual US-style passport photos (which you can get practically anywhere), then trim them down according to the instructions from Immigration. Oh and confirm that the head size is acceptable before you pay - I think US and Canada have the same requirements there, but double-check just in case.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
Minnow said:
Thanks guys
It is very difficult...my husband is in Minnesota and he had to get a few different ones done before it was right....he went to an independent photographer to get them done

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
diadema said:
I got mine taken in California. Just get the usual US-style passport photos (which you can get practically anywhere), then trim them down according to the instructions from Immigration. Oh and confirm that the head size is acceptable before you pay - I think US and Canada have the same requirements there, but double-check just in case.
The head size is not the same unfortunatley....we made this mistake....you do need to be careful :(

A

achander

Hey all,

just got my passport back from the LA consulate. Took 22 days from the day they received it. I have COPR valid till 19 Sep 2012, i guess 1 year till my medical expires. I got all my photos back. So happy today, will be off to Edmonton soon since i got a transfer with my company too :D

here is my timeline in case it helps anyone,

App sent to CPC-M by my wife : 12 Oct 2011
CPC-M recieved app: 14 Oct 2011
First letter in mail from CPC-M to wife: 16 Dec 2011 (File transfer to Buffalo)
Email from buffalo to me: 4 Jan 2012
PPR from LA: 14 Feb 2012
Passport sent to LA: 21 Feb 2012
LA recieved PP: 23 Feb 2012
COPR with Visa: 16 March 2012
Leaving US: 7 April 2012 (hopefully)

Hopefully this will be a positive sign for everyone. Good luck and I will try to be active on this forum if i can help anyone.

cheers