Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was yours 3 months old or older by the time it was received at Mississauga?
Quince777 said:
When did your police cert from UK (I'm guessing it's UK from your previous posts) expired? I'm afraid I might be asked to submit a new police cert too because mine expired. Do they give enough time to submit these documents?

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
ddobro2 said:
So your AOR is 1/24/2012 not 11/8/2011.
they received in Mississauga Nov 8,2011 and in Buffalo today...

sooo that does mean the sponsorship was approved right? I did not really have any worrys bout that bout the not hearing anything past the they rc'd email AND I stress over everything lol.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well AOR specifically means that you got email from the visa office confirming that your file had been received from CPC-M. It's not an e-CAS update and it's not the confirmations that I guess CPC-M is choosing to do recently. Your application was "received" (originally) Nov. 8 though.
gypsy494 said:
they received in Mississauga Nov 8,2011 and in Buffalo today...

sooo that does mean the sponsorship was approved right? I did not really have any worrys bout that bout the not hearing anything past the they rc'd email AND I stress over everything lol.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
The Check status update page confuses me....When I log in it takes me to where I enter my UCI and then goes to my updates...and it has Decision made on my sponsorship approval and under permanent resident it says application received...and below that you can click to understand what it means.....Welll it says on my update that they received the medical results....but under the status explanation it has the medical results recieved by cic under decision made part...does that mean they are close to approving us? it is so not clear....or may i am looking into it too much

canuckofchicago

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2011
Doc's Request.
06-10-2011
AOR Received.
08-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Hey everyone,

I just have a logistical question. As the sponsor for my wife's PR do I need go with my wife when she goes to buffalo in person to get her PR and then land or can she do this on her own?

Thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can do it on her own (the sponsor is not obligated to be at the landing) although it might be helpful (and enjoyable) for you two to be together.
canuckofchicago said:
Hey everyone,

I just have a logistical question. As the sponsor for my wife's PR do I need go with my wife when she goes to buffalo in person to get her PR and then land or can she do this on her own?

Thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, don't put too much faith into e-CAS. Whatever it may say in that chart, "Medical Results have been received" is certainly not correlated with the "Decision Made" category in practical terms. It's not even correlated with "In Process." Medical results are received at some point - exactly when is variable- before you are "in process" according to e-cas and most definetely before e-cas shows "decision made."

mumbles said:
The Check status update page confuses me....When I log in it takes me to where I enter my UCI and then goes to my updates...and it has Decision made on my sponsorship approval and under permanent resident it says application received...and below that you can click to understand what it means.....Welll it says on my update that they received the medical results....but under the status explanation it has the medical results recieved by cic under decision made part...does that mean they are close to approving us? it is so not clear....or may i am looking into it too much

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Mark5 said:
Do anyone know any affordable hotel around Buffalo and if they do provide taxi service?
We have interview next month but the interview letter states that me and my spouse
must attend so will we like to be there a day before the interview date and due to will
be taking our child with us.
As anyone been invited for interview recently? If so pls share your experience and what
type document to take along. Is the sponsor always get interviewed or only just the applicant?
I'm always nervous when it comes to anything interview but i do hope for the best.

Any suggestion will help alot...Thanks
I don't exactly know where the interview location is but my husband and I have stayed at the millennium hotel near the walden galleria and they offer a pretty decent Canadian rate. Ex this weekend we are paying 79 for sat night.... That's not too bad considering I've unfortunately had to stay in a dive in Niagara for 85. Check out millenniums website, otherwise use Expedia.... All the best

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Was yours 3 months old or older by the time it was received at Mississauga?
It was 3 months older because I had it done a long time ago but I wasn't ready to submit my application. So do you think I should maybe re-do it now instead of waiting for Buffalo to request it? I was told that sometimes those types of documents can be extended by Buffalo.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I can't think of any reason why she can't land on her own, although when I landed, I wanted to share the experience with my wife. It's all up to you two. ;)
canuckofchicago said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks

sandraqi

Jun 7, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo/ New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2011 Buffalo, transferred to New York on 16-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2011
Passport Req..
05-March-2012
awor said:
1 year visitor extension received today. Going to go in this week and sign up for Alberta health.
Hi Awor,
my husband also got his 1 year visitor extension visa today, but it's not authorize Re-Entry . He is living with me in Canada now and waiting for PR.
Our problem is we're planning to leave for Hawaii for 10 days holiday, then come back to Canada and continue waiting for his PR. If he hold this 1 year visitor visa and enter the border of Canada, is it means his first Entry, or Re-entry with this Visa?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
sandraqi said:
Hi Awor,
my husband also got his 1 year visitor extension visa today, but it's not authorize Re-Entry . He is living with me in Canada now and waiting for PR.
Our problem is we're planning to leave for Hawaii for 10 days holiday, then come back to Canada and continue waiting for his PR. If he hold this 1 year visitor visa and enter the border of Canada, is it means his first Entry, or Re-entry with this Visa?
Does he have a visitor visa or a visitor record? If it's not valid for re-entry then I would assume it's a visitor visa. What that means is that there is no guarantee that he will be allowed to re-enter, but it also does not mean he will be refused. It simply means that as long as he doesn't leave the country he is legally allowed to stay as a visitor for the period indicated on the visitor record. I often crossed the border with a visitor record in my passport while awaiting my PR, and I found it facilitated re-entry. The border guards did not feel the need to question me about my visit, since I had already discussed my visit with another border guard in order to get the visitor record. Also, I suppose they could (should?) technically reissue a new visitor record every time you leave and re-enter, they normally don't. So the visitor record he has now will remain valid if he leaves and is granted re-entry, and he will still have to respect the time limit listed on the visitor record. In other words, there is no extension of your time as a visitor just because you leave the country and re-enter.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
The visitor record I once had stated in bold print: Not valid for re-entry

Weird how yours said differently, but I guess it's up the people at the border.
AmericaninQuebec said:
Does he have a visitor visa or a visitor record? If it's not valid for re-entry then I would assume it's a visitor visa. What that means is that there is no guarantee that he will be allowed to re-enter, but it also does not mean he will be refused. It simply means that as long as he doesn't leave the country he is legally allowed to stay as a visitor for the period indicated on the visitor record. I often crossed the border with a visitor record in my passport while awaiting my PR, and I found it facilitated re-entry. The border guards did not feel the need to question me about my visit, since I had already discussed my visit with another border guard in order to get the visitor record. Also, I suppose they could (should?) technically reissue a new visitor record every time you leave and re-enter, they normally don't. So the visitor record he has now will remain valid if he leaves and is granted re-entry, and he will still have to respect the time limit listed on the visitor record. In other words, there is no extension of your time as a visitor just because you leave the country and re-enter.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
mjh49783aa said:
The visitor record I once had stated in bold print: Not valid for re-entry

Weird how yours said differently, but I guess it's up the people at the border.
No, mine did say not valid for re-entry. What is means is that there is no guaranty provided by the visitor record that you will be allowed re-entry into Canada. It is not a visa, simply a record for tracking your entry into Canada and as a way to remind you that 1) you have no right to work/study/etc. while in Canada and 2) the date by which you must have left the country (if you haven't applied for an extension by then). I honestly think they probably should remove and re-issue a visitor record every time you leave the country (especially since they say "Not valid for re-entry" on them), but since it takes time and energy they probably don't figure it's worth it (especially if they have no intention of changing the end date on the visitor record).

ben_449

Jan 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-08-2011
Passport Req..
fingers X'ed
HI Mumbles

I have the exact same status on ecas so we are in the same boat.
When did you submit?

mumbles said: