Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
soooooooo.....yesterday....I sent a fax to Buffalo because I was feeling concerned as my husbands medicals expire in a month and a half........and...this morning...................YAY!!!!! they requested his PASSPORT!!!! !! OMG!!! I am so so unbelievably happy!! Crying.....excited...freaking out! .....I was talking to my husband on skype when he got the email and I was so excited...its strange being to so excited and emotionally overwhelmed and not be able to hug or kiss or touch the one person you wanna share it with!

Its been 29 days since "in process"

this is what they sent
Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to finalise your application.

Within the next 30 days please submit your passport(s) or a photocopy of all passport pages for you and your accompanying family members.

We also require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport photocopies as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to our mailing instructions for further information.

Please note, though your passport(s) or passport photocopies are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and you must become a Permanent Resident on or before that date. The validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
congrats. :)
what did the fax you sent say? I might just send them one myself ;) as my medical expires the beginning of april.

Cycyna

Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-07-2011
File Transfer...
01-12-2011
Med's Request
(Sent with app)
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
Hi everyone, I am an American citizen and my husband is Canadian, been married since July 2010, we have sent our app June 2011, they have received it in July 2011, returned it to my husband in September because I forgot to sign a form, I signed it then we sent it back, they started processing it in Jan 11th and 2 days ago they sent me an email requesting a photocopy of all pages of my passport and 2 pictures with descriptions of eye color and height in order to finalize my app.
Since my app was being processed in Buffalo, but I am in Canada now visiting my hubby, I have sent the Xpresspost envelopes with the requested docs to Fort Erie on March 13th, it has been picked up by them on the 15th.
Anyway, my question was, how long will it take after this to get the COPR back and how much time do they usually give you (after you get your CPOR) to land? Obviously I am going to make an appointment at the local immigration office to land because the nearest border is 18 hours drive, and the local office which is walking distance from where I am at now.
Thanks

This is the email they have sent me:

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to finalise your application.

Within the next 30 days please submit your passport(s) or a photocopy of all passport pages for you and your accompanying family members.

We also require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) or passport photocopies as requested. You must submit these items by mail. We recommend that you submit a prepaid envelope for the return of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document(s) and passport(s). Please refer to our mailing instructions for further information.

Please note, though your passport(s) or passport photocopies are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and you must become a Permanent Resident on or before that date. The validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
There you go! Congratulations, mumbles! I guess Buffalo VO will be flooded with faxes soon! ;D

mumbles said:
soooooooo.....yesterday....I sent a fax to Buffalo because I was feeling concerned as my husbands medicals expire in a month and a half........and...this morning...................YAY!!!!! they requested his PASSPORT!!!! !! OMG!!! I am so so unbelievably happy!! Crying.....excited...freaking out! .....I was talking to my husband on skype when he got the email and I was so excited...its strange being to so excited and emotionally overwhelmed and not be able to hug or kiss or touch the one person you wanna share it with!

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
kourts said:
congrats. :)
what did the fax you sent say? I might just send them one myself ;) as my medical expires the beginning of april.
My fax was very simple....just said that i was concerned in regards to timing as my husbands medicals expire on May 10th 2012. E-cas has stated that our application has been "in process" as of Feb 17th 2012. Do we qualify for an extension on my husbands medicals? I stated at the top pur file number and UCI number and my husbands full name. I used letter head from the company I work for....I also stated that I had tried to send an email but i was unable to do so and that they could feel free to respond through email and listed my email address also...

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
The fax could have been a fluke....to be honest ...cuz I was expecting an email from them soon considering other time lines after "in process"....

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
I had tried to send them an email through buffalo website.....and for some reason my computer would not allow me to....something to do with the codes they ask you to type in before you are able to send the email...ya know, the ones they use to try and avoid bots?

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
I'M GREEN!!! I'M GREEN!!! YIPPEEEE!!!!!! so happy! hopefully the rest of the process goes well....

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Minnow

Jan 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Passport Req..
22-03-2012
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

[/quote]

Yah!!! Congrats mumbles!!!! ;D

Minnow

Jan 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Passport Req..
22-03-2012
Mumbles,
Does it say what size the 2 required photo's need to be? Passport size? I'm sure this has already been discussed somewhere in this forum...
Thanks!!

Cycyna

Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-07-2011
File Transfer...
01-12-2011
Med's Request
(Sent with app)
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
mumbles said:
I'M GREEN!!! I'M GREEN!!! YIPPEEEE!!!!!! so happy! hopefully the rest of the process goes well....

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!

Congrats mumbles, got the same email you got and sent out my papers and they have received them 3 days ago, now waiting for the COPR. But what dp you mean you are green?? I check my status on the CIC site all the time, and it is still say in process... Thoug again, they have received the photocopy of my passport and the 2 pictures few days ago.
Do you have any idea how long will it take till they send the COPR??
Congrats again, I know how frustrating the wait can be. Happy for you and good luck to everyone else.

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
From what I read, it normally takes 3-4 weeks for people to get their COPR back in mail. The COPR typically gives a deadline of the 1-year anniversary of their medical appointment or the date their passport expires, whichever is soonest, to land.

Cycyna said:
Anyway, my question was, how long will it take after this to get the COPR back and how much time do they usually give you (after you get your CPOR) to land?

Cycyna

Mar 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2011
AOR Received.
01-07-2011
File Transfer...
01-12-2011
Med's Request
(Sent with app)
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
Minnow said:
Mumbles,
Does it say what size the 2 required photo's need to be? Passport size? I'm sure this has already been discussed somewhere in this forum...
Thanks!!
The same actual specs of "Appendix B: Photo specifications"
Good luck :))