+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Quince777 said:
I hear you regarding being nervous before interview. I've never heard of anyone being invited for interview with the sponsor unless application was filed in Canada. So your case is kind of interesting because both applicant and sponsor have to find time to make it to interview in Buffalo. Plus you have to take your child with you too. I think they just want more proof that your relationship is genuine that's why they asked all of you to attend it. I'm sure you'll do fine and nothing to worry about. How much time did they give before interview?
Sure we never submitted huge supporting document but it file in Feb 2011 not 2010. It's just about 2months
before the interview date due to we got the letter in December. Yes i live in Canada with my spouse but
we decided to use the out-land process which thought it's going to be faster but they choose to keep it
and let it collect more dust.
We just need info on any affordable hotels around Buffalo due our budget is really tight. Anyways anyone who
hard been interviewed recently, you can pls share with us on what the interview is like

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
My wife and I went to Montana for the weekend since my 6months is up Feb 3rd.On our way back into Canada I asked for my passport to be stamped so they told me to go inside to immigration.Well the lady there drilled me about everything but it was worth it because when she was done she gave me a 6month visitor visa and wished me goodluck.So hopefully my app will be done before it runs out.

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Got my 6 months extention! ;D BUT still did not hear anything about the first step sponsor yet...I sent in begining of Nov and they said they re'd Dec 22.
BUT I got my extention and do not have to leave hubby! :) HAPPY DANCE!!!

ps I finally called about my Marriage Lic ( to say ummm where is it?????...sent app without ...REQUESTED it beginning of Oct.)
and they said I should have in 5 to six weeks. Alrighty then :'(

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
awor said:
1 year visitor extension received today. Going to go in this week and sign up for Alberta health.
Congrats. Alberta lets you benefit from their health insurance as a visitor? Lucky. I would've loved to have gotten on the Quebec health insurance plan ages ago, but they're much more stingy about who can have access.

Ichiro

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
File Transfer...
12/02/2011
Interview........
28/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
20/01/2012
LANDED..........
06/02/2012
Mark5 said:
Do anyone know any affordable hotel around Buffalo and if they do provide taxi service?
We have interview next month but the interview letter states that me and my spouse
must attend so will we like to be there a day before the interview date and due to will
be taking our child with us.
As anyone been invited for interview recently? If so pls share your experience and what
type document to take along. Is the sponsor always get interviewed or only just the applicant?
I'm always nervous when it comes to anything interview but i do hope for the best.

Any suggestion will help alot...Thanks
Most hotels in Buffalo are generally affordable. We did however stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown. I can't rave enough about this hotel and the staff. Since it's a business hotel you have all the amenities you'd need.

You have various options to get to the embassy. We decided to take a cab and from what I remembered it wasn't to costly.

As to the interview itself. The interview began with the applicant. The questions asked by the officer will depend on what they feel is lacking in your file. If they have any concerns they'll try to clarify it w/ you. And that's you're opportunity to remove their doubt. I'm sure if you Google questions you'll find a few lists of potential questions. So I wouldn't worry about the interview itself, just as long as you know your partner well enough you should be totally fine. I think the number thing that I kept in my head during the interview was to always keep positive.

As to what documents to bring, we brought copies of our original submission along with all the supporting documents. We also brought with us updated documents (joint finances, updated trips, photos, etc).

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
ddobro2 said:
I highly doubt your file was only received by Buffalo on Jan. 4 if you applied in August.
AOR was via an e-mail sent on Jan 4 with a note that the file was received on Aug 16, 2011. I see that ppl who applied behind me have their file in process already...Wonder whats keeping my file on hold!

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
JAYJAY2 said:
Got an update on the website saying that

Permanent Residence

We received *** **** application for permanent residence on August 19, 2011.

We started processing *** **** application on January 12, 2012.

how long does it take them to approve it? haven't heard anything back yet so far
What is your AOR date? I believe our timeline is pretty close...Goodluck with the process

JAYJAY2

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-18-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
@ Shirsho

August 18 they received the application October 28 they transferred it to Buffalo and January 12 they started processing it.

@ moochops

when they asked for more docs did they ask the sponsor or applicant and did they ask by email or normal mail?

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shirsho said:
AOR was via an e-mail sent on Jan 4 with a note that the file was received on Aug 16, 2011. I see that ppl who applied behind me have their file in process already...Wonder whats keeping my file on hold!
Mine still says "application received" - there is no action whatsoever. I think a lot of people received their AOR from Buffalo at the beginning of January. Even people with applications filed after me got AOR at the same time with me. So I'm not surprised that you got yours at this date.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moochops said:
I recieved a letter last week from them requesting further docs and the rprf dated on the 6th.
When did your police cert from UK (I'm guessing it's UK from your previous posts) expired? I'm afraid I might be asked to submit a new police cert too because mine expired. Do they give enough time to submit these documents?

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
Congrats. Alberta lets you benefit from their health insurance as a visitor? Lucky. I would've loved to have gotten on the Quebec health insurance plan ages ago, but they're much more stingy about who can have access.
I am very glad my husband lives in Alberta. Alberta health says "residents who commit to living in Alberta 183 days out of 12 months" can be on their health care - and visitors who have a 1 year visitor record qualify, from the day they enter Canada.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Regarding the AOR and application received dates - CPC-M received the file on Aug 26. Sponsor approval on Nov 3rd. On Nov 26, I found ecas was working and that Buffalo had my file (because I could log in with my client ID number). AOR on Dec 15, transfer to LA on Jan 19.

Throughout all of that, ecas has stayed constant with "Application received" and "We started processing your application on Aug 26" - the only thing that's ever changed is my mailing address. No "in process" or "medical results received". But there's definitely movement with my file.

Ecas is unreliable and not worth stressing over.

Mark5

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Ichiro said:
Most hotels in Buffalo are generally affordable. We did however stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown. I can't rave enough about this hotel and the staff. Since it's a business hotel you have all the amenities you'd need.

You have various options to get to the embassy. We decided to take a cab and from what I remembered it wasn't to costly.

As to the interview itself. The interview began with the applicant. The questions asked by the officer will depend on what they feel is lacking in your file. If they have any concerns they'll try to clarify it w/ you. And that's you're opportunity to remove their doubt. I'm sure if you Google questions you'll find a few lists of potential questions. So I wouldn't worry about the interview itself, just as long as you know your partner well enough you should be totally fine. I think the number thing that I kept in my head during the interview was to always keep positive.

As to what documents to bring, we brought copies of our original submission along with all the supporting documents. We also brought with us updated documents (joint finances, updated trips, photos, etc).
Thanks for the info about the hotel and since it's closer to buffalo that will be so great....Now we mean't have to go to Walmart to printout some pics of us together but are we suppose to provide any additional letter from friends and family? The letter we got said we should provide marriage certificate if we are married and photos too.

gypsy494

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
08-11-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-10-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
21-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2012
LANDED..........
24-04-2012
Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
We never rc'd an email saying sponsor approved BUT I got an email from Buffalo just now saying they rc'd my app there!
Happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Progress

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So your AOR is 1/24/2012 not 11/8/2011.
gypsy494 said:
Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
We never rc'd an email saying sponsor approved BUT I got an email from Buffalo just now saying they rc'd my app there!
Happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Progress