+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

jkhaskett

Oct 19, 2011
ddobro2 said:
Congrats....and regarding the rest of what you wrote, I just took in a cat from the pound to foster, so according to your theory, my karmic PPR should be getting here any day now, right? ;)
Seeing as I work with animals on a daily basis - the chances of your karmic PPR arriving any day now is rated: HIGH. Good luck :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great :D ya hear that, Regional Processing Centre-Buffalo?! :p
jkhaskett said:
Seeing as I work with animals on a daily basis - the chances of your karmic PPR arriving any day now is rated: HIGH. Good luck :)

Trish1982

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
03-31-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 LA
bleh! Well, we are stilll waiiiiting! a week from today we hit the 11 month mark since we sent app.

MP informs us that they made a positive decision on our app, but....still no PPR!!!!

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
ddobro2 said:
In that case it might be the time your passport expires. Are you not able to land for some time once you get the visa?
My new passport expires in 10 years...i renew it, because it expired one month ago. I sent the inf to CIC and the next day i got the email with PPR. I dont have a fligth tickect yet...but i can fly to Vancouver anytime. My hubby is waiying for us ♥!

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
doctorkb said:
I have a *feeling* it is 30 days after visa issuance. But I will let you know for sure once ours comes back.

Did you send your passport off already, Morena?
Yes i sent it already! Buffalo got my passport yesterday. Also, i forgot to write in a separate note my eye color and my heigth...and i sent an email. Buffalo replied me that they got my email and the inf was add to my file.

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
I just saved an orphaned feral-no-longer kitty from my backyard. So I expect we should both get our PPR today. If it works you won't be able to get a cat for love nor money as everyone on this board will all go rescue a cat. :)

ddobro2 said:
Congrats....and regarding the rest of what you wrote, I just took in a cat from the pound to foster, so according to your theory, my karmic PPR should be getting here any day now, right? ;)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indeed ;)
GetUsHome said:
I just saved an orphaned feral-no-longer kitty from my backyard. So I expect we should both get our PPR today. If it works you won't be able to get a cat for love nor money as everyone on this board will all go rescue a cat. :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So when you wrote to Buffalo saying you just renewed your U.S. passport, they immediately sent you a request to have it so they can add the visa? Hmn......

I guess we will just have to see when your passport and the COPR that's in it gets back to you. I haven't found any reference to landing deadline policies more specific than this one: "You will have a period of one year following the initial conclusion of your medical exams or the expiration date of your or any accompanying family-member’s passport, whichever is earlier, to land. If delays cause the validity of your medical documents to expire, additional examinations may be required." That was from one of the consultant sites.

Morena said:
Yes i sent it already! Buffalo got my passport yesterday. Also, i forgot to write in a separate note my eye color and my heigth...and i sent an email. Buffalo replied me that they got my email and the inf was add to my file.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
"You will have a period of one year following the initial conclusion of your medical exams or the expiration date of your or any accompanying family-member's passport, whichever is earlier, to land. If delays cause the validity of your medical documents to expire, additional examinations may be required." That was from one of the consultant sites.
Has anyone on here gotten their PPR after their meds expired? If so, did Buffalo tell you specifically what to do about that (as in, did they specifically waive a new exam or did they require one)? If Buffalo didn't say anything at all, did you have trouble landing without proof of a new med exam?

My meds expire next week I believe, and still no sign of my PPR. I have no plans of running to pay $200 more to get a new exam done if Buffalo doesn't require it, but then I'm nervous that perhaps Buffalo won't bother to mention that I need to get a new exam done. The last thing I want is to get my PPR after my meds expire, get my visa, then go down to the border to cross (I'm already living in QC) and then have my entry refused because I don't have a new med exam. That would be really annoying and inconvenient since the closest doctors that do immigration exams other than those in Montreal are down in Boston.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
jkhaskett said:
Got my PPR today!!! For those who do not have it yet - I understand what you are going through but hang in there it will happen for you. I believe in good karma. Continue to be positive and be nice to all and good things will come. Good luck to all!
Did you get your PPR by email or regular mail?

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I'm pretty sure they'll request a new medical if needed. But I've seen people say that they extend your medical date if you're in Canada already. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
kourts said:
I'm pretty sure they'll request a new medical if needed. But I've seen people say that they extend your medical date if you're in Canada already. Maybe someone else can confirm this?
I've been in Canada since before my application was even sent in, so I'm hoping that they will simply waive the need for new medicals. Still hoping though to hear from someone who's experienced this and can gives us their story.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think I've ever seen anyone say they were definetely asked to redo their medical on this thread.....if they did, that's few and far between. Most of us do the medicals a decently short enough amount of time before filing, per the instructions, and the only reason why they do expire is because of the visa office's shenanigans. Now, whether someone is more or less likely to have them extended because they did them in Canada versus in the states or because they're in Canada during the processing (most people seem to think it's more)......that's something else to file in the Buffalo rumor mill. I think that if you do not hear from Buffalo, it is fair to assume they have extended them. I know normally you'd then say, "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me".......but when dealing with immigration, we don't have much of a choice but to do just that.
kourts said:

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
ddobro2 said:
I think that if you do not hear from Buffalo, it is fair to assume they have extended them. I know normally you'd then say, "when you assume you make an ass out of you and me".......but when dealing with immigration, we don't have much of a choice but to do just that.
Thank you for making me laugh. When it comes to CIC and my residency app it's not often I have a good reason to laugh. :)

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmericaninQuebec said:
Has anyone on here gotten their PPR after their meds expired? If so, did Buffalo tell you specifically what to do about that (as in, did they specifically waive a new exam or did they require one)? If Buffalo didn't say anything at all, did you have trouble landing without proof of a new med exam?

My meds expire next week I believe, and still no sign of my PPR. I have no plans of running to pay $200 more to get a new exam done if Buffalo doesn't require it, but then I'm nervous that perhaps Buffalo won't bother to mention that I need to get a new exam done. The last thing I want is to get my PPR after my meds expire, get my visa, then go down to the border to cross (I'm already living in QC) and then have my entry refused because I don't have a new med exam. That would be really annoying and inconvenient since the closest doctors that do immigration exams other than those in Montreal are down in Boston.

My husband got his PPR a few weeks after his medicals expired. He hasn't landed yet, but we don't anticipate it being a problem. I don't recall ever hearing anyone being asked to show their medicals when they were landing. He will be landing in 2 weeks, so I can let you know if they asked anything about medicals or not.